SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I was gonna talk about how hype I am after watching the direct (and missing like the first ten minutes of class) but words can't really do it justice

like there may have been things I wasn't thrilled with but wow. so hype.

Lucina: Princess of Ylisse

I'm expecting Lucina to be something like "Princess of a Bleak Future" or something like that.

she has a title in Awakening itself

"Foreseer"

I think it'd work pretty well j/s

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad most of the stages they brought to the Wii U version are stages that I really like.

75m is still a big why.jpg for me

My thought exactly. The one in the spoiler.

Worst stage I've ever had to play on. Whenever I'm forced to fight there in All-Star mode in Brawl, I just stand there and wait until the enemies have killed themselves.

I haven't seen the direct yet. Don't have the time right now. So, are there any cool new DK-stages? I want to experience my favorite game-soundtrack on something that isn't... Rumble Falls. >.>

Edit: Okay, I've seen it. Question has been answered. Yes. <3

I've actually just recently played Melee again just to see how Mewtwo was. His moveset surely is interesting. I'm pretty content, as long as he isn't as sucky as in Melee.

But the best part about him is really the possibility of more DLC.

Edited by Nova

Ike: Radiant Hero

Marth: Hero King (or Prince of Altea)

Zelda: Princess of Hyrule

Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom (if it fits)

Lucina: Princess of Ylisse

Link: Legendary Hero (TP Link was never actually given an official title, so...)

Toon Link: Hero of Winds

Ganondorf: King of Evil

I kind of think Link will be called the Hero of Time.... though I think that mostly fits OoT Link. Hero of Hyrule might be more fitting.

I think Robin might be called High Deliverer or Prodigous Tactician.

Peach will probably be called Princess Toadstool or Mushroom Kingdom Princess.

Lucina should be called The Exalted Princess or something. Princess of Ylisse sounds too simple.

Melee Link was the Hero of Time from OoT and MM.

Brawl and SSB4 Links are from Twilight Princess, but I'm not sure what his title would be from that.

Hero of the Twilight Realm?

Link's title likely won't reference anything from a specific game. "Hero of Hyrule" is probably a safe guess.

Or it could be something completely unexpected. I like the sound of "Mute Hero" myself.

Maybe not "mute" because that implies he can't/won't make any sounds, when we know he's all about the shouting and grunting. Also according to the wiki, he's heard using certain phrases like "come on" in Wind Waker.

Maybe "Hyrule's Warrior" would fit in quite nicely.

Maybe not "mute" because that implies he can't/won't make any sounds, when we know he's all about the shouting and grunting. Also according to the wiki, he's heard using certain phrases like "come on" in Wind Waker.

He says full sentences in Zelda II. Though there's no one around so he could just as easily be thinking to himself.

Link can totally speak. "Come on!" is just the only voiced line but he occasional gets to say lines chosen by the player.

Wind Waker was particular colorful. When catching the thief redhanded, Link can for example declare himself an "ally of justice".

Edited by BrightBow

Quoting from the Wiki, regarding TP Link:

"This Link sometimes is given the fan nickname "Hero of Light," because his deeds involve restoring light to the land as well as the "Hero of Twilight" as he is spoken of in Twili prophecy as noted by Midna. Despite this nickname, this incarnation of Link is given the title "Hero Chosen by the Gods"."

Looking back at the last two pages, Kid Icarus is really the ONLY non-Star Fox series that would make sense to bring back Snake's Codecs. It's probably the best feature in Uprising. And yes, I would love to see Hades jump into some bantering as well, because, well, he's Smooth-Talker Hades!

Looking back at the last two pages, Kid Icarus is really the ONLY non-Star Fox series that would make sense to bring back Snake's Codecs. It's probably the best feature in Uprising. And yes, I would love to see Hades jump into some bantering as well, because, well, he's Smooth-Talker Hades!

Doc from Punch Out could give advice like in the original game, Link could have Navi/Fi/Tael/Tetra give him hints on how to defeat the enemy, Samus could have Adam Malkovi- actually scratch that last one.

Doc from Punch Out could give advice like in the original game, Link could have Navi/Fi/Tael/Tetra give him hints on how to defeat the enemy, Samus could have Adam Malkovi- actually scratch that last one.

Most of those examples would indeed give advice but they would miss the more important point of the Codec Conversations. The Banter!

Some gameplay footages from gamexplain of the Wii U version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDw9iImsIok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBGtqubeqg

They have uploaded many other Smash Wii U Direct videos in their channel.

Including, Mario Circuit, Yoshi's Wooly World, Jungle Hijinx, Kalos League, Wrecking Crew.

Edited by kingddd

Some gameplay footages from gamexplain of the Wii U version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDw9iImsIok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBGtqubeqg

They have uploaded many other Smash Wii U Direct videos in their channel.

Including, Mario Circuit, Yoshi's Wooly World, Jungle Hijinx, Kalos League, Wrecking Crew.

woh in your sig does that show fredrick making an appearance in the paultena pit convo's?