SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Removing it at all would be just dumb, imo. Especially if the trophy model was positioned to where it didnt reveal anything.

Positioning wouldn't matter considering you have a camera in trophy view to see them from all angles...

I don't think it's really a big deal, though. Tharja's popular, but not exactly important. Since this is Nintendo, a lower rating probably means a lot for them, so if that was the reason for the removal, I can't find myself complaining. Whether or not I think the trophy should have gotten the game a higher rating is a different story, but that's on ESRB, not Nintendo.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, the Tharja trophy was apparently removed from the Japanese version, but the ESRB footage was from the American version, so maybe it's still there in the American version?

The thing is, the Tharja trophy was apparently removed from the Japanese version, but the ESRB footage was from the American version, so maybe it's still there in the American version?

I..what? Why would it be removed in the Japanese version? Oh this is getting confusing...

Hold on, is the Tharja trophy in the Japanese version or not?

so far no one has found it and analyzing the ROM dump no one found it in any of the trophy icons. It's generally agreed it's been removed in the final Japanese version.

Edited by kingddd

Seems pointless honestly. What good does it do?

Combat wise nothing. Psychological and morality wise, it's to insult the players. Most of the Smash Bros taunts are very tame compared to say other games like TF2.

Would anyone be interested in setting up semi-frequent tournaments once the 3DS and (eventually) Wii U versions come out into Europe and the Americas? I've been talking with a few people already and they're super interested, so I want to extent the proposal out into the public to see who else would be interested in weekly or bi-weekly tournaments.

They'd likely be every Saturday and would probably take a few hours. Ideally we could get the whole thing done in an afternoon, depending on time zones.

Would anyone be interested in setting up semi-frequent tournaments once the 3DS and (eventually) Wii U versions come out into Europe and the Americas? I've been talking with a few people already and they're super interested, so I want to extent the proposal out into the public to see who else would be interested in weekly or bi-weekly tournaments.

They'd likely be every Saturday and would probably take a few hours. Ideally we could get the whole thing done in an afternoon, depending on time zones.

A few weeks ago I unpinned the previous "About Tournaments" topic for the explicit purpose of creating a better formula once we want to do them here, so I support the idea as long as it's well-organized and I would gladly participate.

The Ice Climbers thing and the Star Wolf music on Corneria make me think DLC is going to be a thing in this. Are Wolf's moves custom moves for Fox?

Fox has all of Wolfs specials as customs same for Ness in terms of Lucas.

Also yea to tournaments, I'd be able to play mostly on weekends.. at job corps I don't have internet, but I do at the college, McDonalds and other places.

Due to the college I'd probably be able to play there fore a little after my daily classes, which end at 3 but I'd want dinner and such so I dno. It varies highly for me

I'm all for tournaments. I'm available weekday nights and weekends.

I actually organized a Brawl tournament on another board myself years ago, so I can help set up the rules if anyone wants.