Top 5 Video Game Series

Fire Emblem Fan

Mine are:

1: The Super Mario series (not the RPG/Kart/Sports/Party ones, I mean the main platforming ones like World, 64, Galaxy 1/2, etc.)

2: The Zelda series

3: The Fire Emblem series

4: The Metroid series

5: The Crash Bandicoot series (I mean the original four Naughty Dog games, those were amazing, everything after was pretty good [bash, Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, Huge Adventure, N-Tranced], decent [Nitro Kart, Purple, Tag Team Racing], or bad [boom Bang, Titans, Mind Over Mutant].)

Some honorable mentions are the original Insomniac Spyro the Dragon trilogy, Super Smash Bros., Ratchet & Clank, Tekken, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, plus more.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I can pull my top 5 series off my profile page xD. Here we go

1. Sonic the Hedgehog: Been playing the series since I was 3 years old and played Sonic 2 with my Mother, while we played stuff like Contra and Mario 3 as well [which are some of my favorite games of all time still] This series has stuck through with me as one of my absolute favorites. the Thrill the Speed, the characters to an extend.

2. Ogre Battle: I got Ogre Battle 64 randomly after my cousin showed it to me on his N64, My Dad and I got it one day and we played the hell out of it. We'd later get the SNES one on the Virtual Console. We played these games back to front. Multiple times and enjoyed every minute of it.

3. Fire Emblem: I already explained my love and how I came about to this series elsewhere haha.

4. Castlevania:Platforming hack 'n slash action? Yes please. If its the classics or the metroidvanias I'm excited to see how fun it will be to rise to the top to kill Dracula once again.

5. Final Fantasy: A series I have loved since I played Final Fantasy 4, which remains my favorite, no matter how different they are from each other I just find something to love in each installment. I've played 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 13 and have enjoyed all of those. Granted I've been highly advised to play 12 by Specta and Integrity so I'll probably be looking into that at some point.

I love so many other series I could have mentioned.. KH, Disgaea, Megaman, Mario, Etc

Edited by Jedi

1. Suikoden Series.

2. Rune Factory Series

3. Ace Attorney Series

4. Fire Emblem Series

5. Chrono Series (Trigger & Cross)

Honorable Mentions

Profesor Layton Series

Disgaea Series

Shin Megami Tensei Spin-Off Series ( Persona, Devil Survivor, Raidou )

Tales of Series

Shining Force Series

Others (not in particular order)

Mana Khemia Series

Final Fantasy Series ( IX > VII:CC > VII > IV > VI > VII| > X ) I haven't play XII and XIII but I loathe Lightning for some reasons.

Wild Arms Series

and maybe some other series I forgot to mention..

Edited by Fairlee

1. TearRing Saga (not sure if this considered a series, since there's only two games for it, TRS and BS)

If I can count Ogre Battle which isn't much bigger [3] then you can count TRS for sure.

1. Ogre Battle: As in the "Battle" games, not "Tactics Ogre". Unique gameplay and multiple routes abound!

2. Langrisser: Again, I really like these games for its unique take on SRPGs. The first, Warsong, was the first SRPG released in the West!

3. Soul: If only for Yoshimitsu and Create-A-Soul. I don't like fighting games, but I like these games a lot.

4. Sonic: Raised playing it, and it was great.

5. Fire Emblem: It's a given.

I should say more about my five favorite... :XD:

Super Mario: The best platforming games ever, in my opinion. Each one has been at least pretty good. I fell in love with the series after playing Super Mario Bros. 3, then went and discovered the rest of the Mario games. It's just straight up fun, you can pick it up and play it whenever you want, it isn't complicated. And the characters are great! Super Mario Galaxy 2 has even gone on to become my current favorite video game of all time.

Zelda: Oddly enough I had heard of Zelda, but for the longest time never played it. Even thought that Link was Zelda. Then I discovered Twilight Princess (GameCube version). I loved it. After beating TP, I went back and played the original Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask on the little collection disc on the GameCube. I loved them, too (to a lesser extent with Zelda II and MM, but still). And after that I played more (Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, etc.) and each game was just so great.

Fire Emblem: I had never heard of Fire Emblem until Super Smash Bros. Melee came around, which is probably the same case for most people. After playing as Marth and Roy, I wanted to try the series. But I could never track one down. Then finally, when Shadow Dragon came out, I was able to buy it and try the series for the first time. Shadow Dragon impressed me, I enjoyed it thoroughly. After playing SD, I went and tracked down the two GBA Fire Emblem games (ya know, the ones that were officially released outside Japan) and Radiant Dawn. I thought each one was great, especially the first GBA one (which is my third favorite game of all time), the incredible depth of the characters and the deep stories really hooked me and pulled me in.

Metroid: My first Metroid game was Metroid Prime. I had a little trouble at first, just because I suck at first-person games. But eventually got the hang of it, and as I played the game and explored the environment, I loved it more and more. After Prime, I played Prime 2 and 3, then went and got Fusion and Zero Mission on the GBA. Zero Mission is what really got me hooked on the series. I absolutely loved the graphics and origin story. I also thought that the setting of the series was awesome, I like the more brooding atmosphere.

Crash Bandicoot: Oh boy, Crash Bandicoot. The first Crash game was the first video game I ever played. I loved it. I got each game in the series faithfully all through the PS1 era, and loved every single one, especially Warped (which is another one of my favorite games of all time). I got all the other games of the series too, just not at launch like the PS1 games. And while the original four Naughty Dog games are the only amazing games of the series, it has a special place in my heart.

I won't write anything about the other series I mentioned, it'd take too long! :blink:

1. The Legend of Zelda - I'm called zeldamaster456 for a reason. XP I may have not played every Zelda, but the games had such a lasting impact on me that I consider them my favorite games of all time. Well, at least The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

2. Super Mario Bros. - Holy cow, I had a lot of fun times with these games. I've been playing them since I was a first grader, with Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga being my first ever video game along with Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire and the GBA Donkey Kong Country port. Ever since them, I've played most of the Mario games for GCN, Wii, N64, etc. Such a great series of games.

3. Fire Emblem - I still can't believe how lucky I was to play these games after a lucky draw for Secret Santa fanfiction writing. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have ever found SF. Man, these games are brilliant. The music, the characters, the gameplay...all great. Definitely the best strategy games I've played.

4. Pokemon - There's just something so addictive about Pokemon. I don't feel like rambling on because it would take forever, but IMO, Hoenn's the best region by far.

5. Ace Attorney - An underrated series of games. I actually had to THINK playing them, and the results upon winning a case are worthwhile. The characters are for the most part brilliant, the soundtrack is great, and the case stories are all really good once you delve deeper into the games.

1. Legend of Zelda

2. Fire Emblem

3. Metal Gear Solid

4. Pokemon

5. Metroid

HM to Halo, Mario, Batman Arkham, Portal, Super Smash Bros. I'm not including any series that I only liked 1 or 2 game from. (Like Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy)

Edited by Knight

1. Pokemon - It's Pokemon, played the games after I got the cards. Never looked back or got tired of it. It's fun raising up six of you favorite Pokemon only to have them battle against school children for their lunch money. I also love the spinoffs that people seem to hate.

2. F-Zero - My favorite racing games series overall. Going fast and junk, blowing up Black Shadow and his Black Bull. Super fun. I love how the series came out on my birthday. As in the day I was born. Literally. You got boost power.

3. Samurai Shodown - My favorite fighting game series. Not combo driven, neat-o style and overall fun. Yep.

4. Super Mario - It's Mario, how can you not like Mario. I'm talking about the main games, spin offs, off shoots(you know, Yoshi, Wario maybe). Different playstyles and what not.

5. Touhou - It counts. Fun shmup series with a few spinoffs, a lot of characters, lousy fandom. Funsies.

Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda, Etrian Odyssey, Metal Slug, Summon Night, Starfox, Fire Emblem

Edited by EmeraldFox

Oh, easy for me. :3

1. Fire Emblem! I remember when I first heard about this series through a little GBA game booklet that came with Zelda: The Minish Cap when I first got it. The Sacred Stones was in it and I thought it looked interesting enough to pick up one day. I completely forgot about it though, and when my brother got me into playing Ike in Brawl, I looked up his game. I was like "WOW THIS SOUNDS SO AWESOME!" and had to get it asap. I fell so in love with it that it became my favorite game ever. Until I played Radiant Dawn after. XD I just love the medieval setting, the gameplay, the characters, the weapons, and the stories!

2. The Legend of Zelda. I actually interchange this one and Mario on occasion, cause sometimes I find I'm liking Mario a bit more and other times Zelda a bit more. But currently, Zelda is just a little bit ahead because of Skyward Sword. I've loved this series for years, though for a time, my love of it began to fade because I felt Mario was getting better than it and I discovered FE. But SS revived it and I still love games in the series like Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time 3D, and I'm enjoying Link's Awakening too.

3. Mario! Mainly the Galaxy games. This was the first series I ever played, I believe and I still love it to this day. The platforming gameplay is fun and so are the characters...most of the time. And best of all, Luigi! Just Luigi! <3

4. Smash Bros. I've never played the first game in this series, but Melee was addictive in its time and I loved playing as Luigi and Link! I didn't know much about FE then though, so I hardly touched Marth or Roy. But I did like the fire Roy had in his sword (I've always been a bit of a pyromaniac, like my favorite FE blue knight Frederick!). But then Brawl came along and I never touched Melee again. This one just blew me away and it had Ike, who I fell in love with. <3

5. Pokemon. I missed out on Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver because only my stepbrothers were ever given copies for some reason. All I got to play of Pokemon was Snap and Stadium 2 back then (and they were fun). But finally, later on, I got my own copies of the GBA games and Diamond and Pearl and I really liked them! Well, except Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I didn't like them much at all. Then Platinum and gen 5 came around and were awesome. ^^

Actually, if Atari would make Roller Coaster Tycoon 4, I'd probably be ranking that series above Pokemon or equal to it.

Edited by Anacybele

Anyone that has said or will say Call of Duty deserves to be shot

In no particular order:

1. The Legend of Zelda

2. Pokemon

3. Super Smash Bros

4. Mario

5. Fire Emblem

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Castlevania

Monster Hunter

Crash Bandicoot (the old PS1 games)

Shin Megami Tensei

Metroid

Kirby

Starfox

Edited by Karaszure

1. Atelier

2. FE

3. Zelda

4. Final Fantasy

5. Super Smash Bros.

Honorable mention to F-Zero, Tales, Pokemon, Castlevania, Zelda, Kirby, Mario, Megaman X, and Megaman Classic.

Edited by Levant Fortner

1. Legend of Zelda: getting a bit stale, but hopefully that will change

2. Fire Emblem: of course

3t. Metroid: it's Metroid

3t. Mario: it's Mario

5. Pokemon: not just the actual cartridges, but also for online battles on Shoddybattle and the like