SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

[spoiler=It's funny]acd.jpg

I'd rather press the last button.

Damn that's a hard choice. I really want Snake to return, but I want Ganondorf to have his own move set (he's the laziest made character with the most potential imo), but I also really want Isaac too!!!

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, but I think Takamaru not being included will be too hard on everyone who wanted him. I don't think he's the top of anyone's list.

I wouldn't mind if Takamaru was in, but I do think people are looking into every little detail too much, basically saying it was evidence Takamaru was playable because of whatever it was with the Virtual Console. I for one find it cool that characters like him, Starfy, Issac and the like are assist trophies and hold the potential to appear playable later on.

Is Takamaru even an Nintendo character? If so, how come Samurai Warriors 3 had a mode that was a sort-of remake of that game?

Takamaru is from Nazo no Murasame Jō and is a Nintendo IP, hence why it exists in Nintendo Land. For the most part it is Japan exclusive, so not really known overseas.

Damn that's a hard choice. I really want Snake to return, but I want Ganondorf to have his own move set (he's the laziest made character with the most potential imo), but I also really want Isaac too!!!

First button obviously it has a fire emblem character that sucks as a lord but it's still fire emblem

Is Takamaru even an Nintendo character? If so, how come Samurai Warriors 3 had a mode that was a sort-of remake of his game?

Since its Nintendo's IP, they allowed him to appear in the game, only in the Wii version. It's like how Link appeared in Soul Calibur 2, only in the GC version.

Sad news for Takamaru fans, but at least he is getting represented in the game for the first time.

Seriously, all my wanted newcomers have been screwed.

Goroh? Check.

Wonder Red? Check.

Takamaru? Check, with salt added to the wound with the (FYI, I'm not playable, lolol).

I won't expect the others I want to be playable at all, at this point ;_; Maybe I could have hope for Black Shadow?? I dunno.

At least I like most of the newcomers!

EDIT: I'm obviously pushing the button of terror.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

Takamaru huh.

If he gets in I wonder if he'll have that OP fire tornado from Samurai Warriors 3 that just destroys grunts and generals alike.

Unless that's a thing in his own game.

He destroys everything with Lightning in his own game.

I imagine every time a character is disconfirmed there is a forum somewhere that was in the middle of talking about their chances.

Eh, but I think Takamaru not being included will be too hard on everyone who wanted him. I don't think he's the top of anyone's list.

You'd be surprised. Maybe not on here apart from Randoman but on smashboards.. let's just say he was a very popular want

Edited by JediSwordSaint

I was very in favor of him before we started getting information but the gradual reveal of so many single series miscellaneous characters gradually lowered my expectations of seeing him in. An assist trophy is great though. Maybe he'll make it to SSB5.

I'd rather press the last button.

SHULK.

I'd press the SHULK button. Isaac, Lip, Takamaru, and Andy are a bonus. Although I don't really like some of the characters there... Mike Jones cough

Also, if Shulk's confirmed as an assist trophy I'm going to crawl up in a corner and cry.

Edited by Maester Indigo

SHULK.

I'd press the SHULK button. Isaac, Lip, Takamaru, and Andy are a bonus. Although I don't really like some of the characters there... Mike Jones cough

who's shulk, love the ride ze shoopuf line. FFX

Edited by Serah Farron

Some interesting polls about veterans that I've run across.

First, Smashbros-miiverse.com (a fansite) did a poll for the most popular veterans not yet confirmed.

10460259_286675101520003_340331009048085

Mewtwo being #1 is no surprise, but it's odd to see Snake in second place.

And here's a poll for veterans that people don't want to return.

https://epoll.me/ACQVjvOXKmM/which-character-would-you-like-to-see-cut-in-the-new-super-smash-bros?&ref=results

Snake is #1 here, followed by Pichu. I find it interesting that, according to the same site, Snake is simultaneously the most hated and 2nd most wanted veteran.

Hah, it's funny how Takamaru showed up just as people started talking about him. XD

But why is everyone upset? He IS in the game in some form, after all, so it isn't like Sakurai completely ignored his fans.

Some interesting polls about veterans that I've run across.

First, Smashbros-miiverse.com (a fansite) did a poll for the most popular veterans not yet confirmed.

10460259_286675101520003_340331009048085

Mewtwo being #1 is no surprise, but it's odd to see Snake in second place.

And here's a poll for veterans that people don't want to return.

https://epoll.me/ACQVjvOXKmM/which-character-would-you-like-to-see-cut-in-the-new-super-smash-bros?&ref=results

Snake is #1 here, followed by Pichu. I find it interesting that, according to the same site, Snake is simultaneously the most hated and 2nd most wanted veteran.

It could be expected to return as opposed to want to return. People vote highly for wanting to Snake return while on the other pole people vote highly on Snake not returning because it's what they expect to happen, not what they actually want.

Hah, it's funny how Takamaru showed up just as people started talking about him. XD

But why is everyone upset? He IS in the game in some form, after all, so it isn't like Sakurai completely ignored his fans.

Who exactly is upset?

The same reason Chrom fans are upset that he's just an FS, or that Ridley fans are upset that he might be a stage hazard. People don't just want to see characters "in the game," they want to be able to play as them and see them kicking ass.

The same reason Chrom fans are upset that he's just an FS, or that Ridley fans are upset that he might be a stage hazard. People don't just want to see characters "in the game," they want to be able to play as them and see them kicking ass.

Im unfortunately one of those chrom fan girls that had just about lost it after hearing chrom wasn't playable but at least we get robin

But you can see Takamaru or Chrom kick ass since they're an assist trophy and Final Smash respectively. I still don't understand. I wanted Keldeo playable, but you don't see me crying because he's just a Pokeball mon. I'm just glad he's in at all!

Edited by Anacybele

But you can see Takamaru or Chrom kick ass since they're an assist trophy and Final Smash respectively. I still don't understand.

Still isn't the same. *sobs*

But you can see Takamaru or Chrom kick ass since they're an assist trophy and Final Smash respectively. I still don't understand. I wanted Keldeo playable, but you don't see me crying because he's just a Pokeball mon. I'm just glad he's in at all!

I still don't understand who is upset about Takamaru. I'm sure there's someone somewhere out there but I don't see anyone on this forum posting words of sorrow or rage and nobody else on any of the other Smash communities I'm involved with seem particularly moved by this reveal.