SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

The sooner, the better. I want a Palutena amiibo NOW. I was so disappointed she wasn't in wave 4.

Good luck getting her when she's announced

But seriously I'm betting she'll be one of those ones that's sold out in pre-orders within the first ten minutes...

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some time in March is pretty likely judging by the FE character compatibility in Code Name: Steam. Those seem to be lined up intentionally.

No shit.

That's why I had to order my Marth amiibo in advance.

Edited by PuffPuff

Hey theres a 3DS Smush update.

Woo

The fun part is: No forced upgrading to New 3DS. Woo!

The downer is that replays are wiped again. D:

"Hey I can share replays now! Good thing I have a bunch of funny For Fun replays lying around. What do you mean they're all incompatible with this version?"

someone made a list of all the loading screen tips in SSB4U

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/all-the-tips-in-smash-4-wii-u/

cool

also I am HYPED for custom moves at EVO

Oh nice, I do love all the trivia.

Also its funny, with custom moves being legalized.. I need to RE-train at smash 4. lol

"Hey I can share replays now! Good thing I have a bunch of funny For Fun replays lying around. What do you mean they're all incompatible with this version?"

Yea this is the dumbest shit ever

I'm so gladd I can share all of the Replays i've accumulated except I can't because they're not compatible with the sharing, so I can't even watch them at my leisure ughhhh

Yea this is the dumbest shit ever

I'm so gladd I can share all of the Replays i've accumulated except I can't because they're not compatible with the sharing, so I can't even watch them at my leisure ughhhh

I agree that its stupid :/. Like only people with capture cards and foreknowledge got to keep their replays lol.

I don't have a capture card and I still record my stuff with poverty cameras. And I find the general quality of that stuff to be more than acceptable.

COMPETITIVE PLAY IS SAVED!

I've been following Ampharos' project for months now and I'm so excited to see it may actually happen.

Get ready for your Superspeed and Lightweight training Doofina.

my favorite part about that whole thing - besides the whole "YES customs in EVO" - is how Mr. Wizard was just "no we're not doing custom moves it's too much work for us organizers"

and then someone just points out the custom moveset project

and then suddenly it's a non-issue

sort of a "if EVO can do it, and the TO isn't really a Smash guy at all, what's anyone else's excuse?" thing

It's not like it's a simple matter of "Hey let's allow customs."

They had to come up with a solution that was a result of having specific resources, including both hardware and collected data (the specific movesets that will be made).

It sounds like someone wanted customs badly enough to find the best solution. Definitely cool, but you can't really blame other TOs for not getting to it sooner.

Get ready for your Superspeed and Lightweight training Doofina.

Other people here play as Palutena? Why haven't we fought yet?

I haven't gotten to play around with customs as much as I'd like to. What's so good about super speed?

Other people here play as Palutena? Why haven't we fought yet?

I haven't gotten to play around with customs as much as I'd like to. What's so good about super speed?

You can cancel out of it into another move. So you can slide Up Smash, rush dair, etc. Lightweight also makes her a aerial warrior of craziness.

It's not like it's a simple matter of "Hey let's allow customs."

They had to come up with a solution that was a result of having specific resources, including both hardware and collected data (the specific movesets that will be made).

It sounds like someone wanted customs badly enough to find the best solution. Definitely cool, but you can't really blame other TOs for not getting to it sooner.

this is kind of what I said?

I was saying that it was cool that once these things were put together, and he had knowledge of their existence, Mr. Wizard was entirely cool with them

and I wasn't blaming other TOs for not getting to it sooner, I was more saying now that one has done it, it's much harder to drag one's feet and insist it's unworkable

So apparently there has been a recent patch for the 3DS? I've heard that Links Jab combo and Palutenas super speed momentum canceling are gone. As well as a Lucario nerf?

Can anyone confirm.

Well, the patch does make old replays incompatible. So I would assume there have to be some changes in regards to gameplay.

I got the impression they improved the AI. Currently playing a few rounds in Gerudo Valley and it seems like those guys are now smart enough to recover from below the bridge and to stay away from the side that is attacked by the witches.

Edit: Also, if you play solo Smash Mode, the character select screen now assumes a 2-player match as opposed to a 3-player match. A small but very welcome change.

Edited by BrightBow

I haven't downloaded the patch yet (busy camcording replays again), but I heard that some custom specials were altered to be more on par with their Wii U counterpart.