The Next Ylisse game

Jotari

Anything with the children would be tough to do without making canon parings, especially for Chrom since any of his pairings results in Lucina having a sibling. Uness maiden is made canon lol And that, we can all agree, would send fans into fits.

Maybe they could have you decide the pairings before the game starts? (For example the game could ask you if you played awakening, and if you said no it would just do random pairings, but if you said yes you would decide which pairings happened.) For Morgan and her sibling (if she has one) you would customize the Avatar from the previous game before it starts to determine their cap modifiers and Morgan's sibling's hair color. (Of course if you chose to use Female MU Morgan would either have no sibling, or it would be Lucina who's hair color would not be customizable.)

Edited by Zelos

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Fire Emblem : The Musical : Aux Champs Ylisee really sounds great.

Medeus, Grima, and Loptyr could have a song where they sing about how hard it is being evil.

Does anyone have any more ideas/opinions on the original topic?

Legitimately though, a side story about Basilio between his "death" and when he comes back could be interesting. Also, an easy sequel could go with Chrom dealing the final blow and pick up 1,000 years later with Chrom and Avatar as the legendary heroes.

Anything with the children would be tough to do without making canon parings, especially for Chrom since any of his pairings results in Lucina having a sibling. Uness maiden is made canon lol And that, we can all agree, would send fans into fits.

There once was a game called "Thracia 776".

There once was a game called "Thracia 776".

Haven't played any before 6. Were previously unofficial pairings made canon? If so then I guess it could work again...

Haven't played any before 6. Were previously unofficial pairings made canon? If so then I guess it could work again...

Well, there is one that was unquestionably made canon. And depending on who you ask, the number could be two, but that's a very foggy field...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, there is one that was unquestionably made canon. And depending on who you ask, the number could be two, but that's a very foggy field...

Actually I guess the only one that would really need to be confirmed is Chrom's wife if Morgan was left out, which I could see happening if only for the sake of simplifying things for the developers. The other kids could just keep their mothers' hair colour and never reference their fathers :P

Ced wields Forseti which is only possible if Lewyn/Fury.

...It also confirmed Raquesis is a village bike. (Err not really. It confirms Raquesis did sleep around though. She married Finn (having Nanna) but she did have Delmud with Beowulf.)

Also it confirmed Leif/Nanna.

None of those parings were set in any kind of stone in Genealogy (and out of them: only Lewyn/Fury has any real ground in FE4. (Auto Love conversation)), and the Beo/Raquesis/Finn thing isn't even possible in game.

Awakening has pretty much confirmed LeafXNanna too meaning they aren't afraid to make official couples. Considering Sumia got a full motion cutscene with Chrom they could easily make her the canon pairing.

Awakening has pretty much confirmed LeafXNanna too meaning they aren't afraid to make official couples. Considering Sumia got a full motion cutscene with Chrom they could easily make her the canon pairing.

Awakening fanservice Legacy Characters DLC for justification is stupid. (IMHO)

Considering you have Julia x Seliph for wincest, and Eliwood x Lyn because Ninian couldn't get a non-Olivia dancer model. However Roy does not address Lyn as mother in any of it.

And I know the latter is really a "hey, that's arguable"... but meh.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The point is they're not afraid to displease a few fans by confirming things.

With other media, that statement is fine. Using the Awakening DLC however, to "confirm things" does absolutely nothing.

Maybe they could have you decide the pairings before the game starts? (For example the game could ask you if you played awakening, and if you said no it would just do random pairings, but if you said yes you would decide which pairings happened.) For Morgan and her sibling (if she has one) you would customize the Avatar from the previous game before it starts to determine their cap modifiers and Morgan's sibling's hair color. (Of course if you chose to use Female MU Morgan would either have no sibling, or it would be Lucina who's hair color would not be customizable.)

If FE14 isn't gonna simply introduce "canon" pairings, my preferred solution would be for FE14 to have an option to read the Streetpass data on your SD card to determine which pairings you chose. Seems like it could be coding (and writing) hell, although IMO the bigger problem would be that the conversations would most likely turn out to be just as generic as the parent-child support conversations in FE13.

I agree on this. Though instead of less weathered, it more looks like that the sea-level dropped. This is even noticeable between Valentia and Valm, especially on the northern area of the continent.

Well, Hatari was still on the Tellian landmass, so I wouldn't say if it can really count. At least not as a new continent.

The Tellius games did state that everything else but Tellius was flooded - maybe the flood merely isolated an extremely large landmass into separate "continents," and floodwaters are still receding (slowly). That would also explain why Ylisse might look like Archanea/Akaneia with a lower sea-level.

EDIT - Landmasses too different, better theory below in spoiler tags.

Regardless, if Chrom and friends keep on referring to Magvellian lore and Jugdrali legends, I can only assume that all the various games take place in the same world.

I always thought that the Outrealm Gate connected parallel realities, not separate worlds (well, maybe both).

[spoiler=Semi- off-topic theories]

Hmm, looking at the actual maps of Ylisse and Archanea, I get the impression that while sea-levels may or may not have dropped, landmasses certainly did a lot of moving around.

Even more apparent looking at Valm and Valentia, IMO (all 4 links are images).

My best explanation is that when Grima made his first appearance, he ravaged the world to such an extent that the landmasses themselves were changed - what a badass, huh?

(Sort of like Middle-earth's War of Wrath, which destroyed and sunk Beleriand (basically, the entire northwestern part of Middle-earth - link is an image), or a less dramatic Golden Sun event from the eponymous series of games.)

My apologies if someone already posted this theory; if they did, I must've missed it.

EDIT: I just remembered that this isn't about shifts in landmasses - I've hidden my theories in spoiler tags (not sure if that helps). That's what happens when I post at 3:00 AM.

Maybe that would be better off in a new topic.

EDIT#2: Yeah, probably better in a new topic, I'm actually interested in discussion about a new Ylisse game, and don't want to de-rail this topic. Sorry about that.

Edited by Euklyd

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd like to leave Ylisse/Akaneia alone for a bit.

I forsee either remakes with the MU function (because that is a goddamn licence to print money apparently), an entirely new setting or another 1000 year timeskip for Ylisse/Akaneia.

That said, I have a sneaking suspicion/hope that we're going to see a Blazing Sword remake with the role of the tactician being expanded upon.

I'd rather live having that "image" of her voice.

Even if she'd have a Japanese voice actress... a localized game will mean a dub. I'd rather not have a disappointment like I did with Olivia.

I really wonder if they will continue this waifu trend in whatever FE game comes next. How will they top the hype from this game's cast? Will next game's story be more solid than Awakening's? Will DLC costs round out to double the game's cost again?

Will DLC costs round out to double the game's cost again?

That's without the packs. So only Japanese copy importers for Awakening were forced to buy DLC at double the price of the game in total if you get them all... and you were also forced to buy Champions of Yore in order.

another 1000 year timeskip for Ylisse/Akaneia

The Future of Despair/Future Past set left a pretty big opening for this sort of thing; Grima wasn't killed off and the children get called the twelve heroes (or something similar). That's every Fire Emblem backstory ever.

Edited by Alg

The Future of Despair/Future Past set left a pretty big opening for this sort of thing; Grima wasn't killed off and the children get called the twelve heroes (or something similar). That's every Fire Emblem backstory ever.

Basing a sequel on DLC would be kind of lame, even if the Future of Despair DLC was really good.

• 2 weeks later...

It still had characters from Marth's time (like Tiki) and Marth had a lot of mentions and three different playable versions as well as a character disguise. I'm just sick of Marth is all. I get that he's like the mascot and everything, but even he and his world need a break sometimes.

In fact, Ylisse not being a whole new universe and Marth yet again getting a lot of attention is probably why Awakening doesn't surpass or equal RD on my favorites list.

Id adore an up to date game with Marth as would many other friends who have been dragged into the series by awakening. You've just played too long :P

• 3 weeks later...

When I finished FE: Awakening, the only ending I questioned was Morgans. I may be overthinking this, but the game tells us that "scholars speculate that he or she may have come from a different future." Why do they think that? Could this game be like FE: Blazing Sword where Eliwood, Hector, Lyn and Athos stop one evil from happening but saved an even greater evil? Was Morgan sent back from the new future as a warning for another evil to come, but wasn't able to tell the avatar unit? I would love to see a sequel to Awakening because I loved the characters.

If not a sequel to FE: Awakening, how about a prequel to FE: Path of Radiance? I've always wanted to hear more story about Greil, Elena and Zelgius.

If it's a future game, it's kinda pointless since all the kids will be main characters and that was already a big part of Awakening.

A PREQUEL W/ CHROM'S FATHER SEEMS COOL.

But there's really no happy ending other than Emmeryn having to take the role of exalt at such a young age.