SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Today's POTD was pretty early.

jeVs75M.jpg

Pic of the day. Pac-Maze is a stage exclusive to the 3DS version, created in the Pac-Man motif. If you eat 100 Pac-Dots, Power Pellets will appear in your color.

Extra pic (Miiverse)

If you eat a Power Pellet, the monsters will become vulnerable and you can defeat them just by touching them. An important point is that the monsters will become vulnerable only on your screen, which means that they can still damage your opponents!! This is one of the unique game features only possible in the 3DS version.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the last few pics have been boring. It's been nearly a month since E3 too, so I'm ready for some interesting stuff again. The only cool thing for me so far was the Skyward Sword Link recolor.

Hey so who's planning to get competitive this time around (as in going to actual live tournaments, not wi-fi tournaments)? I never really went to far beyond wi-fi for Brawl, but I plan to get a little more serious for this new one.

Edited by Knife

Hey so who's planning to get competitive this time around (as in going to actual live tournaments, not wi-fi tournaments)? I never really went to far beyond wi-fi for Brawl, but I plan to get a little more serious for this new one.

Me I'm going to apex next January.

Also the Pac-Man stage mechanic sounds pretty fun and inventive

I attempted to do this in Brawl, but was largely thwarted by the fact that I had no wifi and no one to play with. I totally would with this game since that'll no longer be a factor, but I'll probably need to spend more time on life now that I'm older. =3=

Still, if Ridley gets in, I'm gonna dedicate myself to being a competitively serious Ridley main. Barring that, Charizard is a totally acceptable alternative for me.

And yeah, the Pac-man stage DOES look really fun :D

Edited by BANRYU

I might try and get more in the competitive scene as well, I just found a group near by that are pretty good and I'm getting better.

Also, Link is pretty good in PM, and so is Ike, I mained Ike in brawl and I'm really lovin him in PM.

I would go to a public tournament, but they don't hold any near me. I'd probably never be good enough to stand a chance in one anyway...

I would go to a public tournament, but they don't hold any near me. I'd probably never be good enough to stand a chance in one anyway...

which is why you'd get better. losing is the best way to improve.

I've been getting competitive for ssbm and project m lately. I'll probably be competitive with smash 4 too.

...Why the hell was zelda nerfed

I might try and get more in the competitive scene as well, I just found a group near by that are pretty good and I'm getting better.

Also, Link is pretty good in PM, and so is Ike, I mained Ike in brawl and I'm really lovin him in PM.

everybody in PM is good. Edited by Comet

everybody in PM is good.

Yeah which is why its so much fun.

Yeah going to tournaments or public events for smash is easily the best way to improve, most of the people I've played with so far are nice and even if they faceroll you or what not they are respectful and happy to answer any questions/explain some of the more advanced techniques.

Yeah, I'm really determined to be more comoetitive, though here in Colombia they barely do those tournaments, and I haven't heard of them planning to do so. Totally going for Rosalina & Luma and probably Little Mac in that aspect.

I hope I'd go to one of those tournaments though, but I get nervous as ff*ck jhahajjaja. I need to get used to them first, though.

Edited by Quintessence

Yeah, I'm really determined to be more comoetitive, though here in Colombia they barely do those tournaments, and I haven't heard of them planning to do so. Totally going for Rosalina & Luma and probably Little Mac in that aspect.

I hope I'd go to one of those tournaments though, but I get nervous as ff*ck jhahajjaja. I need to get used to them first, though.

Yep, nerves are a big thing. I remember being a nervous wreck back in 2008 when deciding if i should go to my first Brawl tournament. I got wrecked but I kept on going to tournaments because I wanted to be good at the game. I didn't overcome my nerves until 2009 and I only got really good at Brawl in mid-late 2009. Started getting Top 3 sometime in 2010 and started to get 2nd/1st in 2011 and dominated Brawl in my scene until this day. It takes time to get good at any of the Smash games but don't let that discourage you. I started Melee competitively sometime in 2011 and while I am one of the better ones, the ones that I can't beat (HDL, Excel Zero and Master Gheb) have been playing since 2001, 2004 and 2005 respectively so they have a bunch of experience over me. I learn fast but not fast enough to beat them yet. Getting into Melee is entirely possible still, you'll get wrecked right away and need to effort a lot but it's worth it. I've only been getting Top 5 in Melee here but that's good for someone relatively new to Melee. As for Project M, It's fairly newish in my area. We all started with a tourney back in 2.6 in late 2013. So our scene for Project M is fairly new. I'm one of the Top 3 for it mostly because of my experience with both Brawl and melee tbh.

Yep, nerves are a big thing. I remember being a nervous wreck back in 2008 when deciding if i should go to my first Brawl tournament. I got wrecked but I kept on going to tournaments because I wanted to be good at the game. I didn't overcome my nerves until 2009 and I only got really good at Brawl in mid-late 2009. Started getting Top 3 sometime in 2010 and started to get 2nd/1st in 2011 and dominated Brawl in my scene until this day. It takes time to get good at any of the Smash games but don't let that discourage you. I started Melee competitively sometime in 2011 and while I am one of the better ones, the ones that I can't beat (HDL, Excel Zero and Master Gheb) have been playing since 2001, 2004 and 2005 respectively so they have a bunch of experience over me. I learn fast but not fast enough to beat them yet. Getting into Melee is entirely possible still, you'll get wrecked right away and need to effort a lot but it's worth it. I've only been getting Top 5 in Melee here but that's good for someone relatively new to Melee. As for Project M, It's fairly newish in my area. We all started with a tourney back in 2.6 in late 2013. So our scene for Project M is fairly new. I'm one of the Top 3 for it mostly because of my experience with both Brawl and melee tbh.

All my experience with tournaments is my Job Corps stuff with Melee, Brawl and PM and only one is near pro level and I win mostly against him and we even out in Brawl. I hope to meet you at apex, also I'm figuring out stage bans and such.. could you pm me to give me a better idea how it works and how game and watch hammer works?

I wonder if Marth will use the Shield of Seals for any of his new special moves. It's weird it has been completely unrepresented in his moveset so far.

I wonder if Marth will use the Shield of Seals for any of his new special moves. It's weird it has been completely unrepresented in his moveset so far.

It's not like Sakurai is super duper must-stick-to-canon stuff. I agree it's odd that it's never /shown/ though. Not even in taunts.

Speaking of taunts, does anyone else find it hilarious that Luigi has one that not only does DAMAGE, but can also METEOR? lol

Speaking of taunts, does anyone else find it hilarious that Luigi has one that not only does DAMAGE, but can also METEOR? lol

snake's is better
8:20 Edited by Comet

Probably because Marths move set is more inspired by fe4/5 swordmasters then his own games lol

Probably because Marths move set is more inspired by fe4/5 swordmasters then his own games lol

One weird thing is that his forward smash is very clearly based off of Roy's Sword of Seals attack animations and since they debuted in Smash at the same time with an identical moveset it was probably made without even considering which of them it was going to be used for. At least they changed shield breaker to a thrust in brawl.

Jotari, isn't it the other way around? Sword of Seals wasn't even out when The two of them debuted. But even so, I see what you mean

Edited by The King

Jotari, isn't it the other way around? Sword of Seals wasn't even out when The two of them debuted. Nut even so, I see what you mean

They were being made at the same time but I guess it's possible they decided to lift something from Smash for Roy instead of the other way round.

Yeah sword of seals wasn't even out and Sakurai only saw Roys concept art so that's a doubtful connection

Sakurai still knew about the Sword of Seals and its fire properties though. So he might have also been shown gameplay of Roy attacking with it.