SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bara Ike.

Meh.

Even if I was still wanting him in, I'm pretty much the opinion of those Japanese players that never even heard of Radiant Dawn.

I really don't care that I know he's good at what he does in RD, it's the impression that he gives off.

Technique over strength any day.

Bara Flamingo Mark/Morgan will always be better.

tumblr_mxw3x9BxAi1qi37uho1_500.jpg

Hopefully his FE9/Brawl JP voice actor will still be there.

JP 3DS version it is.

Edit:

rd ike is cool, if they don't include ver-fe13 robot ike as a skin i'll be mad

also

8XAK9.png

Bwahahahahahaha.

Also, when I first heard about it late at night, instead of hearing it in a voice call "Ike is confirmed", I heard "Aigis confirmed".

I was confused.

I didn't think Persona was going to be in. xD

Edited by shadowofchaos

Okay, why is it saying I can't comment on Sakurai's post when other users have? Is it because I'm on my phone?

Sakurai's post has probably hit the limit to how many people are allowed to comment on it.

EDIT: Looks like you can still go over to the Japanese Miiverse and comment over there.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

You have to obviously post in Japanese after that limit has been reached.

I'm sorry... I can't get over this.

tumblr_n61d3uC7dh1rmzb08o2_1280.png

My reaction is still this:

tumblr_inline_n61d2mI5vw1rb9mmp.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos

You have to obviously post in Japanese after that limit has been reached.

I'm sorry... I can't get over this.

My reaction is still this:

The japanese website at least connects to the Radiant Dawn official website.

Pretty silly considering there is this website:

http://fireemblem.gameboy.com/

I guess I'm the only one who isn't happy about Ike's return. xD

I think that Sakurai needs to think about how to represent the FE series as a whole in the future. Imagine him adding Chrom/Lucina now. What will happen in the next Smash? He's already said that the roster won't get much bigger. We can't just go on adding the most recent lord over and over again without eventually cutting someone.

With that in mind, I don't think that Ike (and Roy as well) deserve priority over all the other lords (except for Marth). Let's represent the series with Anna and a generic Tactician instead (alongside Marth of course).

...Let the rageposts begin.

First of all, calm the fuck down, there's still a good chance that Chrom or Lucina will be in as well. No one said there had to be only two Fire Emblem characters. Second of all, 'representing the FE series as a whole in the future'? Are you kidding me? In terms of timelessness, Ike is easily the best choice for that after Marth, unless you want to add someone like Seliph or some shit. Awakening was a benchmark in the FE series in terms of sales ONLY, its cheap lastability isn't going to endure except with those whose first FE game it was, and who are sentimental about it. Incidentally, I think that's why Chrom or Lucina still WILL be in, to help reel in all the new Waifu Simulator players, but the fact that they're new HARDLY makes them as timeless as even Ike is.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll return to my vow of silence now that I've laid that nonsense to rest.

Yes, why would we want to represent Fire Emblem with the second most important Lord in the franchise when instead we can represent it with the franchise's equivalent of Toad and a generic self-insert character who not everybody likes?

^

Sakurai's post has probably hit the limit to how many people are allowed to comment on it.

EDIT: Looks like you can still go over to the Japanese Miiverse and comment over there.

Ugh, well that's total bull. -_-

Nobody would understand me in the Japanese community since I don't know a word of Japanese.

First of all, calm the fuck down, there's still a good chance that Chrom or Lucina will be in as well. No one said there had to be only two Fire Emblem characters. Second of all, 'representing the FE series as a whole in the future'? Are you kidding me? In terms of timelessness, Ike is easily the best choice for that after Marth, unless you want to add someone like Seliph or some shit. Awakening was a benchmark in the FE series in terms of sales ONLY, its cheap lastability isn't going to endure except with those whose first FE game it was, and who are sentimental about it. Incidentally, I think that's why Chrom or Lucina still WILL be in, to help reel in all the new Waifu Simulator players, but the fact that they're new HARDLY makes them as timeless as even Ike is.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll return to my vow of silence now that I've laid that nonsense to rest.

I'm pretty sure they were fairly calm. You are the one who seems not calm right now, lol.

I'm just imagining how it will be when the next Smash is released in a generation. "Who's that Ike-guy? ...Aah, right. He's had two games a decade ago.". It's even worse for Roy, who many people want to return. And it would be the same for Chrom/Lucina.

While Anna will still do the tutorials and secret shops for every future Fire Emblem and everyone who played just a single FE will recognize her.

And the tactician? We already had a self-insert in FE12 as far as I know. It very well may be that IS will stick to that. And as "the tactician", he would impersonate the strategic nature of the series. That's more importance than Ike will ever have.

I guess my criteria for viable characters are just weird. It's unlikely that I'll convince anyone here, so I'll probably stop at this point.

First of all, calm the fuck down, there's still a good chance that Chrom or Lucina will be in as well. No one said there had to be only two Fire Emblem characters.

I'm pretty calm right now. Did my post make an upset impression? I apologize if that's the case.
And I do acknowledge Chroms and Lucinas chance at getting a playable spot. I'm expecting an Awakening character to be in. I don't want either. More oneshots.

I'm just imagining how it will be when the next Smash is released in a generation. "Who's that Ike-guy? ...Aah, right. He's had two games a decade ago.". It's even worse for Roy, who many people want to return. And it would be the same for Chrom/Lucina.

While Anna will still do the tutorials and secret shops for every future Fire Emblem and everyone who played just a single FE will recognize her.

And the tactician? We already had a self-insert in FE12 as far as I know. It very well may be that IS will stick to that. And as "the tactician", he would impersonate the strategic nature of the series. That's more importance than Ike will ever have.

I think you're overestimating the amount of people who care about Anna.

First of all, you're asserting that Anna will run the tutorials in all future games. Why? She only did that in FE9/10, and only in the US version for one of them IIRC. I don't seem to recall her running the guide in FE13(in fact, I don't think anyone did), but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't played in a while, and I usually don't bother with tutorials, so IDK.

Next, you seem to assume that every player who ever played an FE game with them present has

a) visited a secret shop

and

b) actually gives a damn about the person running it.

Ultimately all of Anna's roles throughout the series are little more than bit parts.

Fair point on the tactician representing the strategy aspect of FE, but then again I'm not sure why he needs to. Smash Bros. is about representing/showing off characters, not representing the gameplay of each series. Plus, couldn't you say that the "strategy" of FE is represented by fighting strategically in Smash? :smug: :p

I highly doubt we'll be seeing Anna at all unless she starts getting her own spinoff series which I would imagine would play like Recettear. Capitalism ho!

I highly doubt we'll be seeing Anna at all unless she starts getting her own spinoff series which I would imagine would play like Recettear. Capitalism ho!

someone send Nintendo this shit

I didn't expect Sakurai to confirm a new veteran before E3. I'm not exactly a big Ike fan, but I didn't expect to see him cut, especially after Lucario was confirmed.

I'm kind of tempted to switch my sig/avatar to Marth and Ike saying "Us?! Replaced by Chrom and Lucina?! Like we'd let them!!" Though I told myself I'd be keeping this Fluttershy avatar/sig for all of May and not let anything sway me from doing otherwise and not crumble to the anti-ponyness.

Maybe I'm speculating too much on this, but does anyone think that Ike's reveal before E3 will set up for Chrom's reveal at E3, similar to how all the "pure" Mario (as in, not side Mario series like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or Wario) characters were revealed before Rosalina was? I mean, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser featured in Rosalina's reveal, so maybe Marth and Ike will feature in Chrom's reveal in a similar way. The Gematsu rumours still stand and have been completely accurate so far, and they did have Chrom listed as a newcomer.

I didn't expect Sakurai to confirm a new veteran before E3. I'm not exactly a big Ike fan, but I didn't expect to see him cut, especially after Lucario was confirmed.

I'm kind of tempted to switch my sig/avatar to Marth and Ike saying "Us?! Replaced by Chrom and Lucina?! Like we'd let them!!" Though I told myself I'd be keeping this Fluttershy avatar/sig for all of May and not let anything sway me from doing otherwise and not crumble to the anti-ponyness.

Maybe I'm speculating too much on this, but does anyone think that Ike's reveal before E3 will set up for Chrom's reveal at E3, similar to how all the "pure" Mario (as in, not side Mario series like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or Wario) characters were revealed before Rosalina was? I mean, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser featured in Rosalina's reveal, so maybe Marth and Ike will feature in Chrom's reveal in a similar way. The Gematsu rumours still stand and have been completely accurate so far, and they did have Chrom listed as a newcomer.

That actually sounds plausible. And E3 would be the perfect place for it to happen....

Does that mean all of the Pokemon have been revealed because Greninja was revealed? That means Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone (not surprising), as well as Jigglypuff (VERY surprising, even though Jigglypuff isn't remotely relevant anymore to the Pokemon series), and Pokemon has two fewer reps than in Brawl (since Sakurai counts Pokemon Trainer as three characters).

I still think Jigglypuff is safe myself, and that there will be one other Pokemon rep (either Mewtwo returning or a newcomer) to match the number of Pokemon that were in Brawl.

Well, I don't know just yet, a lot of widely believed speculations were proven wrong already, such as people like Lucario, Toon Link, and Ike being cut, Chrom replacing Ike, etc. Sakurai could easily surprise us yet again and go with someone other than Chrom. I personally hope he chooses Avatar instead. Chrom and Lucina bore me to tears, and the Avatar doesn't, even if he/she is Sueish. xP

Also, if people thought Little Mac was small compared to Samus, take a look at him next to Ike:

screen-7.jpg

Just LAWL IS HE TINY. XD He makes Ike look like Paul Bunyan!

Also, if people thought Little Mac was small compared to Samus, take a look at him next to Ike:

screen-7.jpg

Just LAWL IS HE TINY. XD He makes Ike look like Paul Bunyan!

Oh wow, Ike's just about twice Mac's size from that perspective. Judging on how far each are crouching down (Mac more than Ike), I'll take a random guess and say that Ike is probably as tall or a little taller than Samus.

(Note I have pretty bad perspective guessing)

Edited by Konnor97

Man, this has been going around tumblr since Ike was confirmed.

rD3HA5q.png

M6r57Lj.png

Points to whoever gets the reference.

Spongebob. The one where he buys those blowup arms and makes a fool of himself at a throwing competition-thingy