RTU discussion thread

Randa

Yes, I know. But for me, much more less than half of my sumias have been lucky to get good str or def. She's great in earlygame which is the only reason why I still think she's on Cordelia's level. You don't have to agree with me, it's my opinion. Cordelia has been comparable to my Sumias on join and very quickly then roflstomp her in everything (except spd and res).

Edited by Peekayell

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know. But for me, much more less than half of my sumias have been lucky to get good str or def. She's great in earlygame which is the only reason why I still think she's on Cordelia's level. You don't have to agree with me, it's my opinion. Cordelia has been comparable to my Sumias on join and very quickly then roflstomp her in everything (except spd and res).

I can understand you disliking Sumia because she gets screwed but you can't expect others to agree with you. Part of me giving Sully and Panne such low scores is that they're often screwed for me and because of that I have trouble getting behind them.

Chiki, I always pair her with Frederick. I know what she is capable of in earlygame. Stop acting like I don't. I acknowledge it. But you can't say a 45 str growth and 30 def growth is reliable enough for her to completely outclass Cordelia. I've had terrible luck with most of my Sumias and I use her almost all of my playthroughs.

It's more of a trend by now. Like 2 good str/def Sumias vs like 8 bad str/def sumias. 1 bad Cordelia vs a ton of good Cordelias. I'm obviously going to be inclinded to believe Cordelia is more reliable.

Edited by Peekayell

I've paired her with both Fred and Stahl. Fred would be supporting Sumia by then I know, but there's no reason not to drop a bad Sumia if Cordelia is beating her in everything and will outclass her even more. I find Stahl/Cordelia better in "efficiency" but unless Stahl goes GK, it is worse than CordeliaxFrederick in LTC.

Well, after Cordelia shows up (beginning of Chapter 8, basically), there are these rout chapters: 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 23, 24. The rest can merely be Galeforce rushed.

Cordelia and Sumia probably aren't going to be very useful in 23 and 24, since there's so many boss rush chapters they're going to end up getting outclassed. So let's remove 23 and 24.

Now we have 8, 9, 11, 12 and 15.

Sumia has 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 over her.

I don't think Stahl will be promoting any time soon, so Sumia always has S support Frederick over Cordelia, who has no support with Stahl by Chapter 8. Cordelia gets a 2 or 3 strength bonus when Sumia gets 6. Sumia does better until around 15.

Sumia: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11

Cordelia: 15

Neither: 12, 23, 24

Yeah, but I still find it pretty funny with how hard she tries.

The convo in the beach DLC was the best!

Can you at least explain Cordelia getting a higher score than the AVATAR

Yeah, but I still find it pretty funny with how hard she tries.

The convo in the beach DLC was the best!

LOLOLOL

@bearclaw, once again, bias points, how do they work (that's 9.75/9.25 for female/male Avatar, 9 for Cordelia pre-bias)

Edited by shadykid

Can you at least explain Cordelia getting a higher score than the AVATAR

Because:

a) Avatar's personality is a moldy piece of cardboard (-1 bias point).

b) Avatar needs a Second Seal to get into a half decent class (-0.25 points)

Ergo, my 8.75 score I gave female avatar. Male avatar got less points for not having Peg Knight or Valkyrie reclass options (-0.5 for a total of 8.25).

Cordelia has an amazing class set and really needs nothing beyond a pair up partner (like... the rest of the game's cast).

-> b) Avatar needs a Second Seal to get into a half decent class (-0.25 points)

Cordelia has an amazing class set and really needs nothing beyond a pair up partner (like... the rest of the game's cast).

You're saying Cordelia also needs a Second Seal to get into another decent class then? Right. Unless obviously Cordelia is SOOOO perfect she can promote from Pegasus Knight into Hero or Sorcerer with no issues. ._.

You're saying Cordelia also needs a Second Seal to get into another decent class then? Right. Unless obviously Cordelia is SOOOO perfect she can promote from Pegasus Knight into Hero or Sorcerer with no issues. ._.

No but flying magic units are pretty good.