SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Sakurai doesn't translate the game into English though... NoA does.

Also, people thought it was "tradition" for FE to only have two reps. That definitely wasn't the case.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakurai doesn't translate the game into English though... NoA does.

Also, people thought it was "tradition" for FE to only have two reps. That definitely wasn't the case.

Roster length hasn't been a tradition. There was no tradition between Melee and Brawl.

People still thought there was. I saw dozens of folks saying that Chrom would replace Ike. Some even said Lucina would also replace Marth. I thought both ideas were completely retarded, but still.

I love the way ZSS says "You're mine" at 3:04.

And Zelda's new taunt looks great too! It looks like her Brawl Taunt though, just giving her a different pose.

Did I miss Lucina in that smashtaunts youtube?

Also, j/c, Where did Planking!Luigi come from exactly? his Green Missile and his planking taunt don't make sense to me but I'm not sure if i'm just ill-informed or not?

So how about that pic of the day?

It looks awesome. As a fan of the Pokefloats stage in Melee, I'm happy to see all these "switch to another platform" stages. Plus I like Star Fox and the Great Fox looks glorious in HD. Edited by Knight

Really, in most of the gameplay matches I've watched, people have been doing alright with any characters, and even though a tier list wasn't officially established by that time, people still beat each other with seemingly low tiers like Mac or even Ness. I could probably be beaten by a good Ike player or probably the nerfed Marth. Also, Tiers can usually change, kinda like how Jiggly was a high tier in Melee and later was placed into Top. Really, I kinda care less about the tiers in this game, because the game is actually quite well balanced.

I saw dozens of folks saying that Chrom would replace Ike.

I saw thousands of people say Chrom would be the new FE rep, and I even objected to how he was so special compared to Robin. People were all like "Chrom is #1 in the popularity list in males blah blah blah". Also, the only special thing Chrom has a glowing sword, whereas Ike was more unique compared to the other Lords, as he himself wasn't a lord in their right. Also, Ike could erupt blue flames, so Chrom really wouldn't have been a good choice to replace him. But yeah, according to Sakurai, he'd just be another plain royal snoot swordsman, and Robin was a WAY better choice. In case people complain about Lucina, she just got lucky...

Edited by カプリ

They only did taunts for the starting roster. Lucina is unlockable!

Ahh right; I can read...I promise!

Thx m8

Edited by Sara.

Marth never had an English voice actor though, maybe that's their reasoning. (And allowing them to save some bucks on a VA)

False, actually, the Fire Emblem OVA was dubbed into English even before Melee happened. He was called Mars in that, but still.

Anyway, I'm not putting much stock in any tier lists yet. It's way too early and there still seem to be a lot of varying opinions, like on Robin and Palutena, who I'm seeing near the top of some and near the bottom of others. A shame that the triforce trio seems to still be considered low by most, though, as well as Ike.

Things will change. In early Brawl days Zelda was mid tier, but now she's close to dead last. If people are really saying that even low tiers can be tournament viable, hopefully they're correct.

I saw thousands of people say Chrom would be the new FE rep, and I even objected to how he was so special compared to Robin. People were all like "Chrom is #1 in the popularity list in males blah blah blah". Also, the only special thing Chrom has a glowing sword, whereas Ike was more unique compared to the other Lords, as he himself wasn't a lord in their right. Also, Ike could erupt blue flames, so Chrom really wouldn't have been a clone. But yeah, according to Sakurai, he'd just be another plain royal snoot swordsman, and Robin was a WAY better choice. In case people complain about Lucina, she just got lucky...

Believe me, I totally agree with you. But it didn't stop people from saying that Ike would go and Chrom would join, because of dumb reasons like Chrom being the face of Awakening, being popular, having Aether, because of the Roy scenario, etc. In fact, I'm willing bet most of these people either only played Awakening or didn't play any FE games.

We've known this for ages. :P

I wasn't fucking asking you. Keep your mouth shut, and speak when told / asked.

Sara. was the one that asked the question, so I told him. OBVIOUSLY Lucina was known to be unlockable, I was just reminding because none of the unlockables were shown :P

EDIT: And don't tell me to calm down. Maybe if you weren't so fucking oblivious 24/7 you would have noticed I was just telling him that Lucina wasn't shown; THEREFORE unlockables weren't.

Edited by Carter

Believe me, I totally agree with you. But it didn't stop people from saying that Ike would go and Chrom would join, because of dumb reasons like Chrom being the face of Awakening, being popular, having Aether, because of the Roy scenario, etc. In fact, I'm willing bet most of these people either only played Awakening or didn't play any FE games.

Trust me, Ana, whenever I watched people's reaction to the Robin trailer, they ALL thought Chrom would be in either because he's the cover boy, or Gematsu said so. When Robin came in, they were clueless as fuck to who he is. Turns out most people just don't play FE. Still packing up for my 6+ hour wait tomorrow

I wasn't fucking asking you. Keep your mouth shut, and speak when told / asked.

Sara. was the one that asked the question, so I told him. OBVIOUSLY Lucina was known to be unlockable, I was just reminding because none of the unlockables were shown :P

EDIT: And don't tell me to calm down. Maybe if you weren't so fucking oblivious 24/7 you would have noticed I was just telling him that Lucina wasn't shown; THEREFORE unlockables weren't.

Excuse me, but lashing out at me wasn't necessary. You didn't fucking quote anyone, therefore I had no idea WHO you were fucking talking to. If you're pissed off at someone or something, go away and take it somewhere else.

EDIT:

Trust me, Ana, whenever I watched people's reaction to the Robin trailer, they ALL thought Chrom would be in either because he's the cover boy, or Gematsu said so. When Robin came in, they were clueless as fuck to who he is. Turns out most people just don't play FE. Still packing up for my 6+ hour wait tomorrow

Huh, well, that definitely explains a lot. I'm just glad that my prediction of the FE reps being Marth, Ike. and Robin was correct. It's true that I didn't expect Lucina to be anything more than a Marth swap or assist trophy, but Sakurai still originally planned for her to be a Marth swap, so I was almost entirely correct. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I am kind of discouraged now. Why are my preferred characters always terrible? :( It was the same with Melee. Neither Link nor Luigi were very high on the list. I hadn't known about a Pachirisu winning the Pokemon World Tournament though, that's pretty interesting.

in case anybody else hasn't said it yet, all characters are viable. this means that the differences between the best and worst aren't as extreme as in previous games. oh yeah and i beat people with pichu so you don't have it that bad lol.

Edited by Cornet

in case anybody else hasn't said it yet, all characters are viable. this means that the differences between the best and worst aren't as extreme as in previous games. oh yeah and i beat people with pichu so you don't have it that bad lol.

Yeah, that's already been said. lol

I saw thousands of people say Chrom would be the new FE rep, and I even objected to how he was so special compared to Robin. People were all like "Chrom is #1 in the popularity list in males blah blah blah". Also, the only special thing Chrom has a glowing sword, whereas Ike was more unique compared to the other Lords, as he himself wasn't a lord in their right. Also, Ike could erupt blue flames, so Chrom really wouldn't have been a good choice to replace him. But yeah, according to Sakurai, he'd just be another plain royal snoot swordsman, and Robin was a WAY better choice. In case people complain about Lucina, she just got lucky...

I'd personally say Chrom is a pretty unique lord, as he's probably the only lord in the series (barring Sigurd maybe) who actually knows how to act and be a leader from the start of the game, every other lord learns gradually the responsibilities of leadership. (Is there no part of the forum where Awakening criticism doesn't eventually become a topic of discussion? I must refrain from speaking further)

I'm saying all this yet I always preferred Lucina over Chrom, go figure.

Edited by Knight

I'd personally say Chrom is a pretty unique lord, as he's probably the only lord in the series (barring Sigurd maybe) who actually knows how to act and be a leader from the start of the game, every other lord learns gradually the responsibilities of leadership. (Is there no part of the forum where Awakening criticism doesn't eventually become a topic of discussion? I must refrain from speaking further)

I'm saying all this yet I always preferred Lucina over Chrom, go figure.

That's his character though. It's his moveset that's makes him interesting or boring when it comes to Smash which he admittedly doesn't have much going for him. Ike has a much more distinctive fighting style with animations that just suit smash and also fits a niche on the roster that other characters don't. Even if Ike was a complete brick character wise he would still be a better choice than Chrom because his moveset does more.

Yeah, besides maybe Hector, Ike is the only lord in the series that could be a heavyweight, isn't bishie, has unique skills (the first Aether guy ftw), even a unique sword. No other lord has a blade that's gold and shoots badass shockwaves. Though sadly, Smash has yet to give him those shockwaves. >.>

That's true, Chrom is very Ike-like, in stature, fighting style and somewhat in appearance. I'm sure they could have given him something though. (Although they probably could have given Lucina something by that logic)

It'd be funny if a DLC Chrom was Ike with a tipper effect.

Edited by Knight

Yeah, besides maybe Hector, Ike is the only lord in the series that could be a heavyweight, isn't bishie, has unique skills (the first Aether guy ftw), even a unique sword. No other lord has a blade that's gold and shoots badass shockwaves. Though sadly, Smash has yet to give him those shockwaves. >.>

Micaiah is slow in RD, surely she would be a heavyweight in Smash!