SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I kind of hope it's fake. I don't really want Roy back, nor do I want another FE rep at all until the next game. Four is a good number and I don't want to see a bunch of complaints that the series is overrepped. Heck, some people already did make this complaint with the four we have.

Not to mention that imo, Zelda and DK are more deserving of new reps right now.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would welcome Roy back, considering I voted for him and all. As for a series being "over-represented", I don't care about whether or not certain series' characters over-saturating the roster. If the characters are aesthetically pleasing and work well in the game, I wouldn't care if half the SSB4 cast was literally Mario series characters.

Roy's our boy.

I kind of hope it's fake. I don't really want Roy back, nor do I want another FE rep at all until the next game. Four is a good number and I don't want to see a bunch of complaints that the series is overrepped. Heck, some people already did make this complaint with the four we have.

Maybe we should cut Ike to keep a good number.

In all honesty, people want him back and I don't see how it'd be detrimental. The reddit link is pretty interesting though, especially since the guy seems to be pretty legit.

Fake or not, people wanting him back and him being easy to make probably makes for a good combination. After all, people need to want to pay extra money just for this guy. So I'd say that he has good chances.

But freaking Ryu, I find harder to imagine. It would be obviously possible due to Capcom being already involved but that would introduce an entirely new franchise.

Edited by BrightBow

As I said in the smash chat, if Roy does come back, I hope they give him a long range attack to make him more different from Marth. it would really shake up his playstyle and it's something he has in his own game anyway

Also I hope they give him this down aerial

https://youtu.be/9xTX49mHqb0?t=32s

because, whether the original hacker knew it or not, it's a nice reference to Alm's attack he used to defeat Doma with another dragons sealing sword.

Edited by Jotari

I have mewtwo and... he's remarkably underwhelming. Lots of endlag everywhere.

Roy coming back would be great but confusing considering the koopaling.

Is there patch notes regarding buffs/nerfs? Also, anyone able to use their Wii U code yet?

Roy's our boy.

Is this the reasoning you used in the smash ballot?

Edited by Tsunami922

Zelda has more reps than Fire Emblem.

We have jap Marth so I'm sure we're fine.

I only bring it up because I am saddened by the fact that I play on the Wii U, knowing the Japanese voice and language files are actually on the Wii U disc...

And yet cannot access them because you cannot select "Japanese" on the Wii U system settings.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Interesting update indeed I won't be able to get internet on my Wii U or 3DS until mid May so I'm glad the code doesn't expire until 7/31.

Also Ryu potentially being in Smash? Freakin awesome. As long as they keep his signature sayings with his moves. I mean it could just be a bgm for stages but seriously how cool would it be to fight to his theme in smash? Just listen to this.

Also Roy? I know its not confirmed but can't say I expected anything to be found on him.

Zelda has more reps than Fire Emblem.

So? Fire Emblem is a more niche series and Zelda has not gotten a true newcomer since Melee. Toon Link is just another version of Link, just as Young Link was.

Roy wouldn't even bring anything unique to the game anymore since he'd just be yet another sword wielder and Ike has the flaming sword thing now. If Sakurai really wants another FE rep, he should go for Ephraim, imo. Then we'd have some real unique GBA FE representation.

Lack of unique characteristics is exactly why Chrom wasn't made playable and Sakurai would be entirely hypocritical and going against his criteria if he brought Roy back.

Edited by Anacybele

So? Fire Emblem is a more niche series and Zelda has not gotten a true newcomer since Melee. Toon Link is just another version of Link, just as Young Link was.

Roy wouldn't even bring anything unique to the game anymore since he'd just be yet another sword wielder and Ike has the flaming sword thing now. If Sakurai really wants another FE rep, he should go for Ephraim, imo. Then we'd have some real unique GBA FE representation.

Lack of unique characteristics is exactly why Chrom wasn't made playable and Sakurai would be entirely hypocritical and going against his criteria if he brought Roy back.

For all we know, Roy could be retooled entirely. Those who have played FE6 know what Roy is capable of doing when he wields the Binding Blade, which in case you don't know, is a two-range weapon.