SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ganondorf needs his badass long hair from Hyrule Warriors but he does look good in this game.

I want that as DLC for the Wii U version.

Also, I love the fact that the options screen lets you mute voices as well as sound effects unlike it just being two in Brawl.

I can basically have my UNDUB by taking the voices from the 3DS version in videos. Meh.

Anyways, I am sorely disappointed at the lack of item frequency options in the 3DS version.

There is only でる and でない, which is just "On" and "Off" respectively.

lwmkyHS.png

I hope it's not just like that in the Wii U version.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I am sorely disappointed at the lack of item frequency options in the 3DS version.

lwmkyHS.png

But you can turn items on and off, right?

Sometimes I only want the Smash Ball. Some of the other items are soooooooo annoying,

Sometimes I only want the Smash Ball. Some of the other items are soooooooo annoying,

He meant the frequency like low, medium or high.

He meant the frequency like low, medium or high.

This means I acknowledged him when he said that. I know what he said.

That's why I said "but you can".

"There is no frequency meter." "[darn there is no frequency meter], BUT can you choose which items to turn on and off?" i'm not an idiot

Edited by Carter

I want that as DLC for the Wii U version.

Also, I love the fact that the options screen lets you mute voices as well as sound effects unlike it just being two in Brawl.

I can basically have my UNDUB by taking the voices from the 3DS version in videos. Meh.

lwmkyHS.png

I hope it's not just like that in the Wii U version.

I'm guessing they really want to maintain that 60fps throughout the entire gameplay so they only have a default on or off. Wii U version most likely will have the frequency option.

Good for Canada.

have fun kingddd. I wouldn't participate even it was for the US too. I don't think I'm good enough xD. I'd just hide in unreachable areas and stall there with Peach.

saw it yesterday considering it but midterms are usually around that time so I'm looking into my options. Luckily most of them don't seem to be around my exam times so I may participate.

Uh, why wouldn't it be in the US as well? Reggie was the one that started it and he's the president of NoA. :/

Did you even see the video cover.

"Announcement from Reggie Fils-Aime to CANADA."

Of course though, this could all just be a big understanding. But in the video, there were links to CANADIAN websites. Really though, it did say Canada in the video multiple times, and the title of the video is "Nintendo of Canada".

Of course though, this could all just be a big understanding. But in the video, there were links to CANADIAN websites. Really though, it did say Canada in the video multiple times, and the title of the video is "Nintendo of Canada".

Funny enough I live pretty near where the Nintendo of Canada headquarter is. I went there about 4 times but most of it was for Nintendo tech support for my broken Wii and 3ds. I've had some weird repair stories that have occured where I was compensated for my time but I don't think anyone will believe it anyway.

I heard this game has broken some people's analog controlers. Is that true?

yes but it's mostly from people attempting to play like they're on a gamecube controller. If you maintain smooth and gentle push on the circle pad you should be fine.

Edited by kingddd

(Demo before game release)

omJEWA.jpg
jzgbVy.jpg
2d3AEk.jpg

This is the greatest day of the year. :D

This demo vid and couple pics is all I'll show until US release. I want to be respectful to others that don't yet have this awesome game!

Edited by PuffPuff

Did you even see the video cover.

"Announcement from Reggie Fils-Aime to CANADA."

Well yeah, of COURSE I saw it. I assumed that Reggie was expanding something already in the US to Canada.

I want that ZSS figure.

As a collector of figures, the first4figure samus (the one reggie has) isn't that great imo. Saw it in person and her face ruins the statue. The face is the most important part of a figure and if it doesn't look right, that devalues it pretty significantly.

The MaxFactory is 100 times much better. I own one and I love it. It maybe the other M model but her face makes the figure.

[spoiler=first4figurevsmaxfactory]

First4figure

first4figures-zerosuitsamus-01.jpg

Maxfactory

FIG-IPN-3176_01.jpg

Edited by kingddd

(Demo before game release)

omJEWA.jpg
jzgbVy.jpg
2d3AEk.jpg

This is the greatest day of the year. :D

This demo vid and couple pics is all I'll show until US release. I want to be respectful to others that don't yet have this awesome game!

Can I PM you about spoilers?! I'm so happy you got the game for yourself!

All I have to do is wait for me!

I like the Koopalings. I'm glad to see more of them. Besides, nobody complained about the sudden attention Rosalina was getting. She became playable in Super Mario 3D World and then Smash Bros.

Now an actual valid complaint by Mario fans is the lack of love for Daisy. Her only appearance in the main series was her debut in Super Mario Land. Why the flying fuck hasn't she been used since? :( She's awesome and would make for just as fun a playable character as Rosalina.

We would like that, but she hardly had any apperance outside of third party games such as Mario Kart and what not?

A Daisy alt for Peach instead of a costume would be nice.

DTYTr0.jpg

No alt.

We want her own character.

Yeah, I was hoping for it since Bowser Jr. got the Koopalings. I don't care if Daisy using a Toad shield would've looked funny. xP

axzage.jpg
Toad should be his own character. -.-

I think it's still interesting while we wait for the game to come out in English.

Localization costs and management is why that NA and Euro is getting delayed for a few weeks.
But...once we get our hands on it, it'll then be easy to wait for the Wii-U's version.

Captain Toad would be badass. Since he can't jump he could borrow a pair of ZSS's Rocket Boots!

I wasn't aware Daisy had lots of fans. That's cool though, maybe they should do something with her like the koopalings. I always just thought people tossed her in the "extra" mario characters pile with Waluigi.

Yeah...
Like Toad could use a move that would send his team player in the air for better help for those who have bad recovery like Little Mac.
You never know. She might actually be in this Smash game! :D

...King Wart for Smash.

smb2-wart.jpg

No. -.-
Trophy is as far as he goes right now. But...he just might make it in Smash 5. Since they always want enough new things before creating another smash game!

Have you watched the Super Mario Bros movie? That aint' no spinoff

Yes. =)
Watch it here if you so desire.

I've been shown this before. And I don't see how it's relevant to anything. Also, hearing ANY phrase over and over for thirty fucking minutes is going to be annoying.

Mute.

Earthbound/Mother should be higher priority), which is dumb. FE is a much larger series overall and probably has a bigger fanbase too.

Still won't stop diehard fans like me from playing/recording the Mother 4 hack in the winter time when it comes out.

Hey guys, Sakurai addressed the lack of Ice Climbers. The gist of it is that they indeed weren't working on 3DS, and priority wasn't given to them because their series won't be having another game.

It also mentions that they were running on Wii U, which suggests they were fully made. If Ice Climbers don't appear on Wii U, the statement that the 3DS version wouldn't limit the Wii U version will turn out to have been a lie in the end.

sqd3m2.jpg
KfRSI1.jpg
For something that involves hurting innocent cute animals (Which NOA didn't want us to see) is no wonder that it doesn't get another game!

Sakurai probably made that statement before his team realized that they were never going to get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS.

He could do separate/alternate to get them in, but it wouldn't be the same if they don't fight together. -.-

Like Jave said, Sakurai is only human and he makes mistakes. But unlike what Jave said, it doesn't make him a blatant liar. It makes him a human being.

Yeah. :D
It's a miracle that he's still in business. ;)

Is it odd that Captain Falcon is more well knowed in Smash than his own series?

F-Zero has been dead long ago.

vz42zw.jpg
IQIFjL.jpg

Why else would the official Smash site not mention that you want to know more about Falcon?

I like the idea of both, actually. I found that Smash is good for me to play at work even on my 15 minute break because two-minute matches are quick, but fun. And it has great replay value, so if I'm on a long plane ride or something, it'll keep me occupied the whole time.

But it's equally great at home because big screen, comfy couch, playing together with friends, etc.

Exactly. :D
That's why Sakurai planned to make one of these portable. :D
That's what Wii-U's version is there for!

Can I PM you about spoilers?! I'm so happy you got the game for yourself!

All I have to do is wait for me!

Sure. :D
Ask away.
Edited by PuffPuff