Do people really go Dark Flyer for only Galeforce?

Not if you pair her with someone that gives her a magic boost, like Henry or a magic-asseted Avatar. Add that to Tomefaire (if one has the patience to slug through 15 levels of Sage for it) and she's not bad at all.

She's not Lissa, but she shouldn't be overlooked.

Or you can pair her with Frederick for the strength bonuses. It's clear which is better.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you can pair her with Frederick for the strength bonuses. It's clear which is better.

I'm glad we can agree that Frederick is worse because it ruins Sumia's ability to use magic.

I'm glad we can agree that Frederick is worse because it ruins Sumia's ability to use magic.

I'm glad we can agree that Henry is worse because it ruins Sumia's ability to use physical weapons.

I'm glad we can agree that Henry is worse because it ruins Sumia's ability to use physical weapons.

Seriously, I'd rather pair Sumia off with Frederick or something rather than wait until Valm and have to build a support with Henry from scratch.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Are there enough threads on this goddamn topic to justify a subforum yet?

Henry is a perfectly fine partner for Sumia, one of her best. In fact, it's not even mutually exclusive with a Frederick support. This might blow everyone's minds, but you can have as many A-rank supports in this game as you want; only the S-rank is exclusive.

Frederick x Tomes Using Sumia is actually pretty cool for HM >_>

Why does this anecdote matter? My Frederick x Javelin using Sumia had 80 kills in my LTC playthrough which had a total number of kills of around 260-270. That's more than a fourth of the total number of kills in my entire playthrough.

If anything Frederick HELPED Sumia uses Magic, almost as much as Chrom does

True Dual Attacks make attack redundant and unnecessary. Which is another reason for magical weapons >>> physical weapons. Always countering is great.

Why does this anecdote matter? My Frederick x Javelin using Sumia had 80 kills in my LTC playthrough which had a total number of kills of around 260-270. That's more than a fourth of the total number of kills in my entire playthrough.

So you're one PT means more than anything else?

NO ESCAPE! FIGHT!

Seriously, I'd rather pair Sumia off with Frederick or something rather than wait until Valm and have to build a support with Henry from scratch.

Damn it Henry, why do you join so late?

That said... Sumia doesn't have a lot of magically-biased supports, now does she? No, seriously, I think Henry is her only one. Hell, IS. Why is her support pool so damn limited?!

Are there enough threads on this goddamn topic to justify a subforum yet?

Henry is a perfectly fine partner for Sumia, one of her best. In fact, it's not even mutually exclusive with a Frederick support. This might blow everyone's minds, but you can have as many A-rank supports in this game as you want; only the S-rank is exclusive.

Actually... that's an amazing idea. For maps with a lot of high-resistance enemies, equip her with lances and pair her with Frederick, and then for maps with lots of low-resistance enemies, equip her with a tome and pair her with Henry.

The best of both worlds!

Damn it Henry, why do you join so late?

That said... Sumia doesn't have a lot of magically-biased supports, now does she? No, seriously, I think Henry is her only one. Hell, IS. Why is her support pool so damn limited?!

Nope - Avatar excluded, Henry's the only one.

Bold: That's what I'd like to know...

So you're one PT means more than anything else?

Nope. He offered an anecdote, so I offered mine. It means nothing.

For maps with a lot of high-resistance enemies, equip her with lances and pair her with Frederick, and then for maps with lots of low-resistance enemies, equip her with a tome and pair her with Henry.

There are no such maps in the game. Lol.

Edited by Chiki

Henry actually allows his childs to have pretty good attack too.

In fact according to the site, he is at least as good, or even better grpwth and max stats wise.

In fact Henry is generally an awesome father for everyone wanting to go mixed.

But you can still marry her to Virion if you're so worried.

Henry actually allows his childs to have pretty good attack too.

In fact according to the site, he is at least as good, or even better grpwth and max stats wise.

In fact Henry is generally an awesome father for everyone wanting to go mixed.

But you can still marry her to Virion if you're so worried.

Sumia can't marry Virion, though. She can only support with Chrom, Sully, Gaius, Henry, Frederick and the Avatar.

Okay.

Enemy resistance is almost always lower than enemy defense, Sometimes by a large margin.

Of which kind? High-resistance or low-resistance? I'm reckoning it's the former?

Well, I meant when dealing with a force of mages/dark mages/dark knights and the like.

Edited by Vashiane

Okay.

Enemy resistance is almost always lower than enemy defense, Sometimes by a large margin.

Indeed, but Sumia's has freaking 35% magic growth and a crappy magic base. What's the point? You have an S support with Frederick long before Henry even shows up. Why bother pairing her up with Henry and make her perform badly for several chapters?

Second, Frederick with a Hammer as her support partner will allow her to take out Generals regardless. Frederick with a Beast Killer for cavs. Frederick with a Silver Lance in general.

There's no rhyme nor reason to use Sumia with tomes.

Rally Move can be just as good as Rally Speed when applied properly and Galeforce >>> Lancefaire. FK's only advantage is having a little more defense.

Rally Speed is better in most situations though, and FK also gets better Strength.

That said, Sumia will have crap Strength anyways (along with overkill speed), so she doesn't really care whether she promotes into FK or DF... and that is incidentally why I feel that she makes a better Dark Flier, along with getting a good support for it through Henry.

Dark Fliers do use tomes...

I meant staves, haha/

Sumia makes a shoddy Dark Flier w/ tomes because of her shoddy magic. No one should be using tomes with Sumia.

And no, they don't. Dark Fliers make a fantastic support unit with speed pair up bonuses.

I guess the RNG didn't bless your Sumia with Magic then. Even if her growth rate for Magic is low, sometimes it can grow rather nicely. Of course, she ended up being behind because I started using the children more, but that's for something else. And also, to the bolded part: that is YOUR opinion and you shouldn't be trying to push it onto others either.

Edited by Shirley

Hee hee hee. Original Classes only. Final Destination.

As in the classes FoD/FP basically confirmed for me (again that's just my interpretation) that the branching promotions are only there just to give you options.

So basically for my characters, no one ends up Dark Knight, and the only Dark Pegasus/Flier is Inverse/Aversa.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Actually... that's an amazing idea. For maps with a lot of high-resistance enemies, equip her with lances and pair her with Frederick, and then for maps with lots of low-resistance enemies, equip her with a tome and pair her with Henry.

The best of both worlds!

I solve problems.

Indeed, but Sumia's has freaking 35% magic growth and a crappy magic base.

Not exactly a Gordian Knot, since ways to fix MAG are raining from the sky in this game. We have Dusts, tonics, and Pair-ups. Compare her growth to a badass like Miriel or Tharja, and one will note that in 20 levels of training, on average she'll be how much behind? Surely 15 or 20 points, right? Actually, it's 5.

What's the point?

There's a bunch, but having a flying magic-user partner for Henry is surely one of them.

I'm a little concerned that you consistently seem unable to grasp the "point" of things that you don't do personally.

Hee hee hee. Original Classes only. Final Destination.

As in the classes FoD/FP basically confirmed for me (again that's just my interpretation) that the branching promotions are only there just to give you options.

So basically for my characters, no one ends up Dark Knight, and the only Dark Pegasus/Flier is Inverse/Aversa.

Dark Knight is an awesome class though. It's my perma-class for Tharja.

I solve problems.

Not exactly a Gordian Knot, since ways to fix MAG are raining from the sky in this game. We have Dusts, tonics, and Pair-ups. Compare her growth to a badass like Miriel or Tharja, and one will note that in 20 levels of training, on average she'll be how much behind? Surely 15 or 20 points, right? Actually, it's 5.

There's a bunch, but having a flying magic-user partner for Henry is surely one of them.

I'm a little concerned that you consistently seem unable to grasp the "point" of things that you don't do personally.

True, since even Cordelia's magic stat can be salvageable and hers is even worse. That said, I'd never keep her in the Dark Flier class, but at least she wouldn't be completely restricted to one weapon set and be completely terribad at it.