SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I thought that the Monado was only unable to harm beings from Bionis. Shulk is the only thing from Bionis in this game.

B: best answer.

I noticed that items and dynamic stages make things lag bad.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Florete, October 5, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, October 5, 2014 - No reason given

I thought that the Monado was only unable to harm beings from Bionis. Shulk is the only thing from Bionis in this game.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, October 5, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, October 5, 2014 - No reason given

Oops

I think I've been playing this game too much, my fingers hurt like crazy.

Oh yeah, guys, I got some of Ike's custom moves. His Eruption customs are Tempest and Furious Eruption. The former is basically the closest we'll get to Ragnell's ranged attack and the latter is just the regular Eruption with greater range, but more recoil damage.

I also got one of his custom Counters, Paralyzing Counter. It's what the name says.

And I got Luigi's Green Missile customs. They're Floating Missile and Quick Missile. The former has a faster charge time but less power. The latter flies faster and farther than normal and Luigi slides across the ground if he misses.

I don't think I've got Tempest Eruption yet but one of his Aether alts, Aether Wave, consists of a shockwave upon landing. It's not hugely long range and requires too much timing to be an effective projectile but it's still nice to see them acknowledging it somewhat. Ike's got the blue fire and sort of projectile now, all they need left is to given him some kind of axe and we'll have all that I want.

Have all characters now.

Jigglypuff was the hardest one to beat. Needed 3 attempts. I could beat all the other ones in my first try.

A random question:

Does anybody know, how can I delete game and/or character stats? Is there an option somewhere like in SSBB?

For those who have the game, is event match still a thing?

No, sadly. :( They were removed. The Wii U version might have them though. At least I hope.

I would say the same for the IC's case. Sakurai already tested them on the Wii-U and says that they're working to perfection. Means that he's planning to put them in, but the 3DS couldn't handle it which is why that Nintendo is starting to create the more improved New 3DS. If the IC's do get in...we will get the DLC stuff to have things that couldn't make it to the game for time constraints. If the IC's don't get in the Wii-U's version, we may never see them again.

Edited by PuffPuff

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/nintendo_advert_confirms_november_21st_launch_date_for_super_smash_bros_wii_u

The release date for the Wii-U's version is Nov 21st. This unofficial, but important leak from NA retailers will put us in relief that we'll get it earlier than we thought. But...the Wii-U's package will come Dec 31st as said here...

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret03.html#

Looooookey here...

NINTENDO REVELED NESS. :333

zO53pG.jpg

The old Melee stage is getting returned in the Wii-U's version!

Edited by PuffPuff

But...the Wii-U's package will come Dec 31st as said here...

That's just a placeholder date. It will come out on the release date, or else there'd be no point.

FRliqK.jpg

Falco and Wario also has been revealed by Nintendo. I really like this pic of Falco.

FpFHPh.jpg

Way to show Wario getting thwarted in SML2, Sakurai.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret01.html

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret02.html

@Alertcircuit

Let us hope that it gets a remake.

Edited by PuffPuff

Falco's English VA sounds so familiar, but I just can't put my finger on who it is

Robin's everything I expected him/her to be, their neutral B is useful enough while their side B is one of their best moves if you know what you're doing with it. The down B is tough to land unsurprisingly and the up B works well enough. The Levin Sword is definitely their shining moment though as it's some of their only KO potential, it's also a lot of fun to use, but that might just be me. I keep hearing people say that their dash attack is bad, but I don't see it just personally, it's just lacking in range compared to other characters

Lucina's a lot like old Marth, her counter feels like it lasts longer than any other FE rep's though. I prefer her over Marth this time around, the bulk and power probably makes him useful as well as his tipper mechanic, but I'm not great at spacing and Lucina's sword doing the same amount of damage all across it suits me better

Falco's English VA sounds so familiar, but I just can't put my finger on who it is

All I know is that Falco's Smash 4 voice is the same actor from Star Fox 64 3DS and Fox's Smash 4 voice is the same guy who did the original Star Fox 64 and 3DS.

After all my "I'm not buying another portable because of what happened to my DS Lite", I actually bought a 2DS just for Smash Bros. this Friday... =/

The 2DS I bought better stay in good condition and not fall apart on me, though with all the circle pad horror stories I've been hearing for Smash, that sadly may not be the case. At the very least I hope it lasts until Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is out.

Anyways, if you want to face me online, just give me a holler.

Edited by Randoman

After all my "I'm not buying another portable because of what happened to my DS Lite", I actually bought a 2DS just for Smash Bros. this Friday... =/

The 2DS I bought better stay in good condition and not fall apart on me, though with all the circle pad horror stories I've been hearing for Smash, that sadly may not be the case. At the very least I hope it lasts until Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is out.

Anyways, if you want to face me online, just give me a holler.

just be gentle with the control pad and you should be fine. They made the control pad really sensitive that you don't need to flick or press too hard to get the smash attacks or actions that you want to pull off in this version.

As long as you get that mindset, you should be fine.

After playing the game for a few days, here are a few of my current thoughts on it.

-Shulk plays quite well, my only issues with him are that I wish a few of his aerials (N-Air, F-Air, and B-Air specifically) and smash attacks were just a bit faster, and that his F-Smash and Up-Smash weren't 2 hits, as if you space incorrectly the first hit will knock them out of the second hit's range and you'll get punished.

-Facing a good Little Mac turns into a game of who can camp harder, until you get him off the edge, and then he's pretty easy to gimp

- Megaman is good at camping, but pretty bleh at everything else.

- Palutena is quite slow.

- Rosalina is easier to deal with than I thought she'd be.

- Greninja doesn't seem like he'll be a very good character.

- Duck Hunt Dog is excellent at camping, but with proper prediction and approach he's pretty easy to deal with.

- Grabbing gets beaten by every attack in the game, where it used to go through every attack in the game. I don't like this.

Yo, anyone up for some 1v1, 4 stock, and no items matches? I'll post my FC here if anyone is interested. 0748-2063-8060

Right now? After I'm done my All-Star mode runthrough, sure. My code is 4012-5899-8907.

I should be good to go in 10 or so minutes. Make the lobby for me and I'll join it.