SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Keldeo grab things?

If the game has to adapt to fit the properties of a character, then they are much less likely than those who simply adapt to the properties of the game.

With his mouth like Pikachu does. Duh.

And Keldeo isn't the most likely, but he is still pretty likely. I just explained why and I'm not explaining it again. >_>

How does Kirby grab things? Think about it: he doesn't have fingers.

Not that Keldeo is likely. At all.

Kirby has hands.

Ivysaur has vines which act like hands.

Pikachu uses his mouth, so Keldeo can do the same. Especially since he has a BIGGER mouth.

Sakurai said himself that he chooses Pokemon by looking at what Pokemon are hot, what Pokemon starred in the latest movies, and he wants characters that can have unique movesets and fit the style of Smash Bros. Keldeo fits all of that criteria except being the hot Pokemon, which is what puts him behind Mewtwo (and maybe Lucario, seeing as he's still popular despite his movie not being recent anymore and being fairly similar to Mewtwo currently). Still, knowing Sakurai, he can definitely surprise us.

Edited by Anacybele

:facepalm:

Many people said "who're the Ice Climbers" and "who's Pit?" too. Me included.

But to answer the question, Keldeo's the fourth and newest member of the Musketeer Quartet of legendary Pokemon. He's a Water/Fighting type that is based off of a kelpie, which looks like a pony. He has the ability to fly by shooting water from his hooves and can use his horn like a sword via the moves Sacred Sword and Secret Sword. He has a second form called the Resolute form, the form in which he uses Secret Sword. He also uses his hooves for physical combat, of course.

Keldeo starred in the movie Pokemon: Kyurem and the Sword of Justice, in which he wanted to prove himself by battling Kyurem to become an official Sword of Justice and join the other Musketeer legendaries.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I still think Keldeo is just screaming to be a Smash character. Now that I think about it, it's almost as if GameFreak DESIGNED him to be playable. I was able to give him a full moveset in seconds. Though I'm going to make a slight change now that I look at his movepool in the Pokemon games again.

Standard A: Hoof strikes, horn jab

Side A: Sideways hoof strike with a little water shooting out

Up A: Back hoof twirl (he stands on his front hooves and spins around with his back hooves jetting outward to strike with a little water shooting out)

Down A: Downward hoof strike with a little water shooting out

Forward A: Running horn jab

Standard B: Aqua Tail (replacing Water Gun, my original idea for this one)

Up B: Hydro Pump (would be his vertical recovery move if he's in the air, enabling him to fly upwards for a few seconds)

Side B: Aqua Jet (side recovery move)

Down B: Sacred Sword

Final Smash: Resolute Form (where he powers up and uses Secret Sword instead of Sacred Sword)

EDIT: Oh, forgot about aerials. They'd be more variations of hoof strikes with little water jets though, of course.

Edited by Anacybele

Keldeo.. ehh not feeling it, nothing against you wanting him in though Ana, I just don't feel it.

My personal pokemon wants is just Lucario returning along with Mewtwo

My pipe dream pokemon is Blaziken lol

He could just wrap his front hoofs around somebody, grab them with his mouth, or knock them down then mount them. Then either headbutt them, bite down or trample them to pummel. He could hang onto ledges the same way the Lion King characters did. Most of the other questions kinda write themselves

I'm not exactly crazy about Keldeon myself, but I don't think it's that hard to make a smash character out of almost anybody

Although I do agree, Keldeo is incredibly likely, if not, the most likely, to be a new smash brothers character!

This exactly. I think Keldeo is the most likely NEWCOMER, not most likely of all Pokemon that are yet to be confirmed. I'm going to guess Sakurai's priority list would have Jigglypuff or Mewtwo at the top, followed by Lucario or Keldeo. Lucario has popularity and veteran status on his side, but Keldeo has movie priority and more of the uniqueness factor. They each have something going for them that the other doesn't and that's why I have a feeling that Sakurai might be having trouble deciding on Pokemon reps.

Edited by Anacybele

His name is just Snake in the game. But I think Solid Snake is the iconic incarnation so it's the one they will use.

His camouflage palettes made him look like Big Boss I think.

Well yeah the game doesn't call him it but he draws way more from Solid Snake than Big Boss.

52d51d91c2f7156f1bfb2354ed7f1738.png

In other news Sonic is 007 [PPK :P]

Also I dno if its just me but if in the boxing ring stage, every character getting a wrestler style entrance would be amazing. They will never do that but it would be amazing

Still not interested in Project M, Ana? trollface_smiley.png

Sorry, but no, still not interested. I wouldn't care if they made Keldeo and Frederick playable along with Ike, I would NEVER be able to keep up with gameplay that fast. Melee was too fast for me as it is. xP

Sorry, but no, still not interested. I wouldn't care if they made Keldeo and Frederick playable along with Ike, I would NEVER be able to keep up with gameplay that fast. Melee was too fast for me as it is. xP

Good thing Turbo mode is optional. trollface_smiley.png