RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Lissa is hard to level up in Lunatic mode because I'm usually not the one who uses staffs unless necessary. But, nevertheless, in Normal-Classic, she's a War Cleric. But, in Lunatic, Frederick is a tank. This is only because I just started Lunatic-Casual yesterday, so this is prone to changing.

I'm calling bullshit on the Inigo score.

It's basically a combination of people's opinions; however, if votes like yours that gave high scores but were developed were disregarded in the adding up, then I'd say you have a proper reason to be angry.

...did I just counter my own argument?

Edited by The Fush

You had to go and quote that guy >_>

Inigo

no bias - bias

0.8 - 0.8

8.5 +1

1 - .5

0.5 +1

6.5 +1

9.5 Volke's was not counted because of weird reasoning

6 +1

4.75 +.5

1 won't count anymore because that reasoning is just as dumb as the 10s but I did count it at first since I didn't notice it

0 clearly a joke post

10 Donnel is better is just no

5 +1

9 +1

4 +1

a clearly trolling 10

another that was more subtle but still very probable trolling 10

71.05/19 = 3.74 = the 3.74 I put in the thread

Bias total is: +6.2

71.05 + 6.2 = 77.25/19 = 4.07 =/= 3.94 I put in the thread

The biased score was wrong due to me getting confused with the decimals. Btw, there's this thing called ignore list that activated so I oh so sadly can't count a certain guy's scores. "Whoops".

Edited by Peekayell

Right, so you're ignoring certain people's scores because you're a petty asshole. Figured as much. It'd be like if a debate judge ruled for one person because she blocked the others' posts, and thus used the reasoning "he wins because the other person didn't bother to make an argument"

Then again, I wouldn't expect much from the person who tries to give warnings to people following the mod's rules, then pathetically tries to claim that it wasn't serious.

It's basically a combination of people's opinions; however, if votes like yours that gave high scores but were developed were disregarded in the adding up, then I'd say you have a proper reason to be angry.

How is it a combination of people's opinions if a certain someone is arbitrarily throwing out some people's ratings for stupid reasons, and letting other, even more ridiculous reasonings, stay?

I honestly don't care whether Inigo is below Mia or Tormod or some shit, I just find it sad and pathetic that the runner of these ratings would go so far as to throw out ratings she disagrees with because oh god what would happen to the world if Inigo ended up above Sully/MU. The horror.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Right, so you're ignoring certain people's scores because you're a petty asshole. Figured as much. It'd be like if a debate judge ruled for one person because she blocked the others' posts, and thus used the reasoning "he wins because the other person didn't bother to make an argument"

Then again, I wouldn't expect much from the person who tries to give warnings to people following the mod's rules, then pathetically tries to claim that it wasn't serious.

How is it a combination of people's opinions if a certain someone is arbitrarily throwing out some people's ratings for stupid reasons, and letting other, even more ridiculous reasonings, stay?

I honestly don't care whether Inigo is below Mia or Tormod or some shit, I just find it sad and pathetic that the runner of these ratings would go so far as to throw out ratings she disagrees with because oh god what would happen to the world if Inigo ended up above Sully/MU. The horror.

Well said. Reggie's rating was thrown out basically because PKL doesn't like him, while weaker supported ratings stayed.

That's why I put in the 'if'. What's with this sudden outburst just because I was making a small "just in case if" point?

Oh wait I probably worded it wrong and I'm an idiot of course

I agree that throwing out ratings because of personal dislike is silly of course; but there were some ones which PKL had legitimate reasoning for: mainly the "Donnel is better" one.

Edited by The Fush

I'm pretty sure Reggie mentioned Inigo in the "worst unit in the game" thread a few weeks back. While his rating technically follows the guidelines, it's pretty clear that Reggie is just messing with PKL.

I'm pretty sure Reggie mentioned Inigo in the "worst unit in the game" thread a few weeks back. While his rating technically follows the guidelines, it's pretty clear that Reggie is just messing with PKL.

I wasn't counting postgame when I mentioned him back then. Postgame is factored now, so I see absolutely no problem with the score and justification I gave him. Peekwall is just being a twit.

I agree that throwing out ratings because of personal dislike is silly of course; but there were some ones which PKL had legitimate reasoning for: mainly the "Donnel is better" one.

Well yeah, the one line ones are obviously jokes, but the two "10/10 because I like him and stuff" ratings, and a few "0/10 no explanation needed" ones are apparently totally fine. God help you if you use an incorrect word in your rating or are on Peekwell's hypothetical troll list, though.

I missed that part of PKL's post. My mistake.

A lot of people I've seen don't have the most informative ratings. Lucina's Cynthia score, for example, was complete bullshit. But somehow it was counted.

I knew this was going to happen in RTUs.

Unless the person is clearly flat out trolling, how fair is it to call someone's vote "complete bullshit"? You're not that person, and you don't play like that person. RTUs are just glorified popularity contests, they mean nothing.

I knew this was going to happen in RTUs.

Unless the person is clearly flat out trolling, how fair is it to call someone's vote "complete bullshit"? You're not that person, and you don't play like that person. RTUs are just glorified popularity contests, they mean nothing.

Because I'm biased for Cynthia. You should know that. >_>

It just seems to me you're bashing RTUs for the sake of bashing them.

Edited by Zeem

Oh, because they're so civil and calm and everyone gets along, right? Zeem, I like you and you're my friend no matter what, but you need to grow up. You're acting like anyone who hates on RTUs has no valid reason and are just doing it for the sake of "bashing". Your failure to see the side of people who ARE griping about the RTUs makes you just as biased. You were there for how the Tellius RTU ended, so you know these things cause shitstorms. Am I really bashing these things for no reason because it's "hip" or something? Seriously.

You're right, Boron. What I said to you was pretty uncalled for. I guess I'm just letting my already irritated mood get to me, and I kind of took it out on you. I apologize.

Edited by Zeem

I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to tell you to "grow up". I know I should honestly ignore these threads, but at the same time some of these arguments are starting to border on ridiculous and it's spilling out into other parts of the SF community. Which means that people who are trying to avoid these things get no peace at all.

Riiight, this soldier's being the twit.

Children are useless. Why bother taking time opening that chest when it does nothing for you? Same deal here. 0/10

Agreed, using this score.

An idiot that's pretty useless, with the only exception being that [severa] might get galeforce. But not even galeforce can make up for this useless idiot and the approximately 50 million turns it costs for her use. 2/10 - 1 bias = 1/10

edit: Actually I feel like I'm overrating her, so change that to 0/10, 0/10 bias

To be fair, Brady isn't that bad.

0/10

Can the sass or go back and resubmit your previous ratings to account for postgame.

I'm assuming Peekwell hasn't counted those since she's already admitted to blocking my posts. If she did, there's nothing wrong with the first two (she said you didn't have to account for postgame if you didn't want to), and the third only strengthens my point that Peekyall's arbitrarily throwing out only scores she disagrees with.

Also, I apologize if it came off as me calling you a twit, I was calling Peekyell one, not you.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuup, show of hands if you saw something like this coming.

/me raises hand

I'm not even sure why the scores people give are worth complaining about. It's not like Donnel getting a hypothetical average of 9.5 is going to mean anything when RTUs finish. I've still yet to be given a serious answer as to why Inigo getting a score higher than Sully would be a bad thing?

plz no fe14 rtus