SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I see no reason to believe Chrom's status as playable character went any further than "considered." Lots of NPCs have good models. The idea that Robin replaced Chrom somewhere down the line is just stretching.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't tell Shin to rename his own thread! That's rude! >:(

Chrom DLC would be amazing though.

Although I've recently discovered that the series I REALLY want in SSB is Etrian Odyssey.

I would not be on board for Chrom DLC because there are multiple other Nintendo characters and Fire Emblem characters that would be more unique and deserving of joining than him.

I'm still part of the camp that feels regardless of the circumstances of their inclusion Chrom should've been playable before Lucina (and yes, I know Lucina had nothing to do with Chrom not being playable, I'm just not okay with the second and third protagonists being in before the main one), so that's one reason I want Chrom.

If we had to get an FE character, I actually want someone from the GBA era. And I actually can't think of anyone that I personally want as DLC minus an EO character, so that's where I'm coming from.

Aw I thought this was a new thread/announcement. '

I remember last year people speculated that Chrom would replace Ike the same way Ike did for Roy. Sooo glad that didn't happen.

Edited by Radiant head

Aw I thought this was a new thread/announcement. '

I remember last year people speculated that Chrom would replace Ike the same way Ike did for Roy. Sooo glad that didn't happen.

You and me both. If Chrom did become DLC I would be for it I mean for one I'd look forward to how they make him different from the others and hey another FE character is always nice. But it does raise the question of who else could they possibly introduce. Only ones I can think off the top of my head are Midna (although shes an assist), Krystal, Lucas, and Wolf.

What would be a bigger controversy would be if they brought Roy back (which will never happen)

I agree with Red Fox. Other Nintendo and FE characters deserve to join more than Chrom.

I'm also by no means a Chrom fan though.

EDIT: Well, Jedi, the thread title was going to lead to something.

Edited by Anacybele

Lets not start this argument again please.

FFS, this.

Not gonna lie, id like a third party character coming in for DLC if possible. Someone like Simon Belmont. I want Daisy first, but Simon...i could dig a Simon.

Yay discussions and salt!

I'm really indifferent wrt Chrom being playable. I'd prefer an FE7 lord like Lyn.

Also imo, best dlc would be sakurai giving us more pokemon and making Gardevoir playable along with Mewtwo.

FFS, this.

Not gonna lie, id like a third party character coming in for DLC if possible. Someone like Simon Belmont. I want Daisy first, but Simon...i could dig a Simon.

YES! YES! YES! and more Yes this! Make it happen Ninty.

If Chrom gets to be DLC, he should use Lances to make him different from the others and his Final Smash with a lance should be a critical strike like with Marth and Lucina, but with a Lance. Chrom should get an amiibo so he can join the Code Name S.T.E.A.M game. Which I will buy because I'm so excited that Fire Emblem is getting more love now. Which was long overdue. We may get the IC after Nintendo new 3DS comes out on Feb 15th. We know that we'll get more than one DLC character since Nintendo is already hard at work on Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Marth's animation showed NES Wrys when he did his critical strike. Were just glad that the series is getting more love now as it has been shunned for a long time! Not that Nintendo ever bothers doing R.P.G's much in our area. Were very lucky to get Xenoblade Chronicles. But...Chrom could possibly be a DLC choice even though that every other lord's chances are alot slimmer because of having none of their games and that they are not well known enough.