SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started up my copy! I'm gonna practice 1 vs 1 first to get ready for the tourney I'm hosting, SF's very first Smash Wii U tourney, then I'll be up for some matches with you guys. ^^

Also, looks like I need an SD card to save any screenshots, just like in Brawl. But will the one I used with my Wii be compatible here too?

That's what I'd like to know. I'm already going to have to get a Wii-U and the Gamecube adaptar by next month as it'll be a diasaster to get it after Christmas as they probably will have them on sale.

Got my Mario and Marth Amiibo. Aren't they so handsome?

The marth one I got is honestly the best one because the rest had a giant forehead

http://imgur.com/6mJH4Gi

00000_zps1f0659b6.jpg

Mario and Peach!

Went to get ORAS.

Ended up Smashing for 3 hours.

Wii U OP.

00002_zpsd355231a.jpg
00003_zpsf5559a57.jpg
00001_zps9a2bb621.jpg
Got now!

So did I. Both of these and the Smash game! Plus the Wii-U and adaptar(Dec 1st) all before Christmas is going to be a huge sum. Over 500 dollars.

Yeah, I've noticed that they're good enough to read your rolls and moves and all kinds of shit. They've even spiked me for a KO.

I've unlocked Falco and Wario. Falco was the first character I unlocked in the 3DS version too. Wario, though, he didn't come until way later. o.O

Also, no one has answered my question. Is a Wii SD card compatible with the Wii U? I'm thinking no, but I'm just asking to be sure.

Well...that is a problem if it isn't as it's already going to be hard enough to plan to get all of this shit before Christmas.

No, I'm pretty sure CPUs on the Wii U version are way smarter than the ones in the 3DS version. I never had this much trouble against one lv. 9 CPU before.

Also, I'm assuming no one knows the answer to my question, so I'll just have to go check for myself to see if my Wii SD card can be used with the Wii U.

EDIT: Oh, it actually does work with the Wii U! Sweetness, I don't have to buy another card. So anyone else that used a Wii SD card for Brawl, you can also use it to save your Wii U Smash Bros, screenshots and stuff. :)

Good!

I've never saved any data on it! I can use that! :)

-----

Hard to plan to get all of this as I have to even get a loan to pay for the Wii-U by Dec 1. NINTENDO can take my money! I DON'T CARE! I MUST HAVE THIS for my birthday which is Dec 2. :D

I should be able to brawl on the Wii-U hopefully by mid Dec. Already was in a really big line when I went to Gamestop and already the Wii-U adaptar sold out before the line ended. -.-

The Smash Wii-U game and Pokemon games outta be out of stock by now! For amiibos, only got to get the Marth and Ike ones and that is it!

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh, I found a challenge that says to beat the true All-Star Mode using Ike. I hope this unlocks Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme! I've been trying a whole bunch of stuff as Ike to see if any of it unlocks it (because it's gotta be in the game as unlockable since it's not a default song and keeping Ike but not his theme just doesn't make sense). Of course, I have to unlock the remaining hidden characters first in order to see...

Also, a bit of trivia. Ike's victory movie when he clears Classic or All-Star has a clip of him showing a Lip's Stick to Palutena. Lip's Stick is a flower and Palutena vaguely resembles Elincia, imo. Ship Ike x Elincia much, Sakurai? XD

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I found a challenge that says to beat the true All-Star Mode using Ike. I hope this unlocks Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme! I've been trying a whole bunch of stuff as Ike to see if any of it unlocks it (because it's gotta be in the game as unlockable since it's not a default song and keeping Ike but not his theme just doesn't make sense)

Also, a bit of trivia. Ike's victory movie when he clears Classic or All-Star has a clip of him showing a Lip's Stick to Palutena. Lip's Stick is a flower and Palutena vaguely resembles Elincia, imo. Ship Ike x Elincia much, Sakurai? XD

I'd like to see Palutena comment on about how legendary that Ike, Marth, Link, Ness and Shulk are. Because they are some of the greatest heros ever devised!

-----

So much games and so little time!

-Xenoblade Chronicles(Gotta finish as it is an awesome game!)

-Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

-Smash Wii-U

-Harvest Moon 3DS

-Smash Jap 3DS

-Hyrule Warriors(Gotta buy!)

-Kid Icarus Uprising(Gotta buy!)

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh, I found a challenge that says to beat the true All-Star Mode using Ike. I hope this unlocks Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme! I've been trying a whole bunch of stuff as Ike to see if any of it unlocks it (because it's gotta be in the game as unlockable since it's not a default song and keeping Ike but not his theme just doesn't make sense). Of course, I have to unlock the remaining hidden characters first in order to see...

Ike's Theme is a random drop. It was the first one I got from a Mew when I was grinding matches to unlock everyone.

Ike's Theme is a random drop. It was the first one I got from a Mew when I was grinding matches to unlock everyone.

Mew gives out Music CD's too?!

If Ike's is what you've got, it'll be very rare to obtain without him as Mew only gives out incredibly rare stuff (RNG fixed).

Edited by PuffPuff

Ahem, you allowed yourself to be attacked in such a way. It is not even close to being rude. You opened yourself up for said tactic.

Also PKL doesn't usually stall for time, he usually just finds the best option that works against any given opponent this is due to his vast tournament skill and knowledge. In that particular fight? That was how it went. Show some respect

I'm very well aware of his reasons for doing what he did. I'm just saying he didn't have to do so. And I'm also well aware of what I can get myself into for saying such things.

What he did during that match came off as rude for me, especially since I didn't know at the time that you could do that on that particular stage. I don't really know how you would've felt if you were in my shoes, but I do know from when I first picked up Smash that resorting to a certain tactic so you can win a match is always an option. At the time I didn't really know how exactly he played, so him stalling the match for time gave me a bad first impression on him.

But that's all in the past now, so let's just move on and not bring this up again.

And if I happen to be the reason he retired for the time being, then I'll gladly drop in an apology.

Mew gives out stuff and that's the only way to get Ike's Theme? Dang, I have to get lucky. That sucks. >_> In Brawl, all you had to do was meet up with Ike in the SSE.

...I'm the only one who isn't fond of the amiibos, right?

I don't have anything against collectibles. But please without the function in the game. I don't really care about what they do, but they could have surely build in such a feature without having you spend another 13$. To me, they feel more like moneygrabbing than DLC would.

I'm always the pessimistic one, aren't I? I should change something...

The Yoshi is judging you.

I dont have a Wii U. I dont know when ill get one. However, i need Yoshi amiibo. Need. Why? Cuz i love Yoshi and he will eventually work with the 3DS. You dont need the amiibo to enjoy the game, and they never advertised it to be mandatory. Its always been optional, and part of the whole point of them is to pick and choose one or a few that you would use. Sure, they say "collect em all" but marketing always says that shit. Its not like yer gonna miss out a whole bunch if you dont get one. Amiibo are aimed at kids, but Nintendo knows that collectors will love them too. If someone is getting enjoyment out of something, whats the problem?

Got my Mario and Marth Amiibo. Aren't they so handsome?

The marth one I got is honestly the best one because the rest had a giant forehead

http://imgur.com/6mJH4Gi

Murth. Thats probably the best looking one ive seen so far, bruh.

*whinge about PKL*

OI! At least you got to play against him! I still havent Smushed with PKL and i are a sad panda. :(:

So i became one with the Yoshi.

[spoiler=Shame he isnt pink]

tumblr_nff02v8rSp1tipy0bo1_500.jpg

He looks great. Im probably not gonna open him until i can use him with my 3DS. So until then, hes gonna chill happily on the wall next to my computer area.

EDIT: Oh, it actually does work with the Wii U! Sweetness, I don't have to buy another card. So anyone else that used a Wii SD card for Brawl, you can also use it to save your Wii U Smash Bros, screenshots and stuff. :)

Bit late to answer to this, but just so you know, Ana. SD Cards are universal. All of them work in every compatible device.

Really? Because my SD card says "For Wii" on it. So I figured it was only for the Wii.

*stifles back a chortle*

Well, i got one of those too. Its actually in my 3DS right now. Hes right, SD cards work with anything that takes SD cards. Like, i pop in my SD card in my 3DS to the computer to get those screens from Animal Crossing and Smush. Hell, you can even use micro SD cards if you have a full sized SD card adapter thinger. (those itty bitty SD cards that can slide into a bigger one. Those you can get for Android phones.)

I remember at the time of release only 2GB SD Cards would work with the Wii. Anything higher or SDHC wouldn't be read by the Wii. I think the "For Wii" SD Cards were made because 2BG SD Cards weren't easy to find at the time.

Except now with system updates that's not the case anymore.

eh They could still make him look nice shrunk down but all of the effort would be needed so he wouldn't look awkward due to shrinking down the Ridster rather than upscaling a smaller character like Kirby or Olimar.

Pfft. Lul.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/20/sakurai-explains-why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-super-smash-bros/

Ridley really was too big to be in Smash. Sakurai said so himself.

Ridley is a small nation. It is known.

Bias against two story tall Space Pirates is a thing now

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL