SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Does anyone else here main as zss? I have seen 0 samus/zss players online and feel like the only one who mains as her

Also Greninja is either awful or everyone just sucks with him

Edited by Sara.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some great online matches with friends. By the way Carter, why did you self-destruct during the matches?

That 99-stock match, tho.

Oh yeah Carter. When you were playing Free For All with us, you camped a lot. You think you could cut down on that? It made a lot of the matches a little stale and boring.

Does anyone else here main as zss? I have seen 0 samus/zss players online and feel like the only one who mains as her

You'll see plenty in For Glory. Infact, I'm pretty sure you'll see one of everyone online. Most who use Greninja think: oh he's fast, he must be good/top tier like Shiek.

Edited by Ace Gamer

Nah, I main ZSS too!

That 99-stock match, tho.

Oh yeah Carter. When you were playing Free For All with us, you camped a lot. You think you could cut down on that? It made a lot of the matches a little stale and boring.

YOU GUYS PLAYED 99-STOCKS? How long did that take?

And about that... it wasn't really "camping"... I wasn't trying to seem like I was camping (you have to trust me here). I got really pissed in that 3D Land match when kingddd suicided with me, so I was trying to avoid him in every single match xD. THEN when there was one person left, I truly "played like I meant it".

I wasn't trying to "camp", and believe me, I really hate camping. That really ISN'T my playstyle, and I could show you in a 1 v. 1 or another 4-player free-for-all without kingddd xD.

can anyone who's played with me tell Gaia that I don't camp?

Edited by Carter

Yea its all been on for glory; either littlemac or greninja everywhere. I had 11 different greninja users in a row, they were all so bad...and I'm not really an experienced ssb'er.

Edit: I consider myself a good player. If anyone wants to Smash, here's the FC: 1950-8858-7343

Also Kelly, did you forget to add me?

Sorry, I hadn't known that you wanted me to. xP

Me and Gaia stoped at 89 lives. It would have taken HOURS. I was really feeling it(bonus points to whoever gets this reference).

I was ready to keep going. Such a killjoy, man. Shulk for days.

I wasn't trying to "camp", and believe me, I really hate camping. That really ISN'T my playstyle, and I could show you in a 1 v. 1 or another 4-player free-for-all without kingddd xD.

Nah, I believe you. Oh, and I'd be up for a 1 v 1. Later tho, I'm hella hungry.

And again, I am the only one who uses Greninja

I find him pretty good, and he was the only character I was able to even touch PKLucas531 with

Although to be fair, I am absolutely awful at this game so if I say Greninja is good, I'd probably still get destroyed

Also Yoshi

Gonna make a second impressions thing because now I have everyone and have played a lot more

Mario- My secondary, also has been, and is still awesome

Dr.Mario- would use, but America

Luigi- never liked, and not starting to now

Peach- I liked her better in the old games

Bowser- one of my three mains! Very impressed with him!

Rosalina- absolutely hate her, and that's all

Bowser Jr- he's aite

Wario- seems the same, and still like him

Yoshi- Holy shit. He was total crap in the old games, and he is now one of my three mains, I love him

Donkey Kong- Haven't really tried

Diddy Kong- Seems like he's been nerfed but I suck so I can never really tell

Kirby- seems same to me

Meta Knight- liking his nerf

Dedede- still love him

Pikachu- seems pretty much the same

Charizard- liking his changes

Lucario- one of my secondaries, he's terrifying at full damage

Greninja- I expected him to be amazing, and he is. One of my three mains, and I am the only one who loves him

Link- never been a fan of him in smash

Toon Link- still in denial that he's in the game, but he's cool

Zelda- bitch to face, but cool otherwise

Sheik- always loved Sheik, she's still amazing

Ganon- ehhhhhhhhhh he needs Bowser's speed work out

Marth- will be better with a gamecube controller

Ike- cool outfit, but otherwise eh

Robin- pretty cool, but so slow

Lucina- just don't even

Fox- HATE HIS VOICE

Falco- Why, Nintendo? WHY?!

Samus- same as ever

ZSS- downright bitch to face, and pretty cool to use

Pit- so much better without that pain in the ass side B

Palutena- HER VOICE KILLS MY EARS

Dark Pit- a cooler version of Pit

Olimar- Why only three?

CFalcs- love him, same as ever

Game and Watch- hate him, same as ever

ROB- see Game and Watch

Ness- still pretty cool

Sonic- so damn annoying but other than that pretty cool

Little Mac- it seems like everyone else knows how to use him except me, and I really wish I was good with him

Duck Hunt Dog- I LOVE HIM (secondary character)

Villager- hahahahaha

Mega Man- he's got some sweet looking attacks that I have a really hard time using

Pac-Man- haven't really played as him, but was pretty cool when I did use him

I may have missed some but I'm over it

I hate Falco's voice in this game. Why is it so terrible after he had an awesome voice in Brawl? That Brawl voice was what made me like him. I've lost interest in playing Falco now. >.>

And about that... it wasn't really "camping"... I wasn't trying to seem like I was camping (you have to trust me here). I got really pissed in that 3D Land match when kingddd suicided with me, so I was trying to avoid him in every single match xD. THEN when there was one person left, I truly "played like I meant it".

Carter I do that suicide thing for fun for everyone all the time. It isn't really to target one specific person or anything. You really should not even be taking any of my actions seriously.

But yeah like Gaia said, please don't do that campy playstyle again. I was getting a very bad first impression of your skills in terms of the way you were playing at the time. It made the matches really frustrating and seeing you win all the time because you refused to battle with us and winning without putting any effort until the last minute of the battles is downright bad sportsmanship.

Ive seen some ZSS mains. Ive seen one Lucario main and boy did they hate me. *Duck Hunt snicker*

Greninja seems to be one that everyone is really bad with right now. I dont think hes actually that awful. People havent gotten the hang of him...? I know i havent. Pac-Man is similar. Hes just...what.

PJSalt/PKL is insane at this game, for instance

Hes also a very seasoned Smasher in general. Plus demo practice. But really, when it comes to the majority of players, yeah we're still pretty bad lol.

Hes also a very seasoned Smasher in general. Plus demo practice. But really, when it comes to the majority of players, yeah we're still pretty bad lol.

I don't get how he can be so good at this game already though, if the rest of us are "bad." I mean, we're using 3DSs now, not GC controllers or Wii classic controllers. The controls are somewhat different now. And a lot of characters got tweaked.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I apologize to anyone that wanted to play me, but I've decided to quit playing with other people. I suicide way too much and I just can't seem to stop. Not to mention that my button commands don't always go through for some reason. I try to do one move, but end up doing another and it messes me up. I guess the 3DS controls just don't work for me. I'm sorry...

I'll also be taking my FC out of the club thread and resigning from tournaments, of course.

You can't quit yet. Not until you play me.

F is for FIRE THAT BURNS DOWN THE WHOLE TOWN!

U IS FOR URANIUM. BOMBS!

N IS FOR NO SURVIVORS~~~

I sang that in my head.

Most of the matches I've won on For Glory have been with ZSS. She's definitely my best character right now. She was my Brawl main and she was made even better here.

I hate Falco's voice in this game. Why is it so terrible after he had an awesome voice in Brawl? That Brawl voice was what made me like him. I've lost interest in playing Falco now. >.>

Seriously. I was a little disappointed when I heard that Ike just had his Brawl voice clips re-used, but after hearing Fox, Falco, and Pit, I thought, "You know, maybe Brawl voice for Ike is okay."

I don't get how he can be so good at this game already though, if the rest of us are "bad." I mean, we're using 3DSs now, not GC controllers or Wii classic controllers. The controls are somewhat different now. And a lot of characters got tweaked.

iirc he was on the PR for his region for brawl, which has a very similar engine to sm4sh. the similar engines in general will probably let brawl players transfer really well to this game, including PKL.

Edited by Cornet

ZSS is WAY too overpowered in this game. She has ridiculous speed, strength, and range and so many unavoidable combos. I hate to say it, but we have a Meta Knight 2.0. >_>

iirc he was on the PR for his region for brawl, which has a very similar engine to sm4sh. the similar engines in general will probably let brawl players transfer really well to this game, including PKL.

lol no, this game is way different from Brawl. It has faster gameplay, and like I said, a lot of characters were tweaked. And I played Brawl to death. I didn't transfer well to this game at all.

I'm still suiciding too much even after using training mode for awhile. I'm starting to hate this game.

Edited by Anacybele

I had some great online matches with friends. By the way Carter, why did you self-destruct during the matches?

Edit: I consider myself a good player. If anyone wants to Smash, here's the FC: 1950-8858-7343

Also Kelly, did you forget to add me?

Yo Ace, i added ya FC, dude

i'm still in shock

99 stocks? where you dudes that bored?

ZSS doesn't have a lot of KO potential. Every other attack that Ike makes will send you flying.

That said, I dunno she just feels easy to handle despite her only major powermove being her aerial downA

I was super hyped to play Shulk in Smash 4, since I love Xenoblade and he shares a lot of aerials with my old main Ike, but it's been really rough trying to learn him. I keep accidentally back slashing when I try to move and switch Monado Arts at the same time, which has resulted in a lot self-destructs. That said, I think I'm finally getting the hang of him, and I'm really enjoying fighting as him. Back Slash has a huge range of attack, and his counter has an absurd number of active frames compared to the FE swordsman I'm used to. Also, his Arts, though sometimes impractical to cycle through, can give him some welcome boosts. Speed is a godsend against people like Sonic and Sheik, Shield is a beauty at high percentages (though it exacerbates his horrid recovery), and Smash can result in some really early kills. He may or may not be great at the ultra-competitive level, but I am really feeling it.

What exactly are you doing that's causing you to suicide so much?

Partly messed up button inputs and partly I have absolutely no idea. Sometimes when I'm trying to do up B, I do side B instead. And sometimes when I DO do up B and get right to the edge of the platform, my character still falls to their death instead of grabbing the edge for some reason.

ZSS doesn't have a lot of KO potential.

I have to highly disagree. She can rack up damage so fast without you even touching her and KO you in seconds because of that.

Edited by Anacybele