SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

And Ana, if you don't know the meaning of the word, why not just Google it?

Because I know the meaning of the words, I'm just confused at how they relate to Luigi.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I know the meaning of the words, I'm just confused at how they relate to Luigi.

Because he tends to be in Mario's shadow and is usually seen as the lesser Mario Brother in-game? :\

Because he tends to be in Mario's shadow and is usually seen as the lesser Mario Brother in-game? :\

Maybe I've misunderstood what the word "understudy" meant then. Because I didn't know it meant this.

I might be wrong as well, but since people often see Luigi as being in Mario's shadow, to them it may seem as if he tends to just learn from his older brother, only to be outdone at each turn so he can't quite catch up.

I might be wrong as well, but since people often see Luigi as being in Mario's shadow, to them it may seem as if he tends to just learn from his older brother, only to be outdone at each turn so he can't quite catch up.

Basically a butt monkey?

But Luigi has outdone Mario in some things. He's always had a better jump, for example. And in Smash, Luigi tends to have more power. :P

But Luigi has outdone Mario in some things. He's always had a better jump, for example. And in Smash, Luigi tends to have more power. :P

That may be, but Mario's exploits far outweigh Luigi's. Just because he's better at some things, doesn't mean that he's as well-known to the characters of the games. Heck, there are so many games that have the characters not even recognize Luigi or even recall his name and if they do, they often compare him to Mario.

True, and that's something I never liked. Poor Luigi... This comic I saw on DA once illustrated the guy's situation perfectly. With him being left in the dust while Mario got all the praise and credit. It ended really sweet though, with Mario still going in to thank Luigi and give him a hug and be a good brother after all.

Also, posts like this are what annoy me. I saw it on DA as well:

Robin's final smash should be a combination of all his elemental tomes, Chrom should be playable frown.gif screw Ike and Marth! Chrom is the main character of the most recent game!

Such ignorance and cluelessness here. Marth is the face of FE and Ike is more relevant to FE and Smash than Chrom could ever be. And Chrom isn't the only main character of Awakening. Robin is a main character too and is obviously much more different from Ike and Marth than Chrom is. I'm still surprised that so many people expected Chrom to be playable at all, let alone replace Ike or Marth. Ike "replaced" Roy in Brawl, but this was the only time such a thing has occurred with FE in Smash. There's no pattern here or anything. Awakening fans just make me sick sometimes. They act like that game is all that matters and no other FE games exist.

Some people like certain characters better than others. If they feel Chrom would be a better fit than Ike, let them be. A single opinion shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the game.

That's just one bad apple Ana. Don't judge the entire Awakening fandom for his/her comment.

It's not even a bad apple. Just a person with a different view on things.

Edited by Jave

Chillax chickadee, it's more of a matter of what they know than anything. Well, in a lot of the recent cases. They have a point in that Chrom is the MC of the most recent game, because he kind of is. A lot of the newer fans are also only familiar with Awakening and the characters from it, so Marth and Ike aren't as relevent to them.

It's just simple bias, something you are definitely familiar with. It certainly doesn't make them wrong for wanting a character they want over others they don't really care for. ~o3o~

Yep. Awakening was, for many players, their first FE after all. Such biases are to be expected.

As an Ike fan, I'd gladly welcome Chrom into Smash Bros., though Robin is a better choice as his unique characteristics help to diversify FE representation in the franchise. This decision, along with Lucina's inclusion, has done away with many of the western audience's perception that the premise of FE revolves around "blue-haired sword-wielders" as well as the franchise being forever confined to having at most two representatives.

^-^

ike is like, equally important to chrom due to what fe14 will likely be anyway.

And Ana, your argument that "Chrom wasn't the only main character" is rubbish, considering Micaiah's on the box of Radiant Dawn, and Elincia is incredibly integral, to the point of basically be the Lucina to Ike's Chrom and Micaiah's Robin.

MICAIAH SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BEFORE THAT AWFUL IKE JUST FYI

Maybe I've misunderstood what the word "understudy" meant then. Because I didn't know it meant this.

When i saw Understudy, i thought in terms of a Play/Performance, where the backup to the lead role is called the Understudy

Yeah, but it sounded like you were saying that Mario outdid Luigi in everything, which isn't true, as I pointed out.

Luigi's out -done mario in like three things. Mario typically runs the spotlight.

Why isn't Shulk "Heir to the Monado?" Meh, no biggie.

I'm really liking the soundtrack so far. The title remix for Metroid, Shadow Man Remix and the Emblem Meeting medley are some of my favourites.

ike is like, equally important to chrom due to what fe14 will likely be anyway.

And Ana, your argument that "Chrom wasn't the only main character" is rubbish, considering Micaiah's on the box of Radiant Dawn, and Elincia is incredibly integral, to the point of basically be the Lucina to Ike's Chrom and Micaiah's Robin.

MICAIAH SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BEFORE THAT AWFUL IKE JUST IMO

But Ike was a main character in his own game first, two games plus DLC in Awakening and in a previous Smash Bros game, Chrom has only been in one game in which he was one of many main characters. Not that I dislike Chrom, I'm sure they could have made a great moveset out of him, they probably could have made a good moveset out of Lucina too but instead :(

Also fixed the post.

EDIT: ^Betting it was GameStop.

Edited by Knight

That's just one bad apple Ana. Don't judge the entire Awakening fandom for his/her comment.

I'm not judging the whole fanbase, just some of them. That's why I said "sometimes." xP

Also, Robin is more of a main character than Micaiah is and Micaiah is still a main character anyway. Unlike Micaiah, Robin is used in every chapter and can deal the final blow to the Endgame boss. :P

GameXplain uploaded all the Punch-Out! character aliases and it is absolutely glorious.

THIS IS GIVING ME SO MUCH LIFE!

Master of Two Dimensions

Omnivore of the Year

Scoundrel with the Fart of Gold

Bark, Quack, Boom

Gunner of Many Faces fits my Loki mii.

9b7bf5e927b0804323637dfc28836ecc.png

Subspace Emissary is canon...?

dafac0fd8a3be7804e5fa60ae0b61745.png

OF PAIN! This one is probably my ultimate favorite out of the lot, that isnt Wario's.

wtf am i even looking at here?

There's more: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lso5z/the_ten_year_old_girl_destroying_top_players_in/clxvmay

I wouldn't be surprised if the professional Smasher behind the scenes was Mew2King. (Simply because he's one of the best Smashers interested in Smash 4, so I could see him schooling everyone like this)

Edited by Monado Boy