SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Classic mode on 9.0 intensity impossible? That's just no fun. I mean, it's not hard to GET to the last stage, it's the last stage itself. No matter what you do, you get gimped and knocked out. I pick Ike for it because I'm most familiar with how he plays. But I use an Aether to recover, and JUST as I do so, Master Hand blows Ike away before he can reach the edge. And the platforms he throws out are impossible to avoid. They rise way too fast. Not to mention Crazy Hand will just shove you in the ground in the meantime.

I did get to Swarm once, but it must've been dumb luck. This is just not possible to do. I'll eventually use a hammer on it. The game seems to want you to.

Edited by Anacybele

Why is Classic mode on 9.0 intensity impossible? That's just no fun. I mean, it's not hard to GET to the last stage, it's the last stage itself. No matter what you do, you get gimped and knocked out. I pick Ike for it because I'm most familiar with how he plays. But I use an Aether to recover, and JUST as I do so, Master Hand blows Ike away before he can reach the edge. And the platforms he throws out are impossible to avoid. They rise way too fast. Not to mention Crazy Hand will just shove you in the ground in the meantime.

I did get to Swarm once, but it must've been dumb luck. This is just not possible to do. I'll eventually use a hammer on it. The game seems to want you to.

it's not impossible. memorize the attacks and learn how to avoid them. ex: you can shield most of the fox's (or whatever it is) attacks.

Edited by Cornet

Wow you're having trouble getting to the swarm. I honestly find that surprising. Master Hand and Crazy Hand seem to go down so quick I'm not even sure why they include them in the Swarm Battle. Anyway you should probably consider using the custom items. Give Ike nothing but buffs to his defense. Some even have special abilities like healing you when you use your shield against something. If you're still having trouble then try getting to know Ganondorf. A lot of people seem to agree he's the easiest way to get through 9.0.

You can't hammer the Classic 9.0 achievement. It's one of the few you can't hammer.

Edited by kingddd

I did it, so it's not impossible.

Ike might not be a great choice for this, at least not vanilla Ike. He doesn't have great recovery and he's not powerful enough to make up for it. What I did is load Ganondorf with defensive equipment and give him the Up B that increases his jump distance. His jumping was hella terrible, but he hardly got launched and he does a lot of damage. You might be able to emulate that basic idea with Ike, but more than anything, you need to learn the attacks and be able to time dodges/counters. The hands go away pretty fast, so if you're having trouble just getting past them...don't get your hopes up of beating Master Core any time soon.

You can't hammer the Classic 9.0 achievement. It's one of the few you can't hammer.

Like how you couldn't feather the panel in beating all stages on 9.0 in Kid Icarus Uprising. Anyways don't you unlock a challenge for beating Classic Mode with all characters? And what does getting 100% on the pictures during the credits do?

Well that's really stupid.

Guess I'll never get every achievement then. I forced myself to use Ganondorf to get that one Home Run Contest achievement. But I don't want to use him for anything else.

Also, increasing Ike's defense will just make him really slow and even worse at avoiding the platforms Master Hand throws. I'm sorry, but I feel that's a terrible idea.

Guess I'll never get every achievement then. I forced myself to use Ganondorf to get that one Home Run Contest achievement. But I don't want to use him for anything else.

Also, increasing Ike's defense will just make him really slow and even worse at avoiding the platforms Master Hand throws. I'm sorry, but I feel that's a terrible idea.

Final Destination isn't that big of a stage and both hands take up a good chunk of said stage. So speed shouldn't matter too much.

It does when those platforms I just mentioned rise very fast. And they cover the whole stage. Your character has to be fast enough to get off of all them before they send you up in the air.

I'm curious, are the Challenge board hammers specific for the board they appear next to? I've only got like 4 squares left on board 2 and I have 3 hammers; should I use them all on the last squares? This seems like a lot of hammers... Or are the hammers shared between boards? If so, I'm definitely saving them for board 3.

I'm curious, are the Challenge board hammers specific for the board they appear next to? I've only got like 4 squares left on board 2 and I have 3 hammers; should I use them all on the last squares? This seems like a lot of hammers... Or are the hammers shared between boards? If so, I'm definitely saving them for board 3.

Every hammer on each challenge board is specific to that one board. So use them if you need them.

Edit: Doesn't this Smash have more hammers than Brawl and Melee?

Edited by Ace Gamer

I literally just did it with Ike using the method I suggested. You should really be getting rid of the hands before he even has a chance to use the cards, but avoiding them shouldn't be all that difficult. If you're having problems with that, I'm going to have to say you shouldn't be trying Classic on 9.0 just yet.

Wow, making fun of my skill makes me feel so much better.

Anyway, this game technically DOES have more hammers, but as stated, you can only use three on each board.

Wow, making fun of my skill makes me feel so much better.

I was trying to say it in as light of a way as possible and I most definitely was not "making fun" of your skills. If you can't do it, then you can't do it, and there's only so much one can sugarcoat that. Don't give up, just get better.

imo the best way to beat Master Core fast is to use +atk equipment

Was able to knock each of the Master Core phases out in a handful of Lightning Kicks from Zelda.

i just noticed that there's no system for tags in this game. it doesn't matter much, but i really miss it for some reason.

I was trying to say it in as light of a way as possible and I most definitely was not "making fun" of your skills. If you can't do it, then you can't do it, and there's only so much one can sugarcoat that. Don't give up, just get better.

You say that like it's the easiest thing in the world. Except it's not. Besides, I just don't seem to get better at this game no matter what I do. Believe me, I've tried.

You must not be trying hard enough to improve. I sucked hard at this game when I started, but I've surely been getting better. I've been told as much. It just takes patience and effort.

You say that like it's the easiest thing in the world.

i dunno how you got that from what she originally said

You just gotta git gud. Don't let the game beat you. Beat it with dat maybe nerfed but not really but kinda really nerfed Ike or something.

And just get through the AI opponents well enough to keep your two stocks and react accordingly to the Hands if it is the boss at the highest difficulty being the jerks.

You have two stocks for every battle, so that's not a problem~

I've found that dodge rolling helps when Master Hand uses the cards, or just clinging to the edge when he whips them out.

Edited by Kon

You have two stocks for every battle, so that's not a problem~

I've found that dodge rolling helps when Master Hand uses the cards, or just clinging to the edge when he whips them out.

Dodge rolling doesn't go off the edge when you're already on a card

imo either run to the side so that you don't stay on a card long enough to be carried away, or like you said, edgehog ~the entire time