SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ike being back is pretty cool. Now that all the endless debates about Ike every few pages have been settled, we can move on to more important things, like endless debates about Chrom/Lucina/Avatar/Roy/Batta the Beast every few pages!

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like six years of beating up scrubs online has turned Ike really buff. And just as Brawl's servers go down, he comes over to teach a new generation of Smash players to fear online lag. Ike can be such a jerk sometimes.

On another note: He... is... BACK! Take that, me! YESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!! :D: :D: :D:

Edited by BrightBow

I admit I had my doubts, but it's great to see more veterans coming back. Nice they went with his FE10 design too.

Ana I think it's time you got a new avatar.

Way ahead of ya! Already planning on it as soon as I get back from work later. ^^

Also, I just realized two things:

1. That last Ike dream I had WAS telling me that his announcement was near! I only had the dream last week!

2. None of Ike's screenshots show him using Eruption, I think. Could this mean...? :D

screen-10.jpg

Remember, as badass as Ike is, even he pales in comparison to the unstoppable might of "Random Balloon Fight Fish". Ike can kill gods, but no one can kill... THE FISH!!!

So now the question is who's next? Hahaha. Ike was one of my favs in Brawl. One of the few power characters I've ever used in a fighter too

Ignoring that this is Kotaku, it's not like people over here didn't make jokes about Ike's steroid abuse. And still do.

It would make sense during the game's release but only making fun of it now is just a bit...I don't know, slow?

Edited by kingddd

Yay for Ike! Pleasantly surprised to see him back.

Now I'm just waiting for an Awakening representative; at this point I don't really care who it is, I just want to have a third FE character from the game that saved the series. Sakurai pls!

Man, this is getting me so hyped for E3! ^_^

Pff, ignore those silly Japanese, Sakurai picked the better design! Not only is RD Ike stupidly sexy, he fits better with his whole slow but powerful thing. ^^

And people who think RD Ike looks like a gorilla or he's on steroids need to go look at some pro wrestlers and dudes on body building magazines.

Pff, ignore those silly Japanese, Sakurai picked the better design! Not only is RD Ike stupidly sexy, he fits better with his whole slow but powerful thing. ^^

And people who think RD Ike looks like a gorilla or he's on steroids need to go look at some pro wrestlers and dudes on body building magazines.

I'd be careful with saying things like the bolded.

I say a better thing is to simply ignore this type of articles from Kotaku. They're obvious clickbait, and make the situation look a lot worse than it really is, taking selected comments that don't reflect the fanbase as a whole. They did the exact same thing when Greninja got confirmed.

Ike's back? I am okay with this. He's my sister's and my main in Brawl, after all.

Ike's Radiant Dawn design? Well, damn if they didn't make it look really freaking good. I am a-okay with this.

I guess I'm the only one who isn't happy about Ike's return. xD

I think that Sakurai needs to think about how to represent the FE series as a whole in the future. Imagine him adding Chrom/Lucina now. What will happen in the next Smash? He's already said that the roster won't get much bigger. We can't just go on adding the most recent lord over and over again without eventually cutting someone.

With that in mind, I don't think that Ike (and Roy as well) deserve priority over all the other lords (except for Marth). Let's represent the series with Anna and a generic Tactician instead (alongside Marth of course).

...Let the rageposts begin.

http://kotaku.com/ike-joins-super-smash-bros-gets-compared-to-a-gorilla-1580543165

heh a lot of people in Japan are complaining about the design like they never played or seen Radiant Dawn.

It's almost as though RD sold like shit in Japan. Below even Thracia 776!

Huh, maybe those lots of people in Japan didn't buy or play the game.

With that in mind, I don't think that Ike (and Roy as well) deserve priority over all the other lords (except for Marth). Let's represent the series with Anna and a generic Tactician instead (alongside Marth of course).

Yes, why would we want to represent Fire Emblem with the second most important Lord in the franchise when instead we can represent it with the franchise's equivalent of Toad and a generic self-insert character who not everybody likes?

Yes, why would we want to represent Fire Emblem with the second most important Lord in the franchise when instead we can represent it with the franchise's equivalent of Toad and a generic self-insert character who not everybody likes?

pretty much this.

also ike isn't popular with japan's fire emblem fandom, but super popular with the smash brothers fandom over there.

I'd be careful with saying things like the bolded.

I say a better thing is to simply ignore this type of articles from Kotaku. They're obvious clickbait, and make the situation look a lot worse than it really is, taking selected comments that don't reflect the fanbase as a whole. They did the exact same thing when Greninja got confirmed.

But the word silly isn't exactly offensive. xP

Besides, I could have said something a lot worse. I thought before posting that. :P

HOLY FUCKING CRUSADER OF THE SUNGLASSES

FINALLY IKE

If only you had saw me, I was so excited, it was the OTOKO NO NERDGASM. AWYEAH

Edited by Finn

I'm glad they switched to his Radiant Dawn model. It fits much better with the slow and heavy style he fights with in Smash.