Need opinions on Miledy in a rebalance project.

Behind the scenes, I've been working slowly on a bit of a fe6 rebalance project. It's not quite done nor is it tested yet but one of my main concerns is that Miledy is still the most dominating force in the game. While everyone including myself love this lady to death I need some suggestions.

Relevant Information: Weapons are more accurate [such as axes], This rebalance is completely on Hard Mode and the purpose is to make everyone viable on the difficultly while still giving challenge.

Miledy and her HM bonuses, I feel she is much too powerful. My original suggestion was that she goes back to her NM bases and even then maybe lose even some of those. But I was told this is probably a bit too extreme.

[For Reference for another HM bonus character, Percival already got made into a glass cannon. Lower HP, Low Def to make him kinda like a later joining Sirius].

Any suggestions? I would show my entire 5 google documents but that would be spoiling everything else. So I can't really do that quite yet.

I'd lower her speed. All the other fliers have no trouble doubling, it'd be interesting to see one lean more towards power.

Generally, the best way to make characters worse is to reduce their base stats. I think nerfing Miledy down to NM stats is a decent fix, although if the other fliers get big boosts it might be too much.

I'd lower her speed. All the other fliers have no trouble doubling, it'd be interesting to see one lean more towards power.

Miledy has 2 less speed than Tate at base, and 10% less growth. It's not her fault that Tate a) has horrible CON (which serves no purpose, unlike FE7; I see no reason why not buff Tate's CON), and b) is like the myrmidon to Miledy's mercenary.

I think while Miledy is the best thing ever, and probably could stand to be nerfed although it would make me sad and very sad, the problem is only compounded by all of the other flyers being tools. Well, not Zeiss, but he's pretty much Miledy with slightly better bases, but he joins later.

EDIT I guess I might as well crap out some new stats that I think would work. Wow, this edit makes me look like a hypocrite.

Miledy HP 30 STR 14 SKL 14 SPD 11 LCK 8 DEF 13 RES 4 D Lances

HP 75% STR 40% SKL 40% SPD 45% LCK 25% DEF 20% RES 05%

Edited by Refa

Generally, the best way to make characters worse is to reduce their base stats. I think nerfing Miledy down to NM stats is a decent fix, although if the other fliers get big boosts it might be too much.

Miledy has 2 less speed than Tate at base, and 10% less growth. It's not her fault that Tate a) has horrible CON (which serves no purpose, unlike FE7; I see no reason why not buff Tate's CON), and b) is like the myrmidon to Miledy's mercenary.

I think while Miledy is the best thing ever, and probably could stand to be nerfed although it would make me sad and very sad, the problem is only compounded by all of the other flyers being tools. Well, not Zeiss, but he's pretty much Miledy with slightly better bases, but he joins later.

EDIT I guess I might as well crap out some new stats that I think would work. Wow, this edit makes me look like a hypocrite.

Miledy HP 30 STR 14 SKL 14 SPD 11 LCK 8 DEF 13 RES 4 D Lances

HP 75% STR 40% SKL 40% SPD 45% LCK 25% DEF 20% RES 05%

I do like the combination of your 3 ideas. It sounds like this could be going somewhere fast. Thanks for the input, Although I am a little worried about her Res being so low.. Then again look at Haar in Radiant Dawn it never stopped him haha.

I think upping Miledy's RES growth to 20% wouldn't break her or anything, especially if you go with that awful -8HP nerf I suggested.

Of course, this is assuming Pegasus Knights have much bro-er RES, because that's kind of their MO.

You're making an FE6 balance patch? But I was doing one... :(

Low enough speed to make her struggle to double the majority of enemies would be the simplest way.

Low enough speed to make her struggle to double the majority of enemies would be the simplest way.

I've been working on it for the past few months actually. You will probably do a better job then I if you are making one too. Good luck to both of us.

Thanks for the tip.

But then she'd be so bad. She already can't ORKO enemy wyverns later in the game as is, with her massive bases (well, maybe with like, a holy weapon) + great growths.

Edited by Refa

IMO you should make her a level 20 WL with capped stats in everything and the ability to move as many times in one turn as possible. She'll be so good that nobody else will be necessary, so everyone else will be equal in standing and the game will be balanced.