SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

July1stSmash4update_zps2b291432.jpg

UMA News 6: Is the Yellow Devil a stage hazard? Or the newest ability of Kirby? Or maybe...the next playable character?!

Totally my picture, not stolen from ANYONE.

Edited by Refa

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the picture Roofa. :P:

So what does everyone think. Boss or a Wily Castle Stage Hazard? [i couldn't sleep tonight so I waited for the update for smash...]

Edited by Jedi

Thanks for posting the picture Roofa. :P:

So what does everyone think. Boss or a Wily Castle Stage Hazard? [i couldn't sleep tonight so I waited for the update for smash...]

I'm hoping it's a stage hazard, thinking it's a boss.

I'm one of those rare breeds who loves the living hell out of chaotic stages.

Edited by Vashiane

I think he's a trophy, his attacks seem assist trophy like. I beat Mega Man a few days ago, and man, Yellow Devil is as hard as F***.

I think he's a trophy, his attacks seem assist trophy like. I beat Mega Man a few days ago, and man, Yellow Devil is as hard as F***.

If he was a trophy. why in megaman's trailer did he appear from nowhere and not from a trophy.

Yeah, It's probably an assist trophy. The summoning part of the item was probably removed for cinematic reasons.

Is there a time we're supposed to get another update? It feels like forever since we've gotten anything.

inb4"patience"

Just think of what that villager could do once he gets a smash ball. Super Stare.

Is there a time we're supposed to get another update? It feels like forever since we've gotten anything.

inb4"patience"

Well Smash fans will froth over and dissect every meaningless picture that has Sakurai's mailing address on it, so they probably don't feel the pressing need to reveal anything of actual substance. God, this is worse than when Square made an announcement for the trailer for a teaser trailer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=1

On the topic of the roster, Sakurai noted that the 3DS version of the game, with its hardware’s technical limitations, would likely keep the volume of the roster in check, though no characters had been cut so far, and any determination to that effect is a ways away. Which characters ultimately are included will be the result of careful consideration, ranging from which fighters have unique characteristics, equally representing franchises and how signature traits carry over well from previous games like Brawl. Sakurai did tell me that “multiple character” combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving a technical challenge on the 3DS.

Nothing new there.

We could already imply that characters weren't going to get cut unless they ran out of time.

Still a really neat article though.

What I'm fairly certain they do when it comes to developing characters is they make a list of all the ones that they want to include, and then work on them through a priority list, with bigger Nintendo names being higher priority. The list takes "Which characters ultimately are included will be the result of careful consideration, ranging from which fighters have unique characteristics, equally representing franchises and how signature traits carry over well from previous games like Brawl." into consideration. They if they make cuts, they again use those traits to decide which characters get cut.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Nothing new there.

We could already imply that characters weren't going to get cut unless they ran out of time.

Still a really neat article though.

Well still I find the prospect that currently all of Brawl's people are planned on being there currently nice though. Even if we do get some cuts later we know that he is at least trying to keep everyone

Well still I find the prospect that currently all of Brawl's people are planned on being there currently nice though. Even if we do get some cuts later we know that he is at least trying to keep everyone

Yeah, it is reassuring. But it's also not unexpected. Everyone from Melee, except for Pichu (who was put in for the purpose of being a bad character) and Young Link (who became Toon Link) were planned to be in Brawl.

Those two, alongside Smash 64's Ness (who was planned to get replaced by Lucas in Melee), are the only characters that were planned to get cut from the beginning of the game's development.

Though if the 3DS is keeping the roster size in check, I do have to wonder how many characters we'll get. If everyone from Brawl stays, we're at 42 already. I can't imagine getting more than 50.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

If no one's been cut so far, then that means Ike has a big chance to stay! I pray that he's still there when the games are finished. <3

Speaking of Fire Emblem. Our new pic of today is on Arena Ferox on the 3DS

4thofJulySmash4Update_zps36098350.jpg

@Dingo the pic will change if you just link the daily one fyi