SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Uz6Lv9g.jpg

"Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan."

xs6GyoA.jpg

"Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud."

Heh, talk about obscure. Even Sakurai doesn't know the character's name.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for an epic post for Sakurai's birthday. But hey Nintendo Direct for Hyrule Warriors tomorrow. Even though there probably won't be anything Smash related, there may be something...

SAKURAI STOP HURTING THE POOR RETRO CHARACTERS

agh. First Takamaru, now Prince Sable? What's next Mach Rider or Lip? I feel like Pac-Man is our retro character, as there aren't very many good ones left.

agh. First Takamaru, now Prince Sable? What's next Mach Rider or Lip? I feel like Pac-Man is our retro character, as there aren't very many good ones left.

...where's the part about being grateful for Assist Trophies?

"They're not playable characters, so you're hurting their fans!"

Where's the part where people are HAPPY that they are in FREAKING SUPER SMASH BROTHERS in some shape or form?

Oh yeah, that guy... didn't he made a cameo appearance in like, one LoZ game? I think it was him...

Anyway, interesting, never expected him to show up, but it's a good thing he did.

Oh yeah, that guy... didn't he made a cameo appearance in like, one LoZ game? I think it was him...

Anyway, interesting, never expected him to show up, but it's a good thing he did.

He didn't but Richard, another character from the game, did. It was in Link'a Awakening which had fun cameoing quite a few games.

Edited by Jotari

...where's the part about being grateful for Assist Trophies?

"They're not playable characters, so you're hurting their fans!"

Where's the part where people are HAPPY that they are in FREAKING SUPER SMASH BROTHERS in some shape or form?

^ This %1,000,000. Who the fuck thought this character stood a chance at being playable? This should be considered a good thing because these characters are going to get exposure they didn't previously have, but instead people treat it like Sakurai is killing these characters (seriously, Smashboards has a "Graveyard" for this kind of thing).

Am I an outlier who is happy that a character I really like (Lyn) is an assist trophy? Where is the fanbase's gratitude for Sakurai?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

^ This %1,000,000. Who the fuck thought this character stood a chance at being playable? This should be considered a good thing because these characters are going to get exposure they didn't previously have, but instead people treat it like Sakurai is killing these characters (seriously, Smashboards has a "Graveyard" for this kind of thing).

Am I an outlier who is happy that a character I really like (Lyn) is an assist trophy? Where is the fanbase's gratitude for Sakurai?

People just want to play as their dream characters. I can understand how that feels, but people got to learn that they can't always get what they want, and should be happy a character they wanted is in the game in some form. Getting angry over a character not being playable isn't gonna change anything.

I don't even care much about who's playable, who's a trophy, etc.

I just want the two months to be up, so that I can have the game in my fingertips.

People are so obsessed with rosters in crossover games that it's not even funny anymore.

Also, I still have to get a capture card for my 3DS....

I do believe it's just a case of people being vocal about their salt.

Because of that, people like you seem like an outlier.

Be happy that an assist trophy appearance means being hacked into the game is a lot more likely. Of course I'm still waiting to see someone hack Saki into the game as playable in a proper way.

I do believe it's just a case of people being vocal about their salt.

Because of that, people like you seem like an outlier.

Vocal, whiny AND entitled. Meanwhile, I'm laughing the whole way.

I, for one, think it's cool that something obscure gets the treatment. Because it could mean this coming to international shores in some form.

Hope fully this will mean For the Frog the Bell Toils will eventually get a localisation like Sin and Punishment and the Mysterious Murasame Castle.

I didn't really get the feeling Maester Indigo was whining about Sablé Prince. It's one thing to be sad if a character you like doesn't make it to the roster (even if they're THAT obscure there's always the off chance), another to take it to the extent the people in that Takamaru picture did.

I'll be honest, I was bummed out when Lyn was shown to still be an assist trophy. Of course I'm glad she wasn't cut entirely but it was still sad.

And if Isaac shares her fate I'm going to cry myself to sleep. ;-;

I didn't really get the feeling Maester Indigo was whining about Sablé Prince. It's one thing to be sad if a character you like doesn't make it to the roster (even if they're THAT obscure there's always the off chance), another to take it to the extent the people in that Takamaru picture did.

I'll be honest, I was bummed out when Lyn was shown to still be an assist trophy. Of course I'm glad she wasn't cut entirely but it was still sad.

And if Isaac shares her fate I'm going to cry myself to sleep. ;-;

He himself may not have been whining about it, but "STOP HURTING THE POOR RETRO CHARACTERS" and the responses in general to this kind of thing...yeah. "Hurting?" No. People need to realize that it was likely either this or something lesser, not this or roster slot.

There's also a difference between this and Lyn/Isaac. They were assist trophies in the last game, so they would, theoretically*, be first in line for promotion, and the fans of them are more justified in their disappointment of not seeing them make it. Still, I'm fine with Lyn as assist because the FE portion of the roster is already full of sword users.

*Theoretically because no one can really say how the process works and Little Mac is the only assist promotion we've seen so far.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire