SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ike has a high probability of sticking around.

Why do you say that? From what happened with Roy I'd guess we'd be seeing him replaced with Chrom or the protag of FE14 if that game gets announced before the release of Smash4.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say that? From what happened with Roy I'd guess we'd be seeing him replaced with Chrom or the protag of FE14 if that game gets announced before the release of Smash4.

And why would that happen? Ike is the second most important Lord in the series(second only to Marth), being the only one other than Marth with a leading role in multiple games.

Not to mention being the only character other than Marth to get a confirmed descendant in Awakening.

I don't see any reason he should be replaced by Chrom.

Plus, unlike Roy, Ike wasn't added primarily for the reason of padding the roster.

It's also worth noting that Sakurai did plan to bring Roy back at some point. Forbidden 7 and all that.

Edited by shinpichu

Yeah, you're right. Ike's been talked about to death anyway and I think most of us agree that he's probably staying.

Who brings Ike as a daily topic?. Ana, we already know you have a toxic love for Ike but plz there's a word called LIMIT. Also, you guys are forgetting Alm/Celica/Sigurd/Seliph/Leif exist, just saiyan.

I don't know why, but every time we make predictions concerning new char reveals, Trollkurai changes his revealing pattern. Ppl lets predict insignificant reveals for the next 3 months to see some new chars plz.

Btw, chickens look cool :awesome:

Edited by Quintessence

a lot of us fondly remember Roy from Melee

What is this "remember" you speak of?

It's not like Melee is something that doesn't exist anymore. :P I still play Melee because Brawl su-- I mean, I suck at Brawl. And Brawl doesn't have Roy.

/pointless post

Edited by Tsamimi

What is this "remember" you speak of?It's not like Melee is something that doesn't exist anymore. :P I still play Melee because Brawl su-- I mean, I suck at Brawl. And Brawl doesn't have Roy. /pointless post

I spoke poorly haha.

Also I made mention of fe being too often brought up and you all are once again.

Quit it. Seriously let's give it a week

And why would that happen? Ike is the second most important Lord in the series(second only to Marth), being the only one other than Marth with a leading role in multiple games.

Not to mention being the only character other than Marth to get a confirmed descendant in Awakening.

I don't see any reason he should be replaced by Chrom.

Plus, unlike Roy, Ike wasn't added primarily for the reason of padding the roster.

It's also worth noting that Sakurai did plan to bring Roy back at some point. Forbidden 7 and all that.

This sums up my thoughts on the Ike thing. Now can we PLEASE hush up about it? I'm starting to get sick of it coming up real bad now. Yes, that includes how many times I have done so, as I'm tired of bringing it up.

Mewtwo, I can see coming back. Despite that I don't really like him. His backstory is interesting and all, but overall, I find him to be a boring Pokemon with a bleh design. Lucario is way cooler, imo, I hope he gets to Mega Evolve in SSB4 somehow.

But if Sakurai passes on Mewtwo, I still think the most likely choice of Pokenewcomer would be Keldeo, considering his recent starring movie role and potential for a unique playstyle and all.

Edited by Anacybele

Can I just say I'm really glad that you guys are past the whole Ike-costume discussion lol.

As for Roy, somehow the only way I foresee him returning is as some sort of postgame DLC to appeal to the old-school smashers (if the game even HAS DLC). Since a big part of the Smash fanbase came in at Brawl, given how successful the Wii was compared to the GCN, I'd wager that Roy isn't particularly high priority for the devs to put back in.

Mewtwo is another story, though. Even though a lot of people consider Lucario to be his successor, the two have VERY different playstyles in a lot of ways, and I can definitely see the two coexisting. I anticipate he'd have a lot of changes coming in if he comes back, though, since he had a really weird moveset with surprisingly few good moves in Melee. Honestly though I'm pretty uncertain that he'll be back; I remember reading about how Sakurai was asked if the new forms of Mewtwo would mean he appears in Smash 4, and (I don't recall his exact response, sorry) I think he said something along the lines of they didn't have any plans for it, but they'd think about it. Maybe he was just being tight-lipped/secretive, though.

Regarding the new forms, I was postulating to my GF that it might be interesting if each version of the game (3DS/WiiU) had a diferent version of MegaMewtwo that he could turn into for his final smash.

As for other PokeNewcomers... Well, I think it's a pretty big mystery. Most suggestions that people make for Pokemon newcomers (Zoroark, Keldo, etc.) don't sound particularly likely to me, and given the unpredictable appearance of Red + 3 Pokemon as a playable character, I have a hunch that, if there ARE any Pokemon newcomers, they'll be similarly unpredictable.

Have we talked about Mewtwo yet? With the huge fuss over his two

mega evolutions in X/Y I could see him coming back. Maybe the Pokemon Trainer gets his 3 pokemon updated to their mega forms too.

The mega evos seem kind of awkward to me because there are two but they undoubtedly have potential. I wouldn't want Pokemon trainer's Pokemon updated. They would all become bigger, which is a big problem for squirtle, and it would generally be...strange, at least in my opinion.

As for other PokeNewcomers... Well, I think it's a pretty big mystery. Most suggestions that people make for Pokemon newcomers (Zoroark, Keldo, etc.) don't sound particularly likely to me, and given the unpredictable appearance of Red + 3 Pokemon as a playable character, I have a hunch that, if there ARE any Pokemon newcomers, they'll be similarly unpredictable.

Well, if Keldeo doesn't seem likely, wouldn't he be unpredicted? lol

If Mewtwo's not in, I think I can live with it. He's one of my favorite people to use in Melee, even more so since he's not in Brawl, but I can move on too.

Well, if Keldeo doesn't seem likely, wouldn't he be unpredicted? lol

No. Because you, and likely others, have already predicted him. o3o

I think Keldeo will be in.

As a sticker.

Except stickers probably won't be in the game, as without SSE there's really no reason for them to exist.

No. Because you, and likely others, have already predicted him. o3o

What? No, I didn't. I'm only HOPING for him. My actual prediction is Mewtwo.

Maybe Sakurai will come up with another use for Stickers. Also, why can't Keldeo even be a Pokeball Pokemon?

This is the first time we see the player tags. I guess its something new...

I'm beginning to think the past few weeks before the most recent have spoiled us Edited by Jedisupersorry

I'm beginning to think the past few weeks before the most recent have spoiled us

Seriously though, this image of the day week has been getting annoying.

I think when I have the 3DS ver I'll play without the borders.

The game without borders seem pretty good, but is that an ingame feature or is just the 3D effect applied?

Because if it's 3D effect I prefer the borders for the sake of battery life time and my eyezzz

EDIT ZOMG MY BROTHER BOUGHT THE WII UUUUUUU :awesome:

Edited by Quintessence

Then get Smash Bros. Wii U so we can play each other after it releases, Quint! :3 (I won't be touching the 3DS version as often)

Edited by Anacybele

Then get Smash Bros. Wii U so we can play each other after it releases, Quint! :3 (I won't be touching the 3DS version as often)

Will surely do 8D

Btw, now I want to know more differential elements between versions.