SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Nairo, Corrin's uair, nair and fair all auto cancel by the looks of it, and theres also the fact that they all seemingly flawlessly combo into each other.

According to Nairo, Corrin's uair, nair and fair all auto cancel by the looks of it, and theres also the fact that they all seemingly flawlessly combo into each other.

[spoiler=the full info]

11:44 PM Kalierdarke said: So Nairo apparently said Corrin's >b can only be used once in the air

11:56 PM Kalierdarke said: Also the bite from DFS shield breaks at full charge

11:56 PM Kalierdarke said: Nairo is streaming right now and answering questions

11:59 PM Kalierdarke said: shielding/rolling/spot dodging DFS at close range seems like a very bad idea because of that

12:03 AM Kalierdarke said: also DL is apparently not a command grab. sad day

12:25 AM Fernando said: SH nair, bair, and fair all auto cancel according to nairo

1:18 AM Snake55wildcat said: that sounds awesome, oh wow

1:22 AM euklyd (FE) said: yessss I have validation in my "those look like nice autocancels"

fun times

e: ftr this is the corrin discord chat; if you want to join I can drop a link or s/t

also tier lists are dumb

and then I remember, this tier list is a smashboards tier list, and take every post with a grain of salt

since you know, it's like their favorite condiment

dude smashboards could take lessons from SF on saltiness Edited by Euklyd

Yea I usually consider Link to be low tier scrub trash

Then I recall my love to destroy links

And wonder which professional players play Link

and then I remember, this tier list is a smashboards tier list, and take every post with a grain of salt

since you know, it's like their favorite condiment

I fail to see the reasoning here. It was made by long-time members and competitive players; it's not a polling opportunity a la the subreddit.

And it even said in the post containing their tier list that consensus is far from unanimous on many characters.

i may have to look at the comittee involved, I'm used to Smashboards being about as toxic as the facebook Melee Hell group, with ranting and raving lunatics heavily biased towards their mains with little regard for the middle 30 PCs' accurate placement.

I mean, this is the compiled effort not of Smashboards, but of about 50 dudes from across the world, with an incredibly heavy america bias and fuckall from Japan even, which is known for differentiating in the most simple of popularity, Sonic and Wario.

dba07ee128.png

Edited by Elieson

i may have to look at the comittee involved, I'm used to Smashboards being about as toxic as the facebook Melee Hell group, with ranting and raving lunatics heavily biased towards their mains with little regard for the middle 30 PCs' accurate placement.

I mean, this is the compiled effort not of Smashboards, but of about 50 dudes from across the world, with an incredibly heavy america bias and fuckall from Japan even, which is known for differentiating in the most simple of popularity, Sonic and Wario.

dba07ee128.png

Well, both Melee and Brawl had different tier lists by region; if there are substantial differences in the regional metas, that will no doubt happen again.

I just love how pretty much every character with which I'd consider myself good is low or bottom tier. Not that I care.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember someone saying that tier lists only really matter at high level play. Is that accurate?

Well, my favorite thing to do in For Glory is beating Sheik players with my Zelda.

The truth hurts huh?

"Truth"? Or "It's still too early and this was just rushed out because people wanted something"?

To one extent or another, the biggest step towards that lists' invalidation will happen in less than 24 hours. And Sakurai himself said patches will continue for the foreseeable future; honestly, they should've waited until after EVO before they even began to start compiling information.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much 1.1.4 will kill the list.

We've had characters get really buffed by patches (Bowser, Mewtwo, Robin, Ike) and they've increased in viability as a whole (similarly, we've had guys like Luigi and Diddy get nerfed heavily by patches). But they only come one or two at a time and so they collectively don't blow the list out of proportion. A lot of the smaller buffs don't actually help out much in the grand scheme of things. There's also guys like Shulk, Marth and Lucas who get lots of buffs but don't actually improve too much with them. Cloud didn't impact the meta much upon his release in a way that he invalidated a bunch of characters.

Really, unless Bayonetta and Corrin have the ability to make some high tier characters unviable, the only way we'll see the tier list change much is if a character hits the buff lottery (ala Ike) or gets the nerf bat (ala Luigi). Look at how tier lists have developed over the past year (the r/smashbros one is really good for this) and see how many of the changes in tier rank are due to meta development vs. patch changes.

By saying Bayonetta's smashes have projectile attributes, does that mean they could be reflected?

Surprised her jab is "really good" if it's a frame 9 move.

Umbra having walkoffs is kinda concerning but it seems like it's at least better than Delfino. I still think it can be counterpick.

Seems like Bayo really doesn't have much in the way of kill moves outside of Smashes. Definitely seems like how Sakurai balanced her.

Also top of the next page has more:

- All of Bayo's aerials except for dair autocancel

- Witch Time lasts for 6 seconds. Her Smashes can kill around 70% in Witch Time

- F-Smash --> DSmash is a legit Bayo combo

Edited by Scrub Lord Doof

By saying Bayonetta's smashes have projectile attributes, does that mean they could be reflected?

If Villager can pocket the demonic arms... Lmao

Surprised her jab is "really good" if it's a frame 9 move.

Umbra having walkoffs is kinda concerning but it seems like it's at least better than Delfino. I still think it can be counterpick.

Seems like Bayo really doesn't have much in the way of kill moves outside of Smashes. Definitely seems like how Sakurai balanced her.

Also top of the next page has more:

- All of Bayo's aerials except for dair autocancel

- Witch Time lasts for 6 seconds. Her Smashes can kill around 70% in Witch Time

- F-Smash --> DSmash is a legit Bayo combo

Umm... conflicting information? A character being able to get kills practically at 40% doesn't strike me as "balanced" in the slightest.

Edited by The DanMan

Umm... conflicting information? A character being able to get kills practically at 40% doesn't strike me as "balanced" in the slightest.

Zero Suit Kills earlier than that if she gets the right chains.

We don't know how effective this will be in the end though.

Yea

Finishing Touch and KO Punch ain't balanced at'all

/sarcasm