94 members have voted

1. 1. Which Morgan?

• Second Generation
    • Third Generation

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with soc on this. I married Laurent and Lucina on two separate playthroughs. Felt ... odd. (BUT SUPPORTS HNNNNGH)

Second gen because the way I play there's 2 scenarios:

1) Support Library files. This is where I marry my favourite characters regardless of stats etc. In which case I go for Basilio and Flavia.

2) All non-support Library runs are no-grind until I beat Grima. Children aren't likely to exist (and the only Gen2 I'd even think about S-ranking is Gerome who never exists in my files until postgame). On female runs I do Chromatar to make superLucina. I haven't done a non-supportlib male run, but if I did I'd go for Sully or Panne since they're usually my MVPs and also my faves. It would go completely against my playstyle to marry a gen2. Also I'd have 2 morgans instead of 1.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Gen 2 is more practical if I'm playing efficiently at all. But for my super grindy support-unlocking file, I unlocked all of supports with the kids and didn't have any problem marrying any of those characters at all. =/

Edited by Sublime Manic

3rd generation is nice if you want to have a paired up team solo the second half of the game or something (Hey-lo 60+ defense before bonuses), but 2nd generation allows for 2 Morgans, which is almost twice as awesome.

Third Gen. Morgans might be awesome, but they're pretty impractical due to how late they show up, I'm afraid. Still, having one is pretty fun.

Second gen. Two reasons.

1. As others stated, it would feel odd for me to have my Avatar marry any of the kids.

2. Frederick. I love him way too much to marry Kelli to anyone else in future playthroughs. Freddy Bear <3

Edited by Anacybele

I married Lucina in my first male file, and I married Inigo in my most recent playthrough. I'm considering marrying Laurent or Brady for my first Lunatic+ file (if I get the patience to finish vanilla Lunatic). I regret nothing.

Olivia!Morgan is the best Morgan.

Seriously. Best sage I've ever had, holy crap. And when she isn't blowing things up, RALLY SPECTRUM.

EDIT: Cynthia!Morgan is crazy good, too, but I didn't recruit her until Chapter 20, or sometime around then. Pretty lame, but her stats were ridiculously high.

Edited by Zeem

You remind me that I need to make a playthrough that married Freddy

Nice job

>_>

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone... xP

Third gen Morgan is superior in terms of stats, downside is that it's only possible to get one of 'em, Second gen Morgan means the possibility of having two.

So i'd say it's about 50/50, but my lack of conscience tips me towards 3rd Gen MEGA MORGAN.

I married Lucina in my first file, and then doing a draft where my Avatar married Chrom felt so awkward.

So I guess I'm just the opposite of most of you. :P

While I won't likely be marrying the second Gen girls in a male file because the first Gen ladies appeal to me more, I don't... actually have an issue marrying the second Gen guys. The way I see it, male Morgan will only get a sibling if MU marries Chrom, which ain't gonna happen. Might as well make the one kid I get broken enough to wreck shit up and boggle Streetpassers.

... Just don't ask me who Owain and Gerome's fathers were on those respective files. Complete coincidences, I swear.

Edited by Perlia

3rd All the Way.

Considering I kinda still follow the pre-NA release "Meta" (Ahem, 3rd gen morg, Vaike!Gerome (Never again, will I abandon this. That +STR.), LQ!Severa (Dat SPD), etc.) and really, really don't like the new meta, yeah.

My first run had me marry Lucina, which honestly, out of all of MaMU's marriages, seems the most "natural". (Also, the massive plot hole caused by Morgan with a Sibling is a MAJOR turn off to me. Causing massive plotholes is just wrong.)

Subsequent runs were all over the place.

..the couple runs where I had Second Gen Morgs, I felt exceptionally weak for whatever reason. Then again, I'd much rather have 1 Godly unit over 2 Great Units.

Also, the enemy streetpass teams that I've fought with second gen Morgans were almost strictly inferior to ones with thirds (save for Vince (Dark Repulser), because he knew how to put a team together).

Edited by Airship Canon

2nd Gen Morgan all the way. As said before, marrying 2nd gen characters feels wrong (Even though I'm planning on marrying Lucina and Severa on my next runs). So I tend to marry the Avatar with 1st Gen women. Namely Tharja/Cordelia/Cherche.

I've yet to start a Breed Emblem: Engineering playthrough, so I basically don't care about genetics and game-breaking 3rd Gen manakete-morgans. But someday I'll give it a try.

Hope the 3DS screen can take it.

Edit: Typos

Edited by Aethel

Second Generation by far, even if the resulting marriage doesn't result in Morgan and a sibling. After all, Morgan can be balls good, no matter what you do with him/her.

I do however have a support library to fill, so I will have married all the second gens, eventually.

Gameplay-wise, 3rd gen are probably better, as they have more inheritance options and generally better stats. This does mean siblings aren't an option, so on the bigger scheme of things 2nd gen may be the way to go. That, and marrying a 2nd gen character feels weird.

Gameplay-wise, 3rd gen are probably better, as they have more inheritance options and generally better stats. This does mean siblings aren't an option, so on the bigger scheme of things 2nd gen may be the way to go. That, and marrying a 2nd gen character feels weird.

gameplay-wise, 2>1, so not really

2nd Gen. That way my Avatar can marry my favorite Gen 1 female (Cordelia), and be the father of my favorite Gen 2 character (Severa) as well as Morgan's father. Plus it just feels wrong to marry a Gen 2 character.

Edited by Kamina

My third generation Morgan was insane my last playthrough. Her mother was Lucina and hot damn I love Aether! In my current playthrough I am maximizing Galeforce distribution so I married Nowi. Her and Nah can kill anything.