SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'll say that most of the popular 3rd party characters have now considerably better chances of being in.

Rayman in particular I can see happening.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they put the Midgard stage on the 3DS version as well. Of course it's not going to be as flashy, but I'd prefer new characters to have their homestages available on both versions.

the official website refers to the DLC as "Cloud + Midgar Stage", and then shows empty price tags for both Wii U and 3DS, which implies that like Ryu, it'll be on both versions and will come with the character.

So how does Clouds Limit Break mechanic work in smash.

in FF7 it gradually filled, and filled more when you got hit, if its like that. It would be a bit too much like Little Mac, but in the trailer it shows him charging, I can only wonder how it works.

I think you hold down-B to charge it up, since we didn't see anything else that looked like it could be down-B except a limit-break move.

We saw Finishing Touch as his Down B, in the Limit Break segment yeah vs Roy and Link, but I'm not sure it would also be a charge move, kinda weird if it was.

I hope the December characters are just as lovely as Cloud was to me. Hoping for Bandana Dee/Magolor and then maybe Inklings or Shovel Knight or something. I'm probably even going to main Cloud with Shulk and Villager. I've also been experimenting with Olimar and Wii Fit Trainer.

But on another note, Sakurai kind of owes me a Kirby character thanks to the sorry state of this series' Kirby stages.

I mean, Great Cave Offensive in 2014 instead of Halcandra or something?

I mean, Dream Land GB in 2014 instead of Eternal Dreamland or something?

The music was also really old until The World to Win, but please let CROWNED and Moonstruck Blossom be in the game.

I'm thinking we're only going to be getting third party characters and returning veterans from the ballot.

Also I'm fairly certain someone more hype than Cloud is coming. I'm just not sure who.

I'm thinking we're only going to be getting third party characters and returning veterans from the ballot.

Also I'm fairly certain someone more hype than Cloud is coming. I'm just not sure who.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure how they can top it, Cloud is a pretty big deal.

The only character I feel can generate more hype is Banjo-Kazooie.

Banjo would be a pretty big "Whooooa", but is that whooooa factor as much as Cloud? In some ways it would be like YES RARE/MICROSOFT ALLOWED IT, but while Banjo does have its followers and is a mostly amazing series.

I don't get the same amount of "wow" from it, if that makes sense?

I agree with you, but I'm not sure how they can top it, Cloud is a pretty big deal.

Goku

Maybe multiple characters will be revelead, that could generate a lot of hype.

Edited by Water Mage

Goku

Maybe multiple characters will be revelead, that could generate a lot of hype.

It'll be the last 2 characters, the EU direct revealed that December is likely the end of Smash 4 dlc in its entirety.

I think Banjo would bring a lot of surprise and hype, because then he'll finally be back properly on a Nintendo console.

Long time Nintendo fans like me love Banjo. Banjo was one of the icons of the N64, he was near Mario and Link on strategy guides, and his games were praised by everyone; the BK duology were milestones which were part of the 64's small but excellent pedigree I mean, catalogue of games.

He was born on a Nintendo console, and comes from the same universe as Donkey Kong (his first appearence in Diddy Kong Racing which is part of DK canon), too.

It would be like going back to your old, nostalgic home.

Now, if he was also announced alongside a Virtual Console release of BK and BT, that would make me jolly.

So I was watching Gameexplains analysis of Cloud and they brought up something interesting I didn't consider.

I thought when he used "Finishing Touch" it was a down b of sorts, but as they see it. It shares a resemblance to the uppercut he uses on Shulk earlier in the trailer which is his up smash.

So maybe, his smashes also have limit forms?

I'm thinking it semi works like Little Macs KO punch, but instead of just the KO Uppercut, all his specials and smashes get a suped up variant, but he can only use it once. Because when I saw the trailer It looks like when you use one move after the limit is activated it goes away. Kinda like how FF7 Limits work.

Only evidence I have is that they had to cut to different scenes to show the various limits.

You're wrong, Cloud's limits are actually just a placebo. The limit gauge you see is just photoshopped by Soccer Guy's goons.

But if it was real, I'd hope it'd be a little more interesting than a clone of Little Mac's gimmick.

Lol totally Placebo :P:

Also I found some pictures on the Smash Wiki, I assume from the Japanese Site, as the Western one doesn't have a Cloud Page yet

X6JlPs0.jpg

XBO76Ua.jpg

1cLZjsn.jpg

JaqjX73.jpg

8DdU1Rs.jpg

JBTcQRj.jpg

hG8dteM.jpg

Only Goku can beat Cloud hype. Literally no one expected (in my case wanted) Cloud to be in Smash 4 because he's more of a PS character. Fan service at its finest.

It's cool how Cloud got into Smash Bros before PlayStation All Stars, despite definitely being more of a PS character.