SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are okay with it lol. I just felt that taking out hatred on a bunch of pixels sounded silly. xP

There's nothing weird about dealing with your hatred of a fighting game character the way the game intends. I can beat up Lucario, you can beat up Lucina. Everyone has an "L-U-C" character they hate, but only Sakurai has the power to erase an "L-U-C" character from existence entirely (OK, maybe that joke was a bit too soon), so the rest of us should just deal with them without restricting our gameplay experience.

There's no need to be like that, geez.

oh come on, im not being snarky, i was making yet another spongebob reference. Why so joyless?

I love how we have to repeat this so many times.

I've gotten sick of how many times that people HAVE to say it.

Arr.

My apologies for not responding to anyone, I was busy doing other things. I wasn't ignoring anyone, I SWEAR.

But if you guys care about me so much, it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes. I'm not saying you DON'T care, but it just doesn't come off that way to me. And I know some people here know I have issues with realizing what's supposed to hurt me and what isn't. You know, being too defensive and all that...

Maybe I'm being a bit extreme with the Lucina thing, but I guess I have no choice if I'm going to get reported for leaving a lot of matches. Looks like I'll have to deal with her. But I suppose kicking her butt every now and then isn't that bad. :P

That-a-girl. /patpat

Cuz really, one character shouldnt ruin your enjoyment of the game and you shouldnt let it. Dark Pit? Yeah you know, im not fond of that. But its like "yeah whatever. DHDoge, bitches. Up in your Smash, snickering at your dome."

Look. On. The. Bright. Side. Of. Life. *whistle whistle whistle whistle*

I will never understand why people obsess over meaningless achievements. *shake head*

Why you gotta kill the joy? Why..

oh come on, im not being snarky

It seemed like it to me.

i was making yet another spongebob reference.

I've never watched Spongebob SquarePants.

Why so joyless?

Why you gotta kill the joy? Why..

You know how people have this thing called a "personality"? Well, mine is set to "serious" at all times.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

This might be off topic, and sorry if it is, but can someone explain to me why people want Ridley? (In a civilized matter please) I've played the Metroid Prime games and a few of 2d games, but I just don't see anything special about Ridley aside from that he's in a lot of the games. He just shows up, then you shoot him with missiles until he dies with little effort. (In each appearance he's even easier than Bowser in the Mario games, at least to me) Not to sound rude, I just would like to know why people want him. (This question was prompted by reading the outrage on the Ridley thread at Smash Boards) I don't mean to insult anyone, I'm just curious.

Edited by Shulk

This might be off topic, and sorry if it is, but can someone explain to me why people want Ridley? (In a civilized matter please) I've played the Metroid Prime games and a few of 2d games, but I just don't see anything special about Ridley aside from that he's in a lot of the games. He just shows up, then you shoot him with missiles until he dies with little effort. (In each appearance he's even easier than Bowser in the Mario games, at least to me) Not to sound rude, I just would like to know why people want him. (This question was prompted by reading the outrage on the Ridley thread at Smash Boards)

If I was a Ridley fan this is what I would say. Keep in mind this is just from my perspective and I am not a supporter of Ridley.

Most of them want a new Metroid rep to be playable instead of just Samus. He's also the most prominent villain in the entire series and there is a backstory of the Metroid lore where a young baby samus encountered ridley when she was young and her entire colony was wiped out except for her. The story then continues with the Chozo nurturing the young samus and she gets a bit conflicted with her emotions a bit. This was told in the perspective of the Metroid manga which was not released outside of Japan. Which is why majority of the North American and European fans would only see Ridley as a badass dragon who kills things. So there is a bit of rivalry between them considering the amount of revenge Samus had to endure until she finally encountered him. Of course they decided to keep reviving him because Space Pirate magic.

They kind of screwed this up a bit in Other M's story consistency with her encounter in the game but that's beside the point.

So yeah he does have a pretty relevance to the Metroid series as a whole instead of just being that one badass purple dragon. However him being playable for me is a different matter.

Give the Metroid manga a read if you ever have the chance.

Edited by kingddd

This might be off topic, and sorry if it is, but can someone explain to me why people want Ridley? (In a civilized matter please) I've played the Metroid Prime games and a few of 2d games, but I just don't see anything special about Ridley aside from that he's in a lot of the games. He just shows up, then you shoot him with missiles until he dies with little effort. (In each appearance he's even easier than Bowser in the Mario games, at least to me) Not to sound rude, I just would like to know why people want him. (This question was prompted by reading the outrage on the Ridley thread at Smash Boards) I don't mean to insult anyone, I'm just curious.

Ridley is to Samus as Bowser is to Mario and Ganon is to Link. Of course Metroid fans are going to want him.

If I was a Ridley fan this is what I would say. Keep in mind this is just from my perspective and I am not a supporter of Ridley.

Most of them want a new Metroid rep to be playable instead of just Samus. He's also the most prominent villain in the entire series and there is a backstory of the Metroid lore where a young baby samus encountered ridley when she was young and her entire colony was wiped out except for her. The story then continues with the Chozo nurturing the young samus and she gets a bit conflicted with her emotions a bit. This was told in the perspective of the Metroid manga which was not released outside of Japan. Which is why majority of the North American and European fans would only see Ridley as a badass dragon who kills things. So there is a bit of rivalry between them considering the amount of revenge Samus had to endure until she finally encountered him. Of course they decided to keep reviving him because Space Pirate magic.

They kind of screwed this up a bit in Other M's story consistency with her encounter in the game but that's beside the point.

So yeah he does have a pretty relevance to the Metroid series as a whole instead of just being that one badass purple dragon. However him being playable for me is a different matter.

I understand now, thanks for the info.

Well, it seems like spoilers aren't a thing, still hope DLC is a thing though.

I'm actually quite sad about Ridley though, I haven't looked at the spoilers but I assume he is a boss now right? Dang, this game was almost perfect for me.

Edited by Knight

Well, it seems like spoilers aren't a thing, still hope DLC is a thing though.

I'm actually quite sad about Ridley though, I haven't looked at the spoilers but I assume he is a boss now right? Dang, this game was almost perfect for me.

The status of Ridley is still technically unconfirmed. The stage he would be a boss in is only on the Wii U version. All we know for now is that he hasn't appeared at all in the 3DS version.

The status of Ridley is still technically unconfirmed. The stage he would be a boss in is only on the Wii U version. All we know for now is that he hasn't appeared at all in the 3DS version.

I've been hearing rumours about a leaker who has accurately predicted a lot of recent info and that he said Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie are present in the game. I've also heard another rumour (related, same person? Haven't kept track) that there may be characters unlocked by connecting to the Wii U version. Has this source been deconfirmed?

"Hope will never die" -Lucina

I've been hearing rumours about a leaker who has accurately predicted a lot of recent info and that he said Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie are present in the game. I've also heard another rumour (related, same person? Haven't kept track) that there may be characters unlocked by connecting to the Wii U version. Has this source been deconfirmed?

"Hope will never die" -Lucina

Neither has necessarily been disconfirmed, but neither has either really proven themselves to be legit.

What's a conquest battle?

Looks a bit like like tournament-style crew battles, except with a maximum of 3 crews and internet conectivity. I can only read katakana, so I could be wrong about this.

It also looks as if these only occur on a set schedule and can't be started on your own.

R2D2 is the only android we need

Alright guys with the starting roster. First character you're going to use? First thing you're going to do?

For me, Mario to Classic mode.

Shulk, straight into Classic for ~reasons~. THEN, I SMASH THAT PUNCHING BAG WITH A BAT!

Got the link?

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/secret/292

FINALLY

A REASON TO GET THIS GAME

NNNFFFF

11632997m.jpg

*Giggling*

Um...you should state "MASSIVE SPOILERS" warning for this as this is way too impactive. Luckily, I only saw the Jigglypuff part as I wasn't warned that this was filled with new character reveals and massive spoilers. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

You'd think that a link with secret in the URL would kind of tip that off ~o3o~

It looked like it was from Miiverse. This information might not be legit, but don't want to risk further spoiling the game as enough of it has been thrown as it is. x.x