SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really wanted Takamaru, but I doubt Sakurai even knows about a bunch of whiny GameFAQs/Tumblr/Imgur users who are flipping their lids all because ONE character didn't get in. I know I didn't react like that.

Now, if that Assist had been Shulk, I would have lost it. And if Ridley's confirmed boss tomorrow, all the flippage is justified.

Your "I didn't react like that, I'm not one of them" point is kinda moot judging from what you just said.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I remember how I dealt with Smash Bros. related disappointment better than I did in the Brawl days. When Brawl was delayed back then, I wrote a creative writing assignment for my English class about Sakurai being replaced with an evil robotic duplicate in order to ruin Christmas. I got a perfect grade on it but that's probably because my teacher saw it was nearly twenty pages long compared to my classmates' 3-4 page stories and didn't even bother to read it.

Also, a Mario & Luigi game with Wario and Waluigi would be pretty cool. I'm not really the biggest fan of Waluigi, but, too bad! Waluigi time!

Edited by ClevelandSteve

When Brawl was delayed back then, I wrote a creative writing assignment for my English class about Sakurai being replaced with an evil robotic duplicate in order to ruin Christmas. I got a perfect grade on it but that's probably because my teacher saw it was nearly twenty pages long compared to my classmates' 3-4 page stories and didn't even bother to read it.

This I wanna read.

I remember how I dealt with Smash Bros. related disappointment better than I did in the Brawl days. When Brawl was delayed back then, I wrote a creative writing assignment for my English class about Sakurai being replaced with an evil robotic duplicate in order to ruin Christmas. I got a perfect grade on it but that's probably because my teacher saw it was nearly twenty pages long compared to my classmates' 3-4 page stories and didn't even bother to read it.

You would have gotten an F in my IB English class because you didn't complete the assignment to specifications.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Posted · Hidden by Florete, July 30, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, July 30, 2014 - No reason given

I'd never heard of it, so it didn't interest me. :P

That's the most ignorant comment I've heard this year so far, beating all of your previous ones.

I really, really wanted Takamaru, but I doubt Sakurai even knows about a bunch of whiny GameFAQs/Tumblr/Imgur users who are flipping their lids all because ONE character didn't get in. I know I didn't react like that.

It's probably safe to say that SOMEone at Nintendo is aware of the uproar in some capacity, especially as Takamaru is more wanted/popular in Japan.

Besides, we KNOW from characters like Pac-man and Little Mac (and Ridley, if he's made playable ever) that Nintendo and Sakurai listen to the input of the fans and want us to be happy. If anything, this probably just helps his chances for whatever the next game is.

Edited by BANRYU

Since everyone seems to want to see this.

Well, the only place the story still existed was somewhere in the servers of Myspace, where I uploaded it back when Myspace was still a thing people used. I downloaded my old blog entries (and finally got around to closing my account, while I was at it), and re-uploaded two of them to a throwaway Dropbox I just made for this (since they're probably too long to post here).

"Florida Story" isn't the one I was talking about, but it is from an earlier English assignment that year and takes place before the Christmas story. It's basically the "Part 1" and will help make Part 2 make more sense.

"Christmas Story" is the one I was talking about earlier.

I'd just like to preface this by saying that the only edits I made were to correct some formatting errors (a few admittedly pointless ellipses that were converted into random characters by Myspace). Other than that, they are exactly as I wrote them in High School. These stories are both terrible and contain pretty much what you'd expect a High School Junior to think is "cool" and "funny". Viewer discretion is advised.

www.Dropbox.com

E-mail: ClevelandSerenes@mail.com (not sure if giving away my main e-mail is a rule violation here, so I made a throwaway)

Password: Shulk4Smash (not a password I use for anything else. Not that I don't trust anyone here, but making your passwords public on the internet is never a good idea)

It's probably safe to say that SOMEone at Nintendo is aware of the uproar in some capacity, especially as Takamaru is more wanted/popular in Japan.

Besides, we KNOW from characters like Pac-man and Little Mac (and Ridley, if he's made playable ever) that Nintendo and Sakurai listen to the input of the fans and want us to be happy. If anything, this probably just helps his chances for whatever the next game is.

I'm honestly fine if we never get Takamaru by fan demand, as if he listens to fan demand, we'd get Waluigi, Daisy, and Shadow, and Takamaru, Ridley, and even Ashley or Midna aren't worth THAT.

(btw, what's the pic of the day comment, i can only see the villagers and two galaga ships, not miiverse)

"If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower."

It's sort of like how the Beetle works where it'll take an enemy to the upper blast line if they're caught. The second part says that it can be stopped but unlike in Galaga, you won't get two Donkey Kongs or whoever its caught in it like it does in Galaga.

I loved Galaga so I'm happy to see it in the game.

Edited by Naui

Some free for all and 1 Vs 1 battles from SDCC

Some pokeball mons from the battles include Xerneas (Geomancy), Victini (kind of support effect, Victory Star?), Lugia, Darkrai (Dark Void), Fletchling (lolPeck), Bellossom, Oshawott (Brawl!Piplup), Spewpa (kind of effect spore: hit it and it'll loose stun spore and stun nearby players), among others.

edit: also, Yveltal plz

Edited by Quintessence

Some free for all and 1 Vs 1 battles from SDCC

Some pokeball mons from the battles include Xerneas (Geomancy), Victini (kind of support effect, Victory Star?), Lugia, Darkrai (Dark Void), Fletchling (lolPeck), Bellossom, Oshawott (Brawl!Piplup), Spewpa (kind of effect spore: hit it and it'll loose stun spore and stun nearby players), among others.

edit: also, Yveltal plz

heh some pretty funny moments during that time.

Also if you have an hour to kill, here is a 1 hour of pure offscreen gameplay video of the Wii U E3 demo. The offscreen Audio is pretty good too so you can hear the music and the sound effects pretty well without a direct feedback.

The complains about Takamaru are nothing. You guys should have seen the Waluigi complains.

I found that reaction funny. Outside the smash community, Waluigi isnt that well liked as far as I know. The Smash community build supports for characters that can exist only in that bubble. But that's the fun of character speculation.

I found that reaction funny. Outside the smash community, Waluigi isnt that well liked as far as I know. The Smash community build supports for characters that can exist only in that bubble. But that's the fun of character speculation.

he's certainly well liked in the community. It's mostly the shenanigans that Wario and Waluigi get into that makes them pure gold. Too bad Nintendo never seems like to utilize his personalities that well in the later games.

...link's grab has more range than marth's forward smash. what the f@ck, nintendo?

Edited by Comet

SSB4_-_N%27s_Castle_Reshiram.jpg

Today's miiverse Post is the new 3DS stage, N's Castle.

"Pic of the day. Reshiram appears on one of the stages in the 3DS version! Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? The design of this stage is based off of the surroundings of someone's castle."

Edited by Naui