SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm... conflicting information? A character being able to get kills practically at 40% doesn't strike me as "balanced" in the slightest.

Balanced in the sense that her smashes are her only kill moves. "Sakurai balancing" doesn't always make total sense.

UAir and USpecial don't kill Marth near the top of the stage at over 100%. I believe they said BThrow only kills from the edge at 140% and Bair doesn't kill until similar percents.

Also FSmash -> DSmash combo only works out of Witch Time.

Yea

Finishing Touch and KO Punch ain't balanced at'all

/sarcasm

Ahem...

"being able to get kills practically"

Last time I checked, both of those moves couldn't be fired out at will, and also had other weaknesses (finishing touch can be seen coming and easily spot-dodged as well as not killing most characters until 60%-ish, KO punch fades away after 20-30 seconds after obtaining it and is on Little Mac).

Zero Suit Kills earlier than that if she gets the right chains.

We don't know how effective this will be in the end though.

Ergo, ZSS is very unbalanced.

Yes; we don't know how effective this will be in the end.

It's still highly frustrating to see my main problem with 3rd party DLC characters be perpetuated. Why should Bayonetta have the best counter in the game, bullet artes, and combos?

The 3rd party DLC characters have preferential treatment, and are obviously better than most of the cast. Ryu and Cloud are already up there, and I don't see a single person in their right mind saying Bayonetta will be mid-tier or below.

Balanced in the sense that her smashes are her only kill moves. "Sakurai balancing" doesn't always make total sense.

UAir and USpecial don't kill Marth near the top of the stage at over 100%. I believe they said BThrow only kills from the edge at 140% and Bair doesn't kill until similar percents.

Also FSmash -> DSmash combo only works out of Witch Time.

That just goes to show how powerful Witch Time will be, as long as you don't spam it.

Edited by The DanMan

bullet arts

Generally people don't consider them practical, including Nairo.

They extend the ending lag of the moves for an inconsequential amount of damage (and nonexistant shield damage).

Side note: Bat Within activates during rolls so it'll protect her before the invincibility on her roll. Also confirmed on spot dodge and may also be a thing on her air dodge. However, her actual roll is Samus-tier level of bad.

Edited by Scrub Lord Doof

Generally people don't consider them practical, including Nairo.

They extend the ending lag of the moves for an inconsequential amount of damage (and nonexistant shield damage).

Side note: Bat Within activates during rolls so it'll protect her before the invincibility on her roll. Also confirmed on spot dodge and may also be a thing on her air dodge. However, her actual roll is Samus-tier level of bad.

It's the lest offending tool in her kit, definitely.

Nice to hear the other things, though.

If bullet arts are any good, I honestly think they'll be what separates good Bayos from bad Bayos. I just can't think of many situations where you'd want the extra lag.

Maybe like if you're only a few percent from a KO percent? That's about all I got.

Or if Rosalina can use her Down B.

Giant demonic arms spinning everywhere

That's a a thing in Bayo doh. I-It's cool...

Ahem...

"being able to get kills practically"

Last time I checked, both of those moves couldn't be fired out at will, and also had other weaknesses (finishing touch can be seen coming and easily spot-dodged as well as not killing most characters until 60%-ish, KO punch fades away after 20-30 seconds after obtaining it and is on Little Mac).

After 5, 6 or even 7 seconds. If Little Mac is put in knockback, the KO Punch is neutralized. Being knocked after soon obtaining it will not result in losing the ability.

Also, I thought Sakurai said Bat Within activates if you miss time the Down B. Not a roll.

That's a a thing in Bayo doh. I-It's cool...

After 5, 6 or even 7 seconds. If Little Mac is put in knockback, the KO Punch is neutralized. Being knocked after soon obtaining it will not result in losing the ability.

Also, I thought Sakurai said Bat Within activates if you miss time the Down B. Not a roll.

That quickly...?

To be fair, I don't really play Mac.

It's afternoon in PST while also being on the 4th in Europe and in Japan.

We're looking at around 4pm PST at the earliest, given that it would be Feb 4 in most of Europe and Japan at that hour.

Apparently, multihit attacks eat through witch time, because even if it activates, the rest of the attack will still hit Bayo. Because it only removes a singular hitbox.

Does getting hit by multihit attacks end Witch Time (as in, the slow down)?

I expected that with the invincibility part of the move considering every counter works the same way.

Does getting hit by multihit attacks end Witch Time (as in, the slow down)?

I expected that with the invincibility part of the move considering every counter works the same way.

I'm not sure, i'm still reading stuff about it.

Less then 12 hours before online witch time. And I predict in the forecast that it will be raining Corn as well.

Seriously though, I can't get Corrin until Friday, so I will have to wait even longer than most people. I do plan on watching some videos to see how he works out (also hyped to finally get to hear the full version of Lost in thoughts All Alone.)

Less then 12 hours before online witch time. And I predict in the forecast that it will be raining Corn as well.

Seriously though, I can't get Corrin until Friday, so I will have to wait even longer than most people. I do plan on watching some videos to see how he works out (also hyped to finally get to hear the full version of Lost in thoughts All Alone.)

It probably won't be the full version, actually. SSB4 has a nasty habit of shortening tracks to 2 minutes; Hitori Oumo is about five minutes, so reason stands you'll only be able to hear the first couple verses via Smash.

736a2e9f8b.jpg

So much for afternoon. It's practically after dinner

...It's technically after noon. Eh, this is pretty frustrating nevertheless. Considering the E-shop will get blitzed afterward, it may even be smart to just wait until tomorrow.

At least I can wait until I get home from work. Considering the maintenance window for CST means that at 4:30, it should be done, I can start patching pretty much right away.