Are you a cheap player?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a cheap player?

usually starts from steel weaps then killer weaps, silver weps are if necessary,,

as for spells, perhaps i'll go cheap with the Thunder tome

"blood and THUNDER!!" *crits all enemy with 5 critical boost of thunder tome*

I got such a problem with using my better weapons >__< Ever since bronze weapons came out in FE:A, I just can't stop using them...

in any normal difficulty, i usually give my units weapons they are good with and a ranged weapon of sorts.

In endgame chapters, i go all out and give my units all the good stuff i have.

I'm another one of those players who tend to be rather cheap, as far as weaponry is concerned - particularly regarding weapons like the regalia in Awakening, among other games.

Yes, especially in the post-game of Sacred Stones, where everyone who can use an iron axe will use an iron axe. I really just was saving up for stat-boosters, you could imagine the joy I had when I found you could grab monster weapons.

I was and then I played FE11H5

That was my first hard mode

Right now I'm more concerned about onerounding than being cheap, most games throw you plenty of money (or in FE12's case, plenty of free silvers why /wouldn't/ you use them). If Irons can oneround, I'll use that to oneround, but I'll use silvers liberally if I need it to orko something.

I always end up too poor because I'm far too free with money.

Well, this 10k I start with could be used to buy some super awesome Killers later on...maybe...OR I COULD BUY 50 JAVELINS RIGHT NOW THE CHOICE IS OBVIOUS.

I was until Awakening. I used to hoard Silver, Brave, and legendary weapons for final chapters and used Heals instead of Mends longer than necessary.

But then I played Awakening and when I went back to play 8 I just didn't care anymore. Which is a good thing, because I like using better weapons dammit! I did feel a little uncomfortable giving Josh Marisa's Shamshir to use though

I'm very guilty, I rarely use anything above steel: special weapons are reserved for special circumstances but I rarely reaches circumstances I consider special enough to use anything higher than silvers

I was until Awakening. I used to hoard Silver, Brave, and legendary weapons for final chapters and used Heals instead of Mends longer than necessary.

But then I played Awakening and when I went back to play 8 I just didn't care anymore. Which is a good thing, because I like using better weapons dammit! I did feel a little uncomfortable giving Josh Marisa's Shamshir to use though

Well, I generally used heal staves in games besides Awakening since most of the time that would do the trick.

And while I'm more open with what I use in Awakening, I'd probably revert back to my cheap ways if I replayed a GBA FE.

Once I played games where Weight didn't matter, I stopped really caring. FE games are usually generous with cash, and I get tired of reaching penultimate chapters with enough gold to buy 10 of each silver weapon.

Edited by LunaSaint

I don't do a lot of post-gaming so it didn't really matter for me ;) But normally I use up the weapons that I have until they break, even if they're iron/other E rank stuff. Typically, though, once I get the chance to use steel weapons, I dump all the lower ranking stuff to the prepromotes, because they do well with those anyway. So I'd say I usually used steel and killer weapons, though I am very much guilty of hoarding silver and brave weapons until the final chapters. I don't skimp on Mends and elixirs, though.

No.

At least when I can afford not to be.

I typically use Steel everywhere, unless CON is hating my units, and I need Iron (until I can silver).

I use high end weapons all the freaking time.

In 4, I use Holy Weapons on the people who have them... EXCLUSIVELY. Moment you get a Holy, I sell the rest of your crap, unless your name is "Sigurd" (because Seliph need the SSS).

In Awakening, I use Braves and Celica's Gale all the time, and occasionally Helswaths, Valflames, and Gradivuses, except when I'm grinding, then it's a Javelin/Hand Axe/Random Tomes party, unless I have beaten Para 23 on that file, then I use Short Spears/Short Axes/Levin Swords/Random Tomes/Highest rank Bows.

Staves wise, Mend is my workhorse, because that gives more EXP and heals more than Heal. Except in Awakening where Physic and Fortify are my workhorses, because they're just better.

I workhorse the highest tech that I can guarantee 100% access to.

Usually this means lugging nothing mostly irons on most of my units (though in the gba/ds games i'll splurge on steels most of the time). FE4/13 this means using the best shit available. FE9/10 this typically means using just steel weapons because fully kitting in silver in those is silly.

fe5 is just different :(