SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stuff Japan gets are things Japan makes. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff in the Western World that Japan doesn't get easily. It just happens to be less games and is more books and movies. The fact that Japan is catering towards it's home market makes sense since that's literally where it's being made. We're not naturally entitled or deserve anything made in Japan and likewise they have no claim to entitlement for anything made over here. We should consider ourselves lucky that we live in an era where we can get media being produced on the literal opposite side of the planet instead of bitchin about the paltry stuff we don't get. I can nearly guarantee any exclusive merchandise or gameplay feature in a game that appeals towards a certain audience has a mindset driven by money and not nationalism. The stuff that isn't released over here simply isn't released because the market researchers don't believe they'll make acceptable profit margins, or that profit margins will be higher if something is rarer.

Edited by Jotari

Yeah, you're right, admittedly. Except western fans are more entitled to the bias complaint because of how much stuff Japan gets that never see western stores.

Gonna say it right here:

No one is entitled to anything. If you don't like it, don't fund Japanese companies who release games.

Yeah, you're right, admittedly. Except western fans are more entitled to the bias complaint because of how much stuff Japan gets that never see western stores.

Fair warning:

It's comments like these that give communities a bad reputation.

Damn, didn't mean for my comment to give the wrong idea, that really wasn't my intention. Sorry for this.

All meant to say that both sides of the fandom, the japanese and the western, has their bad habits, and that we make seem like the japanese fandom is so different from the western fandom, when in reality they are very similar, I mean, of course there are core differences, but still.

Maybe I should have explained myself better, sorry again.

Edited by Water Mage

It's not any one persons fault tbh, its just the general topic snowballs really fast.

So who is planning on using Cloud on his launch?

-raises hand-

It's not any one persons fault tbh, its just the general topic snowballs really fast.

-raises hand-

:Soldier:

It's a soldier...Get it?

-raises hand-

I will to try him out.

Still wondering if Villager can pocket blade beam lol. It may be more awkward than other projectiles to steal.

Edited by Jedi

Nobody is entitled to anything, period.

Still wondering if Villager can pocket blade beam lol. It may be more awkward than other projectiles to steal.

how?

how?

I'm thinking you have to grab the center of the Blade Beam to grab it, but maybe i'm just uneducated on Villager despite fighting Jamntoast a few times.

Also I wonder if Clouds Limit Break Blade Beam is gradable too.

I'm thinking you have to grab the center of the Blade Beam to grab it, but maybe i'm just uneducated on Villager despite fighting Jamntoast a few times.

Also I wonder if Clouds Limit Break Blade Beam is gradable too.

If Villager can pocket Elwind, I'm convinced they can pocket anything. Along with its own tree

Edited by Noburu

I know, it's just that I noticed something interesting about the behavior of the japanese fandom.

When there's something they don't like, some are quick to say that creators of the game are trying appeal the west.

In the same way that when there's something some western fans, they're a quick to say that the creators of the game are trying to appeal Japan.

In the end, both western and eastern fandoms are no different, it's very interesting.

I find this annoying but only when they're going to consider a localization like with Fates or XenoChronicles X. An example: Cammy from Street Fighter was confirmed a while back for SF5 and Japan hated the fact that she didn't look Japanese, despite her being British. So they changed her look completely to be more cutesy, and a butthurt load of the Japan people are actually considering buying the game because of that pandering. I just don't get it. It's one of the best fighting games that's going to be played across the world, so why try to attract more Japanese when they can get so much more from the west. I don't get it.

Isn't the west the main reason why Awakening sold so much, why Smash Bros. get's it's massive fandom and hype, and where Nintendo and even Japanese games get most its money? I mean, compared to Japan, the west is like: UK, Australia, US, etc.

Again, I just don't get it.

The stuff Japan gets are things Japan makes. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff in the Western World that Japan doesn't get easily. It just happens to be less games and is more books and movies. The fact that Japan is catering towards it's home market makes sense since that's literally where it's being made. We're not naturally entitled or deserve anything made in Japan and likewise they have no claim to entitlement for anything made over here. We should consider ourselves lucky that we live in an era where we can get media being produced on the literal opposite side of the planet instead of bitchin about the paltry stuff we don't get. I can nearly guarantee any exclusive merchandise or gameplay feature in a game that appeals towards a certain audience has a mindset driven by money and not nationalism. The stuff that isn't released over here simply isn't released because the market researchers don't believe they'll make acceptable profit margins, or that profit margins will be higher if something is rarer.

Except I'm talking strictly about game stuff. And things like special versions/editions of games and merchandise that never come out here even though the game itself does get released. Like that Hyrule Warriors collector's edition that came with the scarf and stuff. I wanted it so bad, but it never came here. The scarf did, but only in fucking Nintendo World.

Edited by Anacybele

He can pocket every projectile so far, plus Zelda's phantom. Don't see why he couldn't. (Also, the "pocket" move has inward green swirls on the animation, and from the few times I've pulled it off, it seems that close projectiles are drawn in and pocketed.)

He can pocket every projectile so far, plus Zelda's phantom. Don't see why he couldn't. (Also, the "pocket" move has inward green swirls on the animation, and from the few times I've pulled it off, it seems that close projectiles are drawn in and pocketed.)

Yeah, I was having a derp moment there, which is sad considering I play vs a Villager sometimes lol.

Just wait until Vlad an Simon Belmont are revealed... I'll just wait and lurk in the shadows with my hypemeter that will litteraly explode for those reveals.

Edited by Seo