SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

False. Sakurai has stated recently (in the 25th Anniversary FE book, I think) that Binding Blade was originally supposed to come out BEFORE Melee, meaning Roy would have been seen in FE first. It was just an odd timing thing.

Seriously? Well, it doesn't make much of a difference for me. It won't change my feelings towards Roy.

Btw: I didn't play Bayonetta, but I do know and love the song One of a kind from it. I've seen that they used it in the WiiU version. I just hope that it's also in the 3DS one.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more good note: Corrin had easily the most hilarious reveal trailer in Smash history. I'm serious. Though it would've been even funnier if they were revealed in the November Direct and Cloud was saved for now, since Sakurai could troll us by making it look like it was just another Fates trailer at first.

Bayonetta won the ballot? I guess sex really does sell. Sigh... From screenshots I've seen from her games, she's nothing but sexualization and fanservice. Disgusting.

Also, she can have her costume from her second game, but Ike can't get both the ones he had in his second game. So unfair.

Don't let appearances fool you. Bayonetta is a great game and an entertaining character in her own right (and if you choose you can remove the fanservice in the Nintendo version by dressing her up as Link!)

Edited by Jotari

Don't let appearances fool you. Bayonetta is a great game and an entertaining character in her own right (and if you choose you can remove the fanservice in the Nintendo version by dressing her up as Link!)

True although Nintendo did insist Bayonetta should't wear pants with them.

Anyway some of the fanservice about Bayonetta is a bit too much, like the camara angles, but she's an extremely fun character if you look past that. I quite liked how she flamboyantly goes through nearly every scene, while the villains are all talking about ancient prophesies and other serious matters.

YEAHHH MY GIRL BAYO'S IN THIS! I'm so happy! Way too happy honestly!

True although Nintendo did insist Bayonetta should't wear pants with them.

Anyway some of the fanservice about Bayonetta is a bit too much, like the camara angles, but she's an extremely fun character if you look past that. I quite liked how she flamboyantly goes through nearly every scene, while the villains are all talking about ancient prophesies and other serious matters.

It is a bit too much but... I never really took it seriously either. It felt kind of like a parody of itself sometimes.

I feel in terms of canon Bayonetta is probably the most powerful character in smash now. I know it's silly to compare power levels across different styles of games but I can't help it. It'd be either her, Ganondorf or Kirby.

I feel in terms of canon Bayonetta is probably the most powerful character in smash now. I know it's silly to compare power levels across different styles of games but I can't help it. It'd be either her, Ganondorf or Kirby.

Palutena is a literal goddess though, and Sonic is practically invisible with the chaos emeralds, its silly to compare for those reasons as well :P:

Palutena is a literal goddess though, and Sonic is practically invisible with the chaos emeralds, its silly to compare for those reasons as well :P:

Yeah the problem is Bayonetta fought a Goddess once. She fried in the sun. So I don't know. All I know is... I'll be playing as her!!!!

Yeah the problem is Bayonetta fought a Goddess once. She fried in the sun. So I don't know. All I know is... I'll be playing as her!!!!

Yeah there is that, Bayonetta is for sure one of the strongest.

As people already pointed out, Bayonetta has already punched a goddess into the sun. Being a literal goddesses also isn't that big a deal in the Kid Icarus universe either it seems since Pit managed to defeat Goddesses and gods who were canonically stronger than her. And Pit's power is comparable to the strongest of humans (as in Magnus could fight toe to toe with him. Probably couldn't beat a fully aware Pit though).

Bayonetta's combo game looks ridiculous. R.I.P. Ryu, you've been beaten

Yeah, it looks like the high tier players are going to absolutely love Bayonetta. I wonder if using the Bat within weakens normal Witch Time.

Edited by Jotari

At first I was like ehhh Corrin, but when I saw how He/She fought I actually got really excited also the introduction made me laugh.

I'm not sure how to feel.

On one hand, it's a unique and interesting character.

On the other hand, it's Kamui (I'll still use that name). The Gary Stu/Mary Sue has arrived.

Little bit miffed that FE has 6 characters. Especially when you think that Corrin is the only First Party Newcomer. Everyone else is third party or veteran. Would have preferred Azura but I like how he's so different. Especially love how we get Azura's Songs through the DLC.

Cloud is Cloud. I was going to get him anyway.

Honestly salty over Bayonetta as the ballot winner. I'd like to know who else was highly ranked alongside her. It sounds like Wolf and Snake were competing with her. I'd honestly like to know why her. Gameplay wise she looks really interesting, but I don't like her as a character.

also lmao the Knuckles costume is the reason PM got killed. Mii Fighters continue to suck.

It says she was the overall winner among the characters that were feasible. I'm curious to know what characters were considered unfeasible. Joke characters suggested by trolls? Or a third party character they couldn't get their hands on? Or just someone that would have been really boring to fight as?

It says she was the overall winner among the characters that were feasible. I'm curious to know what characters were considered unfeasible. Joke characters suggested by trolls? Or a third party character they couldn't get their hands on? Or just someone that would have been really boring to fight as?

Probably someone Sakurai didn't feel like creating, lol.

Bayonetta's addition is going to up Smash's maturity rating for sure

Not really. She doesn't go naked like in her own games, just goes down to bathing suit level. Just like the Shulk costume.

Bigger issue would be the guns imo because they're actually realistic compared to what Fox, Zero Suit and Duck Hunt have.

^My reaction

If only Konami wasn't falling apart and had their shit together with Kojima

Kudos to Corrin, I knew he was going to make it, but I was surprised that Bayonetta made it lol. She's going to rip through Sheik.

Thanks for the hard work Sakurai.

Now that I have picked up the scraps of brain and organized my thoughts, what I think:

Now, Corrin. I was really confused about this one and asking "why?", I suppose their moveset is why. When you get right down to it, past all the hype, that's what I'm going to care most about, and Corrin looks pretty cool to play as.

Cloud is still hype.

Man where do I even begin with Bayonetta? Well I'm still in state of shock over this inclusion, but going back to what I said before, she looks hype as shit and I'm hyped to play as her. Also, damn that Eiji Funahashi illustration is amazing.

About the final roster, well, I was ultimately satisfied with the original one, so even though I did want Wolf back, I'm not disappointed with any of the additional characters.

So just for fun here's my tier list of the characters by canonical strength. Bear in mind I made this in like ten minutes and aren't fully aware of every single one of the characters in every single one of the games. I might have even forgotten one or two.

God Tier

-Kirby

-Shulk

-Rosalina

-Bayonetta

-Ganondorf

-Palutena

God Slayer Tier

-Samus/Zero Suit Samus

-Link/Toon Link

-Pit

-Dark Pit

-Meta Knight

-Cloud

-King Dedede

Army Slayer Tier

-Mega Man

-Ike

-Mewtwo

-Robin

-Zelda/Sheik

-Ness

Dragon Slayer tier

-Marth

-Donkey Kong

-Wario

-Lucas

-Mario/Dr Mario

-Luigi

-Sonic

-Bowser

-Charizard

-Yoshi

Man Slayer Tier

-Bowser Jr

-Lucario

-Fox

-Falco

-Greninja

-Roy

-Captain Falcon

-Ryu

-Pikachu

-R.O.B

-Diddy Kong

-Little Mac

-Jigglypuff

Doesn't stand a chance tier

-Duck Hunt Duo

-Wii Fit Trainer

-Peach

-Villager

-Mr Game & Watch

*Shurgs Shoulder*

-Pac Man

-Corrin

-Miis

Edited by Jotari

I wasn't sure either because Trollahiro Sakurai, but not even he goes against EVERYTHING he says, so I'm going to assume it really was the last Smash Wii U/3DS stuff.

Also, Jotari, Ike should be in god slayer tier because of his showdown with Ashera. :P

Edited by Anacybele