SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

The combo is legit, Robin is forced to stand thanks to ZSS's down smash, and the footstool prevents teching.

In the video it looks like Robin starts getting up before ZSS does her down smash though.

EDIT: Oh Robin is FORCED to stand? I thought the IC's chain grabs were bad...

Edited by Shulk

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might be problem, but if it only works on Robin... well GOOD FOR ZERO SUIT LOVERS.

Yay ZSS! BRING IN THE LOVE

I'm glad ZSS looks good, but I'm not happy about any infinite combo with no way to get out of. Looks like people will have to avoid playing as Robin when fighting ZSS.

I still don't understand why it's common knowledge that this only works on robin...

I would guess that people who have the game saw this and tried it on other characters and saw that it didn't work.

I still don't understand why it's common knowledge that this only works on robin...

Some people are very dedicated to finding out everything about the game. It seems like Robin has the perfect weight and falling speed for this combo. This is kind of worrying, because this may make Robin a very easy character to combo. Not that I'll use him/her very much, it's just infinite combos with now way to get out of bother me.

I'm glad ZSS looks good, but I'm not happy about any infinite combo with no way to get out of. Looks like people will have to avoid playing as Robin when fighting ZSS.

lol good. robin can go die.

Hmm... that would be an issue, for 1 v. 1 and tournaments. I hope people can find a way to work around it, because I really don't want my favorite to be infamous :(

But Team Battles? Forget about it! Free-For-All (3-4 players)? Forget about it! Any other player could easily hurt ZSS / Robin and destroy the infinite combo.

Well, if it only works on Robin and no one else, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean ZSS is the next Meta Knight or anything. It just means that I'll have to avoid using Robin against Carter. xP I mean, Ike's chain-grab only works on Bowser as far as I know in Brawl, so...

Edited by Anacybele

A lot of times a fighter will have an infinite that is difficult to continuously pull off in order to buff up their fighting capability. Like El Fuerte in SF4, who has an infinite, but without it, he'd be terrible in competitive matches. The catch is that the timing is very precise, so that even pros have trouble keeping it up.

ZSS had a similar infinite on ROB in Brawl. It only worked on ROB because ROB had the right combination of height and weight, and ZSS was considered a hard counter to ROB because of it. With the changes to the game mechanics, it appears that Robin now has the perfect weight and height this time. This is considered an infinite because you can't escape from the footstool jump by rolling or teching.

This isn't a threshold thing, so it doesn't mean that every character taller and heavier than Robin is subject to the infinite. Some characters were too tall or too heavy to be infinited by ZSS in Brawl and it's likely the same thing here.

So basically, any time you're fighting a Robin in this game, ZSS will hard counter them.

So Robin can't do any sort of floor recovery?

Anyway, the chances that this might happen may vary. Considering that she has to hit Robin with the Paralyzer projectile, and competitive Robin players (if there will be) will prolly abuse projectiles, it might be unlikely. Though, ZSS's agility might make up for it, and a good ZSS can outmaneuver Robin even when he throws lightning balls and other stuff (his B moves has enough lag for the speedy ZSS to get close). I guess it all depends on who's smarter.

So Robin can't do any sort of floor recovery?

Anyway, the chances that this might happen may vary. Considering that she has to hit Robin with the Paralyzer projectile, and competitive Robin players (if there will be) will prolly abuse projectiles, it might be unlikely. Though, ZSS's agility might make up for it, and a good ZSS can outmaneuver Robin even when he throws lightning balls and other stuff (his B moves has enough lag for the speedy ZSS to get close). I guess it all depends on who's smarter.

well ZSS will eventually get in, so all she has to do is get the down smash and pretend to be ICs when she does

Just got a 10 minute ban from quitting a laggy match. I... I guess I see what they're going for, but... ahhh... man.

Anyhoo, I gotta say some characters are really fun fighting against, while others can be some pretty arduous matches. It's crazy how different the game can feel when fighting different characters. Just you wait until I figure out your gimmicks, Villager... >:(

Well, Sakurai just handed an even BIGGER disappointment than ever. He's announced on Miiverse that he won't be revealing any new information anymore, his pics of the day are just going to be funny stuff. Not that I mind funny stuff, but this is essentially saying that the WiI U version has nothing worth announcing, no new exclusive modes, or anything. This means no stage builder and none of Brawl's features that aren't present in the 3DS version.

I don't want to start saying that Sakurai isn't as cool as I thought anymore, but this is sure giving me the urge to. I mean, if the Wii U version has nothing exclusive, what's going to make people buy it besides that Wii U button sitting on the 3DS version's menu?

Well, Sakurai just handed an even BIGGER disappointment than ever. He's announced on Miiverse that he won't be revealing any new information anymore, his pics of the day are just going to be funny stuff. Not that I mind funny stuff, but this is essentially saying that the WiI U version has nothing worth announcing, no new exclusive modes, or anything. This means no stage builder and none of Brawl's features that aren't present in the 3DS version.

I don't want to start saying that Sakurai isn't as cool as I thought anymore, but this is sure giving me the urge to. I mean, if the Wii U version has nothing exclusive, what's going to make people buy it besides that Wii U button sitting on the 3DS version's menu?

or it just means that he's not revealing anything else. Time will tell

I mean it doesn't mean there's NOTHING, it just means there's not much he wants to reveal outside of a new Nintendo Direct maybe. There was only gonna be a new mode or two anyway I'm guessing, so not enough to make a daily serial out of for two months, we've seen enough pictures of menus.

As for why people would get the Wii U one, a lot of people were only going to get the Wii U one until they announced the 3DS one is coming out first, so that kind of explains a bit about the buyers. It's smash on consoles.

Well, I hope you're right, but I'm not getting my hopes up high. And yeah, we've seen 3DS menus. We've not seen a single Wii U menu yet (aside from a character select screen at E3). I'm assuming the style of the menu is the same on the Wii U, but the buttons could be different because of exclusive stuff and whatnot.

And really? I thought most people were only going for the 3DS because 1. it's Smash on the go, and 2. most people already have a 3DS but not a Wii U.

Edited by Anacybele

It's not disappointing to me, and I'm sure to some others do to. Some of us actually like to laugh xD.

But no new info means no unlockable characters on main site... But maybe we'll see a Wii U screen later in the year.

GG Robin.

WELL...

lol

Robin isn't going to be used by many whenever ZSS is on the field. Now we know Robin's biggest counter.

I mean, if the Wii U version has nothing exclusive, what's going to make people buy it besides that Wii U button sitting on the 3DS version's menu?

Better graphics.

Edited by PuffPuff

It's rather nice that some are having fun with this game now and surprises are more than expected. Rainbow Road for a stage. Like. Wow.

To help you overcome the waiting of this Smash game...

Already having Final Fantasy IV The After Years keeping me busy as well. I recommend playing this for those who are waiting for this game (SSB4). As it is addictive enough to get you to play it for weeks non stop. Especially with all of the tails, adamitite pieces that you have to win in the after years. Plus the rare equipment and the Lunar Ruins post game that you can do in the original game. Try it. It helps. (Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection)

So far...am liking the game's surprises. But...still...what is the point in the Wii'U's version other than better graphics?

Edited by PuffPuff