SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or release it during the black Friday rush. So much mayhem. :awesome:

Releasing it a week before then would be a pretty good idea on Nintendo's part so hey.

NOOOO!!! STAPH RIGHT THERE DANNY SEXBANG!!

Hey it's an idea Mrs Pacman would be 100x better but the crappy tv show one has a chance.

Also Nintendo would be smart to release the Gamecube adapter the same day as SmashU.

Yeah, I was about to say, Smash is going to be bundled with the adapter. I hope I can preorder a copy without the adapter though, because I won't need it. I don't plan to use a GC controller, and mine has gone missing for some weird reason anyway.

Yeah, I was about to say, Smash is going to be bundled with the adapter. I hope I can preorder a copy without the adapter though, because I won't need it. I don't plan to use a GC controller, and mine has gone missing for some weird reason anyway.

I preordered the other day and both options (bundle with the controller and game alone) were available, so you shouldn't have a problem there.

As for the release date, they have it set for "Holiday 2014," which is a 95% chance of being November.

Yeah, Nintendo seems to have a habit of releasing games around the end of a month or around the beginning, so I'm betting on late November/early December myself.

Yeah, Nintendo seems to have a habit of releasing games around the end of a month or around the beginning, so I'm betting on late November/early December myself.

December's a bit late I think, cause lots of families do holiday shopping on or before Black Friday. Late November sounds okay though. Maybe early too.

I think when the Wii U version comes out, I'll have to ask one of you guys to confirm, or deconfirm the presence of a Dual-Audio option.

I don't think I can wait for region free hacking like I did for the Wii, so I might have to get that import Wii U I've wanted a little sooner than expected.

Behehe that thread title.

Hey I wonder how you guys would feel about doing some kind of SFF Smash tournament for kicks and giggles or something?

People threw around the idea of tourneys here a bunch of times already lol. Of course there's going to be at least one. :P

I plan to start a thread, in fact. People seemed to like my tourney organization skills back in the days where I played lots of Brawl with online friends.

I would definitely be up for that. I've had tournaments with Smash communities before and they've been tons of fun. Would you be interested in recording the matches and putting them on Youtube?

i'm planning on hosting a super bash sisters tournament

either that or i'll make somebody else host one

Edited by Comet

I would definitely be up for that. I've had tournaments with Smash communities before and they've been tons of fun. Would you be interested in recording the matches and putting them on Youtube?

Sure, if it becomes possible for me. :P And if I can remember to record and save them at all. lol

Sure, if it becomes possible for me. :P And if I can remember to record and save them at all. lol

What we would do is have a third person who suicides at the start of the match and stays on to mc what's happening since the fighters are mostly concentrating on fighting, all three being in a skype call with each other. One of the three, usually the mc records the footage using a capture card and then we all record our audio with it simply a process of sending them over and mixing them together. I'll use this as an opportunity to plug one of them to show what I mean first hand.

I'm obviously up to win (shots fired) play an online sm4sh tournament.

Speaking of, here's to hoping the sm4sh wifi is as godlike as I hear MK8's is.

I wouldn't say MK8's is godlike. It still has lag where people teleport everywhere out of nowhere. I hope Smash Wii U/3DS has BETTER online.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm obviously up to win (shots fired) play an online sm4sh tournament.

Speaking of, here's to hoping the sm4sh wifi is as godlike as I hear MK8's is.

Hopefully they use the Tekken online netcode because Brawl's netcode was god awful.

Also MK8's netcode while is a huge improvement over MKWiis and MK8, it still has a lot of online synchronizing issues like Items boxes not disappearing when a player crosses it or lag where a player is shown to be behind when they are really in front and graphical updates that shows that you hit a player when you really didn't and that green shell you just used was actually worthless. It's far from godlike or perfect. But this is intentional.

Edited by kingddd

Huh? Interesting. One of my IRL friends (and fellow competitive smash player) told me MK8's online is amazing. Guess he's never found those issues or just thinks it's godlike in comparison to brawl's shittiness >_>

Yeah, Brawl's wasn't the best, but Sakurai is a smart guy and I'm sure he's aware of all the complaints about it. I've got faith in him that he'll make Smash Wii U/3DS's better. He's a video game god, this guy. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Huh? Interesting. One of my IRL friends (and fellow competitive smash player) told me MK8's online is amazing. Guess he's never found those issues or just thinks it's godlike in comparison to brawl's shittiness >_>

The thing is most players don't notice this because they designed Mario Kart's Online netcode like many other racing games to have a very smooth graphical experience but with a very desynchronized netcode to graphical update. They do this to not make the game have any graphical lag on your end of the system but in reality a lot of stuff in background is a laggy mess. Which is why you have a lot of players jumping around if your connection with a specific player isn't smooth. This is the reason why Mario Kart's online feels so smooth but in reality if you have a really bad connection, players would look like they're jumping all over the place on your end. They do this because it doesn't stress the network as much and the graphical can run really well for the players.

Now Brawl's online netcode was completely different from Mario Kart because in fighting games they have to be precise. Graphics, hitboxes and everything with items and stuff all have to have happen in real time with the graphics. Which is why it graphically lagged a lot because everything has to be in synch with the netcode updates. This isn't a problem just for Brawl. A lot of fighting games have this issue. To lag compensate it, they make controller input lag on purpose in order to alleviate the graphical lags but at the cost of properly synchronizing the player's control. Many of Namco's games like SCV and Tekken Tag Tournament has an amazing netcode system and if the connection isn't smooth it will do the above scenario. However with Smash Bros 4's online with its items, 4 players, stage hazard effects, it's probably a real big challenge for them unlike the 2 player fighting games.