RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel dirty.

I just gave Gregor a 1.75/10 and I feel like it should have been a 1. :/
Unit are getting too much credit for pair up bonuses. As good as they may be, literally every unit can give good pair up bonuses in some way.
There are ~30 non kid units. To me there should be about 3 units in every # category. Aside from DonneLOL, can anyone honestly say there are 5 units worse than Gregor? I can't. Based on my rating scale Gregor should get like a .5 - 1, but that seems way too harsh to me so I went with a 1.75.
Am I insane? or does my logic make sense?

Some units become pretty ridiculous for PU Bonus though(see: Stahl, Sully, Gaius, Frederick) so I don't see how "This unit is good for Pair Up!" is a bad reasoning

But then again, Gregor is rather underwhelming as a PU

I feel dirty.

I just gave Gregor a 1.75/10 and I feel like it should have been a 1. :/
Unit are getting too much credit for pair up bonuses. As good as they may be, literally every unit can give good pair up bonuses in some way.
There are ~30 non kid units. To me there should be about 3 units in every # category. Aside from DonneLOL, can anyone honestly say there are 5 units worse than Gregor? I can't. Based on my rating scale Gregor should get like a .5 - 1, but that seems way too harsh to me so I went with a 1.75.
Am I insane? or does my logic make sense?

It makes sense, I guess. But the RTU is for Hard mode and Gregor isn't too bad in Hard Mode. (He's more or less mediocre in Hard Mode unlike Donnel who is abyssmal in any mode except for lol Normal where he's just awful without an obscene amount of favoritism.)

Edited by Kamina

Yes but if he is better only than DonneLOL, how can I rate him higher than 1?

Every unit in this game is good and definitely usable. But some are better/worse than others. I dont like giving multiple units the same score so that means there has to be 3 or 4 units to get 1's, 2's, 3's, etc...

Yes but if he is better only than DonneLOL, how can I rate him higher than 1?

Every unit in this game is good and definitely usable. But some are better/worse than others. I dont like giving multiple units the same score so that means there has to be 3 or 4 units to get 1's, 2's, 3's, etc...

To use Donnel in a no grind run, your other team members will be starved of EXP. Gregor on the other hand, can become good without hogging all the kills.

To use Donnel in a no grind run, your other team members will be starved of EXP. Gregor on the other hand, can become good without hogging all the kills.

Both need to be babied a lot. Donnel has more chances to.

Doesn't really matter in the end.

I gave DonneLOL a ZERO/10. I know Gregor is much better than him.

The problem is that Gregor is worse than the rest of the cast. How can the 2nd - 4th worst unit get mostly 5's, 6's, and 7's???

I gave DonneLOL a ZERO/10. I know Gregor is much better than him.

The problem is that Gregor is worse than the rest of the cast. How can the 2nd - 4th worst unit get mostly 5's, 6's, and 7's???

Because of Virion, Inigo, Basilio, Flavia, Say'ri...

That said those scores are still too high. I wish I could take back mine and give him a three or something,

Edited by bearclaw13

Basilio and Flavia are surprisingly underrated. They don't do too badly in 23 and 24 and they require no babying at all to be handy there, unlike Gregor and Donnel. It's worth mentioning that Basilio gets Rally Strength.

I agree that they're underrated. But let's say we baby Gregor for three maps to get him going. He's then good for the rest of the game 3 maps of training + the rest of the game of usefulness > semi-usefulness for 3-4 maps imo.

Also: JSND; are you getting my PMs?

Edited by bearclaw13

Well, due to the abundance of boss rush chapters after Gregor comes, even if we play at an efficient pace, no one's getting much exp in those chapters.

Basilio and Flavia do pretty well, and Basilio can ORKO Generals which is just fantastic really. Basilio's definitely significantly above Flavia thanks to that and Rally Strength.

Well, due to the abundance of boss rush chapters after Gregor comes, even if we play at an efficient pace, no one's getting much exp in those chapters.

Basilio and Flavia do pretty well, and Basilio can ORKO Generals which is just fantastic really. Basilio's definitely significantly above Flavia thanks to that and Rally Strength.

Not necessarily. Chapter 10 and Paralogue 4 are both pretty great for training, and others include Chapter 15 and numerous child Paralogues.

I know they do. I simply hate that availability.

Edited by bearclaw13

Availability only matters if you're around in the earlier chapters. Once you have Gregor/Nowi/Cordelia-like availability, they don't have much of a chance to be useful.

Pair up bonuses mean too much for me it seems :P. I definetely agree that Gregor is a terrible combat unit but I think he's at least better than Virion and Donnel. Lowering score to 3/10.

Gregor's scores are fine; I can see him averaging at around a 5. He gets to be pretty decent after a class change or promotion, though there most likely won't be any resources available for him right away.