SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a couple of posts as I was catching up regarding if coins transfer over to the full game. They do, but the maximum you can transfer is apparently 50. It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing

I hope you forgot one or two zeros. 50 coins is nothing. Don't you get around 30 per match?

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Stale-move_negation

Was browsing tips and saw this

h88Bbq9.jpg

Huh I've been smash bros for 15 years and I never noticed this. I feel really dumb now.

I thought this was only a thing for some moves, not every single one. But yeah, I did still notice some moves losing power after awhile, such as Bowser and Charizard's flame breath.

Olimar does seem to be the hardest character to use in the game, period. Because after dying once, he's vulnerable as without any Pikmen, he simply almost, if not, cannot put up any fight at all. Dying against the Master Hand enough times does make him low tier. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Stale-move_negation

Was browsing tips and saw this

h88Bbq9.jpg

Huh I've been smash bros for 15 years and I never noticed this. I feel really dumb now.

This was always a thing!?

Yeah I'm pretty sure this has been in since 64. The amount of damage is decreased the more you use a move, but its not by much. I think I found this out as a kid in 64 just doing falcon punches over and over again and seeing that the damage would decrease. I'm not sure so much on the amount of knockback though.

Either way using moves that are really good over and over again is ok since the decrease in damage (and maybe knockback) is usually not enough to make too much of a difference.

The Falcon Punch is never stale.

Huh, never knew that, although it doesn't seem like such a big thing as it's instantly reset when you use another move.

But in all seriousness... it doesn't do that. At least not in Brawl.

You have to use a few other moves in the "queue" to have a completely fresh move back.

The Falcon Punch is never stale.

But in all seriousness... it doesn't do that. At least not in Brawl.

You have to use a few other moves in the "queue" to have a completely fresh move back.

Oh, well, I was mistaken.

so yeah uh

I downloaded the demo

and every time i pull it up, it crashes while trying to load.

I played my brother's demo, but still, this does not look like a good omen.

And no, I have not abused my XL. It had so many graphical quirks and freezing errors (not even during games, only when the 3ds games do their animation when you scroll over them) out of the box, that It should be expected I guess. Factory defect much?

so yeah uh

I downloaded the demo

and every time i pull it up, it crashes while trying to load.

I played my brother's demo, but still, this does not look like a good omen.

And no, I have not abused my XL. It had so many graphical quirks and freezing errors (not even during games, only when the 3ds games do their animation when you scroll over them) out of the box, that It should be expected I guess. Factory defect much?

have you checked if it's your SD card? Do other demos do the same thing?

Stale moves were introduced in Brawl.

Pretty sure that was Melee. Like, in the bonuses, if you got stale moves, that'd be -500 or something

EDIT: if it was in 64, I've never noticed it at all

Edited by The King

Actually, stale moves exist in Melee too. The game even has a bonus point penalty for it. Brawl just made the stale move penalty more extreme. It might even be in 64 but have no idea.

In Smash 4, some moves aren't affected by stale moves, but it has a huge impact on the power and launching effects of Smash attacks. This game has a very peculiar knockback scaling.

Did you guys know Villager can cancel Link's FS?

Yes haha, its hilarious and I assume he can pocket any similar ones too. But he can't use them so its not like

VILLAGER USED TRIFORCE SLASH

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE.

also this is like the best song ever

peaks from 0:20-0:30

Just imagine: Ike, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Donkey Kong fighting an epic battle of manliness (with the winner obviously challenging the current manliness champ, Captain Falcon) with this song in the background.

Just imagine: Ike, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Donkey Kong fighting an epic battle of manliness (with the winner obviously challenging the current manliness champ, Captain Falcon) with this song in the background.

>donkey kong

>no dark pit

git gud