Do people really go Dark Flyer for only Galeforce?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends.

Sumia: I prefer to keep her as Dark Flier for her final class.

Cordelia: Only Dark Flier for Galeforce: then it's straight to Mercenary.

Cynthia: Have it passed down if I'm making Cynthia physical: go through it and stay in it if I'm making her magical (if I'm doing that, I pass down Tomefaire+Lifetaker and pick up Galeforce).

Severa: Always have it passed down.

Lissa: Stay in Dark Flier: she's amazing in it. <3

Maribelle: Go through for Galeforce: I prefer to have her final class as Dark Knight for the Defense.

FeMU: I like Dark Flier FeMU, so I stay in it. ^>^

Morgan: Have it passed down.

Noire: Just for Galeforce: I have her final class a Sorcerer.

Kjelle: Just for Galeforce.

Nah: Just for Galeforce.

Lucina: Pass it down.

Olivia: Just for Galeforce: I have her final class as a Swordmaster.

Pretty much yeah.

In a no-grind run without children and not taking pair up bonuses into effect then the only two units that can promote into it have shit magic, and their strength also suffers because of the shift. It also only adds rally movement (which can be superseded by Rally Heart) and galeforce, which means that it has to be a guaranteed kill on player phase to work, which can be a challenge on harder difficulties. Falcoknight at least gets Lancefaire which imo is more worth the 15 levels by helping if their strength starts lagging and not requiring to grow a new weapon rank.

Edit: read question as 'is there a reason to go Dark Flier aside from galeforce?'

Edited by Perrfersser FerrtSperrkle

I've always wanted a magical flying class so Dark Flier is my favorite class. I don't really bother with Galeforce unless its LTC, I just go because I love having flying tomes. I just don't like the lower speed cap, and the lower speed growth when compared to Falcon Knights.

Let's just say the only characters that stayed as Dark Fliers in any my files were Sumia, Cynthia or Lissa. I find Cordelia a beast as a Hero, so I just go quick to get her Galeforce'd and then reclass her asap. As for other characters, I've yet to make a Female Avatar run, so she may end up as one. But in other cases I just get Galeforce and move out of the class. I do love Dark Flier, but it would be more dark if you could get Shadowgift (not counting Aversa nor Morgan). Anyway, I always have at least one, flying casters are useful... and pretty cool too.

• 1 month later...

So do I.

Well, for some units, I do go through Dark Flier for Galeforce, then switch back to their normal class.

For example, I make Lissa learn Galeforce, then switch back to a War Cleric. Then when Lissa gets married, Owain has Galeforce.