RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about other units? We're talking about Sully and what use she gets from a second seal. Am I not allowed to factor in the possibility of Sully getting a second seal and becoming better in my score, just because she's "good enough"? Should Avatar not be using the second seal at all because he's already good enough, and it prevents Panne/Vaike/etc from not using it?

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. You said Sully benefits from a second seal and I responded that while she does others benefit more. It's the same as Avatar, he/she shouldn't get a second seal if people need it more.

I'm not saying you can't factor it in. I'm saying you should consider the high opportunity cost.

No Avatar really shouldn't, he should be promoted. It gives him better stats and good skills sooner.

The way I see it, the best characters in the game must have access to atleast ONE of the following classes:

Sorcerer (Nos tanking is broken)

Assassin (Fast and overall good caps)

Sage (If staffbot, but also for Tomefaire)

Hero (Sol is a great skill, and Hero is a decent class on top of that)

Dark Flier (Access to Galeforce)

If one of these classes is not accessible to a character, I can't consider them all that great. However, for some characters, I'm willing to make exceptions (such as for Walhart, because he's cool).

As for the Vaike conversation, Vaike is useable early on, especially if you reclass him to Barbarian, because then you can get some speed on him and make him pretty good. He also makes a good dad for Gerome, which is a plus.

Vaike! Gerome has the highest non-third gen strength rating and can farther the highest possible strength unit in Morgan. I always feel like people underate gerome though.

Vaike is one of the best Gerome, but overall it is a MASSIVE waste

Gerome best dad in order

Frederick >>>>>>>>>>>>> Henry = Stahl > Kellam > Vaike > DA REST

Why? Because Dual Guard+ >>>>>>>> Small time damage difference. Or because Henry also gives Anathema.

Come to think of it, screw this

Frederick >>>>>>>>>>>> Stahl > Kellam > Henry > Vaike

Edited by JSND

The way I see it, the best characters in the game must have access to atleast ONE of the following classes:

Sorcerer (Nos tanking is broken)

Assassin (Fast and overall good caps)

Sage (If staffbot, but also for Tomefaire)

Hero (Sol is a great skill, and Hero is a decent class on top of that)

Dark Flier (Access to Galeforce)

If one of these classes is not accessible to a character, I can't consider them all that great. However, for some characters, I'm willing to make exceptions (such as for Walhart, because he's cool).

As for the Vaike conversation, Vaike is useable early on, especially if you reclass him to Barbarian, because then you can get some speed on him and make him pretty good. He also makes a good dad for Gerome, which is a plus.

Lack of Paladin/Great Knight is bad. Assassin isn't a good class at all but Pass is an extremely underrated skill.

Vaike is one of the best Gerome, but overall it is a MASSIVE waste

Gerome best dad in order

Frederick >>>>>>>>>>>>> Henry = Stahl > Kellam > Vaike > DA REST

Why? Because Dual Guard+ >>>>>>>> Small time damage difference. Or because Henry also gives Anathema.

Come to think of it, screw this

Frederick >>>>>>>>>>>> Stahl > Kellam > Henry > Vaike

This isn't correct for non-grind but it is for min-max.

Personally I lieked Stahl x Cherche in no grind

But then again, Stahl did not have a BFF like Vaike does so....

Stahl and Vaike are annoying to use at the both time because they both want Cordelia and give Cordelia what she wants. So you're almost certainly using Cordelia if you're using them. I don't mind though because Cordelia is pretty amazing.

Stahl x Sully is such a cool pairing

and by BFF I mean one which they can't marry

Vaike has Lon'Qu AND Chrom, while.....

Donnel does not exist

Mercenary!Donnel x Tharja is amazing.

Stahl x Sully is pretty good I'm actually going to do a playthrough (not playlog) where I do that and Vaike x Cordelia.

...While also doing Panne x Avatar, Dark Mage!Miriel x Lon'qu and Chrom Sumia. It's going to be fun. Might add Donnel for lulz.

Edited by bearclaw13

2 and a half hours isn't too bad for a double post is it?

At any rate what's up with all the people giving Virion scores above like 1/10? He's just about the worst unit in the game. All of these 5-6/10s reek of bias.

Inigo and his sad poor alvailability say hi

At least Inigo can be used during his availability. Virion's bases are suck and his growths are suck. Here's how things go.

Me: I'm going to use Virion this playthrough!

Virion: You mean I get to leave the bench for once! yes!

Me: *has Virion attack someone.

Virion: "Die scoundrel" *does like 5 damage*

Enemies: "An archer with no defense! Let's kill him!" *Swarm Virion killing him*

Me: Well so much for that. Not only did Virion suck at attacking the enemies and then die. His dying slowed me down because people attacked him instead of my good units.

So Virion in his limited time (2 Chapters) actually has a negative impact on your team while Inigo can just be benched after one or even used!

Inigo > Virion.

How is Virion doing so well? Take it from someone who played the first time wanting to use him he will disappoint I mean even Lissa is better.

pair up fodder vs does not exist

i dunno man

Implying that Virion will even be pairing up. He's behind Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Vaike and Chrom as good pair up units and has the worst combat on your team. Virion won't be pairing up because we have enough pair up people.

It's "Fine" when we have plenty of "great". He's giving us absolutely nothing.

just like inigo

and giving vaike or one of the cavs extra defence early on in his forced chapters is more than whatever inigo does

Edited by General Horace

just like inigo

and giving vaike or one of the cavs extra defence early on in his forced chapters is more than whatever inigo does

The problem is Inigo can be trained into a fine unit while Virion really can't.

Virion can pair up but his combat pretty much negates that lead.

Inigo's just going to be recruited, then benched.

Also, Virion has pretty much the entire game to get somewhere, unlike Inigo. Even IF Inigo can turn out the better unit, Virion's contributions earlier on are still superior. It's like comparing Wil to Nino, in a way.

EDIT: No love for Lon'qu!Gerome? Shame.

Edited by Zeem