SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I thought of something...there might be a little more substance to that "long rumor". It lists King K. Rool as a newcomer, and Gangplank Galleon is his ship. Now, the two could be released together, and what really gets me is that there could easily be a Donkey Kong newcomer, and we have yet to see a Wii U stage for the series. It could work.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know if Sakurai would give DK two newcomers at the same time...

Fair enough. Though in a more ideal world, getting both shouldn't be a problem.

That said, I think K Rool should get priority. The current Smash roster desperately needs more villains and heavyweights, and K. Rool fills both roles admirably.

I liked Funky Kong too, though.

Ana, since I have no idea what Dixie Kong is like, maybe you could explain some actual fighting potential for her to me. I don't really understand the want for her.

I can't find any significant gameplay and I haven't played her games myself, but Dixie was a main playable character in Donkey Kong Countries 2 and 3 as well as Tropical Freeze. She's probably the most iconic/well-known Kong aside from DK, Diddy, and Cranky, so that'd be her main appeal I suppose. She does attacks with her ponytail kinda like Tiny in DK64 (who IIRC I think she's related to or something).

I've been playing Xenoblade recently, 10 hours of playtime and I've finally got a grasp on all the game's mechanics, and I'm now much more supportive of Shulk getting into SSB4. The Monado's powers would be cool to see in the game and it'd be cool how they implement seeing into the future into his moveset.

Pic of the day. This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside…

can't post the picture from Miiverse and don't want to reupload bleck

Just a new look for the Assist Trophy, making the liddle mystery figure inside more prominent than before. Nothing big.

Well if all goes well we'll get one of the DKC characters plus Shulk. Of the likely-few character slots remaining, they seem as good as you can get in terms of viable candidates... aside from like Palutena

Barbie, which area from Kirby's Epic Yarn do you think they might make into the stage? o3o Like the quilty plaza maybe? ...er, wait, you haven't played the game, have you? I dunno, anyone else who's played KEY as well? =w=

Nope.

I haven't played it...but I would reluctantly agree with

this stage. "The Cozy Cabin." I hope.

*Is still praying for Funky more than any other DK character*

I would agree with this totally. :D

But...we do need more girls and children, so...no.

Edited by Barbie

Cozy Cabin was a lot of fun hehe. That game is so flapping festive.

An Epic Yarn stage would be adorable and well-welcome, but on further thought I think the Lor Starcutter (whether inside or out of it) from KRtDL is the Kirby stage that I'm predicting/hoping for. Slap some KEY music like the wonderful Outer Rings on there and bada-boom

I can totally see it being like an interstellar version of the Pirate Ship stage from Brawl or something, especially with many of the stages in the WiiU version seeming to be very mobile and scrolly. That'd be neat IMO.

Edited by BANRYU

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=41615

As a special treat for the biggest fans, attendees who dress up as their favorite Super Smash Bros. characters may be selected for priority seating right in front of the stage on which the tournament will occur. The event will be photographed and filmed, so the best costumes might appear on Twitch or Nintendo’s YouTube channel, where the event can also be viewed.

Release the cosplay!

Edited by kingddd

I actually want Sakurai to reach into his inner troll again.

Kiddy Kong confirmed for Smash.

I'd laugh so fucking hard.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Oh man, that WOULD be funny. I'd also actually laugh if Sakurai showed a trailer for Chrom or Avatar and then said "I'm sorry to tell Ike fans, however, that he had to be left out, unfortunately. ...Nah, just kidding, he's staying too!" XD

Man, if I was a guy and could go to Los Angeles, I'd totally put on an Ike costume and get my butt over there.

Nothing says you can't crossplay. One of the best Link cosplayers out there is female (Pikmin Link)!

That's a really cool incentive to get in there in costume, though I wonder how many people actually show up at E3 in costume compared to a more geeky, fan-driven event like PAX.

Nothing says you can't crossplay. One of the best Link cosplayers out there is female (Pikmin Link)!

That's a really cool incentive to get in there in costume, though I wonder how many people actually show up at E3 in costume compared to a more geeky, fan-driven event like PAX.

Pretty cool that she works for Nintendo now. She was being Wonder Red during PAX Prime 2013 last I recalled.

Back then in the old E3 there was a lot of fans in costumes since it was a lot more opened but ever since it's been closed to small invitation for specific industry people it's mostly from marketers and modelers to promote their latest games and software nowadays. You'll still find the really famous cosplayers there though.

But in this case it's going to be a lot of people lining up for those wristbands.

Edited by kingddd

Pretty cool that she works for Nintendo now. She was being Wonder Red during PAX Prime 2013 last I recalled.

Wow, I had NO idea she was Wonder Red! That was an amazing outfit.

Too bad we already know Wonder Red is just a trophy and not a PC though.

Wow, I had NO idea she was Wonder Red! That was an amazing outfit.

yeah she is basically doing costume design marketing for Nintendo now. My sister is a close friend of her so they get in touch pretty often.