SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Awesome. :D

My guess is that besides trophies and stages, we'll also see different music, different stickers, and maybe even differences in the adventure mode, like the levels used.

The event matches and other unlockables could differ as well, including the masterpiece demos. Handheld demos on 3DS, home console demos on Wii U.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be patient, you guys. Sakurai can't announce new shit EVERY day. Or hell, even every week.

@ Ana: I guess I misunderstood you about Keldeo. ~3~ My bad.

Except stickers probably won't be in the game, as without SSE there's really no reason for them to exist.

Actually, there IS reason to believe that stickers might be coming back without the extended Adventure mode-- Sakurai HAS talked about how the 3DS version will allow for more customization than previous Smash titles have, and the sticker system from Brawl was actually a really cool implementation IMO. So long as certain stickers are easier to come by, I'd welcome that, personally.

That aside, they make for a fun collectible, so even if the sticker-customization thing doesn't exist anymore it's no reason not to bring them back.

Actually though, the Masterpieces are something I wouldn't mind giving a pass to, personally.

I'd rather see them implement shooter minigames like a more in-depth version of Melee's endcredits or something, haha.

Edited by BANRYU

One of my favorite Brawl features is the stage builder! I really really REALLY want Sakurai to improve it though. I'd love it if we could make a really mixed up looking stage that has stuff from Mario, like pipes and question mark blocks, stuff from Zelda like Goddess Cubes and all that, and FE goodies like castle/fort walls. That would look SO crazy. XD

Edited by Anacybele

One of my favorite Brawl features is the stage builder! I really really REALLY want Sakurai to improve it though. I'd love it if we could make a really mixed up looking stage that has stuff from Mario, like pipes and question mark blocks, stuff from Zelda like Goddess Cubes and all that, and FE goodies like castle/fort walls. That would look SO crazy. XD

90% of the stages I created just involved spikes and springs. Good times.

Errmerrgerrsh yes

Stage Builder in Brawl was a good start, but WAY underdeveloped rom what it could have been. I had to use a hack to make half the stages I wanted to make the way I wanted to make them. ~3~ TBH I think the biggest thing it needs is the ability to set spawns; not being able to make a closed arena for Stamina matches sucks.

EDIT: So I think I may have asked this before (I forget), but what kind of stages do you guys want to see in the next game?

Edited by BANRYU

c0db334b2b4ae378b7fd1db634c88605.png

Pic of the day. Here's a giant attack item, the Ore Club! It's made of minerals mined on the mountain of the gods. This bulky weapon can even unleash tornadoes.

The stage is also the Palutena's Temple arena on the Wii U (aka the stage that's forcing me to buy the wii u version)

Item seems similar to the Star Rod.

Edited by Athena

How funny the pic involves my two characters I want to main in this smash.

(Sonic I was told wasn't my style by my best friend because I lack the mind games to pull him off) and Pit I was eh on until I played Uprising.

Nice to see the Ore Club. I'm still hoping Pit has the claws in some way or another in his move set.

It's possible Sonic's moveset in this game will be good different enough that major mindgames would be required any more than they would be for any other character. Even if you don't 'have' the mindgames for it, you can always learn them; don't give up on maining somebody for reasons like that, eh?

I always think it's important to main characters that you like.

which was what I always said when people got mad at me for maining Meta Knight in Brawl OTL...

Sauron, is that you?

Anyway, Banryu, I personally think everyone has a character theyre better with and they shouldnt force themselves to learn a character if they dont feel right using that character. 5 years playing Brawl competitively and I only "click" (can react to bad situations, can do everything fluidly and ridiculously fast) with Toon Link and Marth, despite trying to pick up other characters. Sure, I can use Pikachu Metaknight Peach and some others well enough, but not enough to feel confident.

I suppose that's true to an extent; I've never quite been able to get the feel of Marth, myself. But, I don't think just because a character doesn't come naturally to you right away, it doesn't mean you can't learn if you really want to. I've done a bit of that with Kirby and Pokemon Trainer in Brawl.

Edited by BANRYU

I kinda agree with Banryu. I start off a game by picking a character I like (In Melee, this was Peach. Brawl was Peach as well). I adapted myself to how Peach played so that I could use her as a serious contender with my friends. It took forever to use Parasol and Toad sparingly and to throw out the C-stick whenever, but it was a lot of fun and I have no regrets about playing a character I like.

It's why in Smash4, I'm forcing myself to use Rosalina and Luma no matter how steep of a learning curve they have.

"a Sauron"...

[Wild Sauron appeared!]

You do realize that I've never played a Kid Icarus game, right? There's no need to make fun of me. :/

Anyway, yeah, I agree with Athena and Banryu. Some characters will just take time to learn depending on the player. It took me awhile to learn Ike because I was used to using fairly fast middleweight characters like Link and Luigi. I'd never seriously used slow heavyweights before. Eventually, I became one of the best Ike players among the group of people I played online with.

See characters who clicked for me were Mario, Link, Lucario, Peach, Ike, Roy (and later Marth) Falco

Among others but Sonic I felt a flow with I just can't trick people with him. And Pit I've only used on occasion so I have some learning to do

Edited by Jedisupersorry

I don't play competitively and suck at fighting games anyway so I only really use characters I like the most like Luigi

Or anyone with a sword

You do realize that I've never played a Kid Icarus game, right? There's no need to make fun of me. :/

the joke was that the Ore Club eye thingy resembles Sauron from Lord of The Rings Edited by Tonton

Is it possible that the Ore Club was based off of Sauron/LOTR to begin with? I wouldn't be surprised, given the stark resemblance.

I clicked with Lucario, Falco, and Marth in brawl. And I like Pika but I never bothered to get good with him, so...

the joke was that the Ore Club eye thingy resembles Sauron from Lord of The Rings

Oh. Well, I never knew much about LotR either. XP

Edited by Anacybele

Is it possible that the Ore Club was based off of Sauron/LOTR to begin with? I wouldn't be surprised, given the stark resemblance.

Just because something is menacing and has an Eye doesn't mean its a reference to Sauron. There are a lot of things out there, who knows it may be but I don't see it myself as the Tolkien fanboy I am.

It would be similar to if someone said anything that's called Rose Whip or is a thorny plant like whip is obviously referring to Yu Yu Hakusho, sure I'd make reference to it because that's how I am but I doubt it was to rip off or obvious reference. Its a vague reference that people seem to be going to is where I'm going with this.

Edited by Jedisupersorry

for some reason, I want to see Arthur in all his glorious pantsedness.

Project X Zone and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is that way! But in seriousness I could see him work in smash, I doubt he'd be second in line for capcom if they somehow got a second. This is Nintendo all stars after all. I'd say more then 4 or 5 3rd partners is pushing it.

Oh no, if you took this as me making fun of you, I'm sorry. That was not my intent. I probably could have worded that better.