SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

;/

And I've been busy composing replay stuff after my game ate 99% of my data yesterday. The fuck?

Do you think that the update is what ate your replays and stuff then? I didn't know if you had ran the update or not ?

if you have digital you could just back everything up, including the unpatched smash bros

j/s

That's nice for people who don't have the cart :o

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this update fixes Robin or ZSS and Peach so the latter two don't have infinite combos on the former anymore.

I'm sad that I'll lose my replay data though, I won't get to watch my Ike slug the sandbag over 3000 feet. :( I guess I'll have to get another replay where he does so...

Edited by Anacybele

The Star Fox voices sound the same to me, just aged 15-20 years. I know for a fact Fox's is the same one from 64.

There's also the fact the voices aren't nearly as compressed as the N64 voices.

Glad FE4 and 5 got some small representation finally in the Meeting Theme Medley. And FE4 in the Coliseum Series Medley.

Also Tearing Shadows isn't in the Mystery of the Emblem Medley because it's not New Mystery of the Emblem. It's just FE3.

Do you think that the update is what ate your replays and stuff then? I didn't know if you had ran the update or not ?

The update wasn't even announced when my game data got ate. And I remembered that I accidentally removed the game cartridge when SSB4 was running because I thought it was off, and I suspect that may be the cause.

Bring back Ike's Quickdraw Jab cancel.

Bring back Princess Peach's air kick.

Replacing it with rainbow makes her hard to use effectively. -.-

I'm calling it now: Robin's wonky footstool physics will finally be fixed in 1.0.4. That means no more 0-death footstool infinite combos for anyone!

Bring back Princess Peach's air kick.

Replacing it with rainbow makes her hard to use effectively. -.-

It's not that bad. I do miss her kick, but I feel like the rainbow fits "Peach" and her personality. Peach's kick had high knockback with the heel, which was GREAT for high percentages, but if it was a low percentage, it would be easy for the opponent to just escape without being combo'd. And if anything, I feel like the rainbow is better for her, cause I can finally combo out of it (hard with kick having a small hitbox) with D-throw > U-Air > Up-B.

Though now that I think of it, it might've just been my inability to aim properly with that thing. But the rainbow does deal a good amount of damage, despite having (compared to the kick) low knockback.

Her rainbow has a pretty big hitbox, and imo, it's pretty good on stages like Gaur Plains and Tomodachi Life (top of the stage).

The saddest realization about Super Smash Bros. that I have ever had is that players, only professional ones, note, got mad because a glitch was removed. A glitch.

no. i'll assume that you're talking about wavedashing. it's an exploit, not a glitch. you use an air dodge which moves you, and do it immediately after you jump, and still keep the air dodge's movement. it should be simple to grasp. for future reference, it's not a good idea to talk about something that you don't know about.

edit: it was also another movement option, which is kinda realllllllllllly nice to have and gave the game that much more depth. so no, it's probably unfortunate that it's gone, if anything.

[spoiler=a real glitch]http://youtu.be/pkE1qij0YDQ?t=3m26s

Edited by Comet

no. i'll assume that you're talking about wavedashing. it's an exploit, not a glitch. you use an air dodge which moves you, and do it immediately after you jump, and still keep the air dodge's movement. it should be simple to grasp. for future reference, it's not a good idea to talk about something that you don't know about.

edit: it was also another movement option, which is kinda realllllllllllly nice to have and gave the game that much more depth. so no, it's probably unfortunate that it's gone, if anything.

[spoiler=a real glitch]http://youtu.be/pkE1qij0YDQ?t=3m26s

Well what do you define a glitch as? Because the way I see it is an overlooked or untested feature that leads to a strange result unintended by the developers. I don't see how the Black Hole Glitch is any more a glitch than Wave Dashing, which is using aerial movement for ground game, clearly something that was not intended to be a feature since it was removed. Whether that removal was good or bad is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned but I'm going to call a spade a spade.

Well what do you define a glitch as? Because the way I see it is an overlooked or untested feature that leads to a strange result unintended by the developers. I don't see how the Black Hole Glitch is any more a glitch than Wave Dashing, which is using aerial movement for ground game, clearly something that was not intended to be a feature since it was removed. Whether that removal was good or bad is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned but I'm going to call a spade a spade.

Wave-dashing was removed because Sakurai wanted to make Brawl an entirely casual game. He knew about wave-dashing during the development of Melee. They removed L-canceling for the same reason.

along with what shulk said, from the may 2008 nintendo power: Sakurai: Of course, we noticed that you could do that during the development period.

Just noticing it doesn't stop it being a glitch. As far as I can see it was unintentional that they did see but decided not to do anything about. It is an abuse of the game's mechanics. You're doing one thing and tricking the game into thinking your doing something else so to speak. But whether it's a glitch or not really is just semantics. It's something that was removed just like Roy and we'll have to live with it for better or for worse.

Anyone ever use the sell equipment feature whenever you customize your fighter? Sure they sell for chump change, but to any badges that you don't need or are somewhat useless like the negative effect ones, multiple copies(They still can say new even after you've already gotten it!) and low stat ones. It makes for some easy profit to make possibly a few hundred coins for.