SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Shurgs Shoulder*

-Pac Man
-Corrin
-Miis

Hmm, I didn't know you could shurg your shoulders. I'll have to find out what that is.

If we're taking Ghostly Adventures into account, than Pac-Man is about Dragon-Army tier (ditto with Corrin).

I'd say Roy is easily in dragon-slaying tier (because he has done that), and Ryu under the control of the Satsui No Hado is firmly in the Army Slayer category. Besides that, things look pretty good.

So just for fun here's my tier list of the characters by canonical strength. Bear in mind I made this in like ten minutes and aren't fully aware of every single one of the characters in every single one of the games. I might have even forgotten one or two.

God Tier

-Kirby

-Shulk

-Rosalina

-Bayonetta

-Ganondorf

-Palutena

God Slayer Tier

-Samus/Zero Suit Samus

-Link/Toon Link

-Pit

-Dark Pit

-Meta Knight

-Cloud

-King Dedede

Army Slayer Tier

-Mega Man

-Ike

-Mewtwo

-Robin

-Zelda/Sheik

-Ness

Dragon Slayer tier

-Marth

-Donkey Kong

-Wario

-Lucas

-Mario/Dr Mario

-Luigi

-Sonic

-Bowser

-Charizard

-Yoshi

Man Slayer Tier

-Bowser Jr

-Lucario

-Fox

-Falco

-Greninja

-Roy

-Captain Falcon

-Ryu

-Pikachu

-R.O.B

-Diddy Kong

-Little Mac

-Jigglypuff

Doesn't stand a chance tier

-Duck Hunt Duo

-Wii Fit Trainer

-Peach

-Villager

-Mr Game & Watch

*Shurgs Shoulder*

-Pac Man

-Corrin

-Miis

Robin is canonically a Dragon Slayer and a God Slayer :P

I wasn't sure either because Trollahiro Sakurai, but not even he goes against EVERYTHING he says, so I'm going to assume it really was the last Smash Wii U/3DS stuff.

Also, Jotari, Ike should be in god slayer tier because of his showdown with Ashera. :P

I considered that but he did use Yune's power to do it and he wasn't exactly fighting Ashera alone. Ditto with Roy not being in the dragon slayer, he can literally slay dragons thanks to his sword but I don't think he's has powerful as the other characters in the tier, unless they're dragons.

Edited by Jotari

I considered that but he did use Yune's power to do it and he wasn't exactly fighting Ashera alone.

Yeah, that much is true. I just thought maybe he could belong in the tier because he was the only one who could deal the final blow to Ashera, but you're right. :P

I think Corrin is poop and a shameless marketing PR (weird coming from a FE fan, I know), but I love both Bayonetta and Cloud so... I feel okay.

BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THAT GOMORRAH FINAL SMASH!?!?!?!

OH

MY

GOODNESS!

I'm probably more than okay...! OH YEAH! Bayonetta! I love you!

Hey, they got Pit and Palutena's VAs to do new lines in Bayo's trailer.

I hope this means they got them to do Guidance convos for the DLC characters.

That'd be great. You just know they'd make a comment about Lucas being left behind or something since both Pit and him were in Brawl together.

Maybe since this is the possible last batch?

I can't wait to hear Bayonetta's taunts and victory quotes.

She is so amazing, so beautiful, so wonderful! Ah---!

The purest form of baroque!

Truly a grandiose fighter, the primadonna, the Queen of the Scene!

Lovely! Truly lovely!

But I'm still kind of bummed all these new characters are perfectly 100% true to the originals with a lot of work and detail put into them, while Ninty characters have made up final smashes, different personalities from their canon appearances, etc... I mean, it's bound to happen, because a lot of oldies are brought back from games where they were not as shaped as they are today, but, for example, Kirby got a cooler final smash, and so did Pit, then why is Captain Falcon still a doofus (when in canon he is a lonely, bold bounty hunter), why does Falco still have the Land Master, why---

OH WHO CARES, no time to be a negative ninny! Look at dat Madama Butterfly Shadow!

But I'm still kind of bummed all these new characters are perfectly 100% true to the originals with a lot of work and detail put into them, while Ninty characters have made up final smashes, different personalities from their canon appearances, etc... I mean, it's bound to happen, because a lot of oldies are brought back from games where they were not as shaped as they are today, but, for example, Kirby got a cooler final smash, and so did Pit, then why is Captain Falcon still a doofus (when in canon he is a lonely, bold bounty hunter), why does Falco still have the Land Master, why---

Addressing resized and crossed out text, who does that!

The amount effort they've put into these just goes to show how seriously they're taking the DLC. They probably have a more lax working schedule so they can devote more time and research into the movesets. It'd be great if all the characters had this level of detail/uniqueness but alas there are only so many working hours is a console's life time and changing an established characters is harrowing. You also won't ever be able to please everyone, we're a greedy bunch like that. Even with everything they've shown off I'm still pining for a full wardrobe of Bayonetta costumes. I want to play as Bayonetta dressed as Link, fighting Link!

I feel Sonic should be higher on your list Jotari, as well considering he's fought physical gods and punched them out.

:P:

100% bias on my part, :P: can't have Sonic higher than Mario. My Nintendo worship simply couldn't permit it. Though to rationalize it, I bet Sonic was using the power of the Chaos Emeralds for his most impressive feets.

He would still kind of be in those categories

But I won't get into that argument

I will

I felt I was putting Robin a little high even giving him army slaying tier, backing it up mostly by his gameplay viability. I mean in universe he's more renowned for his mind than his prowess in battle. He might have been more powerful had he made different choices but in the end game the character you're controlling is nothing more than an extremely powerful human probably comparable to Ike.

If we were placing Grima though, (which I would have liked Smash!Robin to show some more signs of, him doubling as a villain was one of the bigger reasons I wanted him in) then he would probably go into god tier.

Edited by Jotari

Addressing resized and crossed out text, who does that!

The amount effort they've put into these just goes to show how seriously they're taking the DLC. They probably have a more lax working schedule so they can devote more time and research into the movesets. It'd be great if all the characters had this level of detail/uniqueness but alas there are only so many working hours is a console's life time and changing an established characters is harrowing. You also won't ever be able to please everyone, we're a greedy bunch like that. Even with everything they've shown off I'm still pining for a full wardrobe of Bayonetta costumes. I want to play as Bayonetta dressed as Link, fighting Link!

Yeah, it's just my inner Nintendo fangirl screaming. I'm still on that side of people who thinks Smash should be a glorification of all things Nintendo, and I'm very bitter about some of the things Smash 4 did (not related to the following nitpicks I swear), therefore I'm a bit sad that these non-Nintendo characters got so much love and care, while Zelda characters are still in their Twilight Princess garbs, while many Final Smashes are completely made up (when they could've used something from their games instead), while there are many inaccuracies, etc.

With my eyes, Smash should also be a nerd game for Nintendo nerds, but it's filled with errors. And you know how nerds are... I'm a nerd and I like to nitpick the most useless stuff. I'm sad when the character Captain Falcon is not similar to the Falcon I know and love. Why couldn't they make him a bit more similar to his GX self? Why did Pit get an overhaul while Falco and Ness did not get better Final Smashes? Etc.

Then I see these DLC dudes getting in, filled with love and being 100% accurate... and I'm like "Man, this is still a Nintendo All Star Festival, you know!". I know many don't care about this stuff, but I love characters, and seeing them shunned like this makes me disappointed, especially since I love Nintendo characters.

I think Corrin is poop and a shameless marketing PR (weird coming from a FE fan, I know), but I love both Bayonetta and Cloud so... I feel okay.

At least it's a mechanically unique and interesting character; I've largely gotten over the fact that he's a straight Gary-Stu.

We have this thread to talk about who is the most powerful Smash character in their own canon:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51673

I don't mind bringing the debate back and I'll be willing to update the OP, if the mods are okay with that.

I didn't see that thread. Pity I missed it. I don't reckon there's any real reason to resurrect it though. There probably won't be much more talk about it.

Yeah, it's just my inner Nintendo fangirl screaming. I'm still on that side of people who thinks Smash should be a glorification of all things Nintendo, and I'm very bitter about some of the things Smash 4 did (not related to the following nitpicks I swear), therefore I'm a bit sad that these non-Nintendo characters got so much love and care, while Zelda characters are still in their Twilight Princess garbs, while many Final Smashes are completely made up (when they could've used something from their games instead), while there are many inaccuracies, etc.

With my eyes, Smash should also be a nerd game for Nintendo nerds, but it's filled with errors. And you know how nerds are... I'm a nerd and I like to nitpick the most useless stuff. I'm sad when the character Captain Falcon is not similar to the Falcon I know and love. Why couldn't they make him a bit more similar to his GX self? Why did Pit get an overhaul while Falco and Ness did not get better Final Smashes? Etc.

Then I see these DLC dudes getting in, filled with love and being 100% accurate... and I'm like "Man, this is still a Nintendo All Star Festival, you know!". I know many don't care about this stuff, but I love characters, and seeing them shunned like this makes me disappointed, especially since I love Nintendo characters.

I hear you. I was of the same opinion for quite a while. I never really was much excited about Pac Man or Ryu or Cloud (Megaman still felt sufficiently Nintendolike to me though). Seeing Bayonetta though has dispelled such doubts about third parties entirely. I still hope they're guest characters that will have low billing to come back in the next game. I also hope Nintendo sinks their claws into Bayonetta and makes her one of their IPs. Her getting into Smash means a lot. I reckon if they feel like it we could possibly see another Bayonetta game on the Wii U or maybe early release NX.

I also think for the next game round they shouldn't add more than five or so new comers. Instead they should focus on giving everyone unique special moves like Palutena. So many of these characters still have so much potential to draw from, implementing it in customs wouldn't only be great for their histories but it would add so much depth to the game.

At least it's a mechanically unique and interesting character; I've largely gotten over the fact that he's a straight Gary-Stu.

Well, that still won't make me want to buy them. If I cared about Smash like I did before Sm4sh, I would've exploded, haha.

Well, that still won't make me want to buy them. If I cared about Smash like I did before Sm4sh, I would've exploded, haha.

You can beat him up to your hearts' content with Bayonetta and Cloud.