SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

If Chrom gets to be DLC, he should use Lances to make him different from the others and his Final Smash with a lance should be a critical strike like with Marth and Lucina, but with a Lance. Chrom should get an amiibo so he can join the Code Name S.T.E.A.M game. Which I will buy because I'm so excited that Fire Emblem is getting more love now. Which was long overdue. We may get the IC after Nintendo new 3DS comes out on Feb 15th. We know that we'll get more than one DLC character since Nintendo is already hard at work on Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Marth's animation showed NES Wrys when he did his critical strike. Were just glad that the series is getting more love now as it has been shunned for a long time! Not that Nintendo ever bothers doing R.P.G's much in our area. Were very lucky to get Xenoblade Chronicles. But...Chrom could possibly be a DLC choice even though that every other lord's chances are alot slimmer because of having none of their games and that they are not well known enough.

If they do that they might as well just add Ephrahim and/or Eirika since they mained with lances.

Edited by TacoMan42

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chrom gets to be DLC, he should use Lances to make him different from the others and his Final Smash with a lance should be a critical strike like with Marth and Lucina, but with a Lance.

No. If any lance-using FE character got in, it should be Ephraim. It would be silly to put Chrom in without his sword...he may have the option to use a lance in gameplay, but really, he's always shown in art and cutscenes...with a sword.

EDIT: Sorta ninja'd, I suppose.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Ephraim is definitely my favorite pick for a new FE lord in Smash~ Not just for the spear, but his personality would make him a memorable Smash character, too.

No. If any lance-using FE character got in, it should be Ephraim. It would be silly to put Chrom in without his sword...he may have the option to use a lance in gameplay, but really, he's always shown in art and cutscenes...with a sword.

Well so does Ganondorf.

I always felt Ice Climbers should be the first to be considered dlc, due to being cut out from difficulties. But given how their icon is completely removed, even to be put in the other section of the trophy gallery, I'm unsure.

Extended from that, imo, i dont think they'd add dlc for a character not already from an existing franchise on the roster.

I would have no issue with Sigurd, actually, especially if Genealogy gets remade to be more accessible. (I had issues playing it, I could not get used to it.) He could be a third quadrupedal character after Ivysaur and Duck Hunt, and I am sure that there are many options that could be done with his lance. Perhaps he could have his horse as a side special.

Dammit, Shin.

This thread title business is just glorious for getting my attention even after I swore of not posting in here again.

I guess I'll just go get some popcorn and just keep repeating ノットディスシットアゲン

Ephraim for best DLC lord. Sigurd or Hector would also get my vote. Just not Eliwood because everyone would think he's Roy (again).

so an update for SSB4U just went live

I'm pretty sure that it's got the Chrom DLC package as part of it (I mean you still have to buy the DLC, but y'know)

[spoiler=other release notes for people too lazy to click]

Updates per Nintendo of Japan:

Adds more stages for 8-Player Smash!

Mario Circuit (Brawl)

Luigi's Mansion

Pyrosphere

Norfair

Lylat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 2

Town & City

Smashville

Wii Fit Studio

Mario Galaxy Ω

Mario Circuit (Brawl) Ω

Great Cave Offensive Ω

Lylat Cruise Ω

Pokemon Stadium 2 Ω

Town & City Ω

Fix issues so the game can be played more enjoyably

Happy Apex? Surprise 4v4 team tournament at Apex????

people are saying that replays are unaffected; I've yet to download the update personally

Edited by Euklyd

EDIT: Sorta ninja'd, I suppose.

Well so does Ganondorf.

Per the Falcon-Ganon law if Ephraim got in he'd be a clone of Palutena.

I'm fairly certain Ganondorf never had a sword in Ocarina of Time until you fought his final beast form. And since he was put into Smash around OoT, it made sense that he didn't have a sword.

Nope

062309_linkandganon_obs06--article_image

Has one on his waist there. He also used his massive one in the Space World Demo which he swings around in his victory pose so there was plenty of justification to giving him a sword. That being said I'm super happy with what they did end up doing with Ganondorf. Despite originally being a clone moveset, I think it makes him much more unique. Plus he wouldn't have got in to Melee at all if he didn't use the clone backdoor.

Edited by Jotari

He was also King of the Gerudo, who all used swords anyway. If he didn't have a sword, I'd be confused.

Also, what's this about Chrom DLC now? If he's not confirmed, I'll spend my $ on Shin's mom instead.

Nope

062309_linkandganon_obs06--article_image

Has one on his waist there. He also used his massive one in the Space World Demo which he swings around in his victory pose so there was plenty of justification to giving him a sword. That being said I'm super happy with what they did end up doing with Ganondorf. Despite originally being a clone moveset, I think it makes him much more unique. Plus he wouldn't have got in to Melee at all if he didn't use the clone backdoor.

I'm not saying there's no justification to give him a sword. I had never noticed the sword in his OoT artwork, I never noticed it in any of the cutscenes (if you can call it those) in the actual game, either. I also have no idea what the Space World Demo is.

My original point was that giving Chrom a lance over a sword would be silly, sorry I used Ganondorf as an example, I'll refrain from debating from now on.

I'm not saying there's no justification to give him a sword. I had never noticed the sword in his OoT artwork, I never noticed it in any of the cutscenes (if you can call it those) in the actual game, either. I also have no idea what the Space World Demo is.

My original point was that giving Chrom a lance over a sword would be silly, sorry I used Ganondorf as an example, I'll refrain from debating from now on.

I don't think he has it on his in game model true. Also this is the space world demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvE3yJv3fm0

What I always found weird about OoT Ganondorf is the fact that he has a cape in-game, but not in his artwork. Just...what? xP

To be super technical about it, he has a Cape in his artwork but has a Cloak in game. You can see the outline of it in the artwork above, just under his left arm. A cape is much shorter than a cloak and useually wraps around the front (though in this case it doesn't, it's just lose strap of cloth that really serves no purpose in terms of heat, protection or even noteworthiness). While Cloaks are the more commonly seen ones that are knee or ankle length and have the ability to billow and wrap around yourself. That being said the distinction is rarely observed and the Zelda series itself has even called Cloaks Cape (specifically the Magic Cape)...As for why I know all this...it's one of the things I've just randomly looked up one day. But the more you know.

I don't think he has it on his in game model true. Also this is the space world demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvE3yJv3fm0

To be super technical about it, he has a Cape in his artwork but has a Cloak in game. You can see the outline of it in the artwork above, just under his left arm. A cape is much shorter than a cloak and useually wraps around the front (though in this case it doesn't, it's just lose strap of cloth that really serves no purpose in terms of heat, protection or even noteworthiness). While Cloaks are the more commonly seen ones that are knee or ankle length and have the ability to billow and wrap around yourself. That being said the distinction is rarely observed and the Zelda series itself has even called Cloaks Cape (specifically the Magic Cape)...As for why I know all this...it's one of the things I've just randomly looked up one day. But the more you know.

Huh? Capes can be ankle-length too. Ike calls his cape a cape, for example. "If I have my cape, I can sleep just about anywhere."

That's the English language talking. Capes and cloaks technically follow Jotari's definition, but the idea that capes can be ankle-length is so prevalent that cape might as well refer to things as long as what a cloak should be. Blame superheroes.