SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly. Like I've said I'm ok with Ryu in Smash. I can already picture just pushing B to do a Hadoken and not several button combinations. Heck maybe if all this is true he'll have a Ken Masters alt

Possibly. Like I've said I'm ok with Ryu in Smash. I can already picture just pushing B to do a Hadoken and not several button combinations. Heck maybe if all this is true he'll have a Ken Masters alt

His moveset easily translates to smash.

B Hadoken

Side B Hurricane Kick/Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Up B Shoryuken

Down B Parry (from Street Fighter 3)

For just starters.

Well by that logic Link from Melee is a different character from Link from Brawl since one is from Ocarina of Time and one is from Twilight Princess. Yet we don't say Link has ever been cut. Nor do we say Zelda or Donkey Kong have been cut.

Tbh I consider SSBB/SSB4 Link the OoT one with updated look, thanks to the Navi taunt.

Navi was just a cursor in TP, in the non-canon Wii version (since the game was originally going to be for just GCN).

His moveset easily translates to smash.

B Hadoken

Side B Hurricane Kick/Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Up B Shoryuken

Down B Parry (from Street Fighter 3)

For just starters.

Thinking the same thing. His FS will either be a giant Hadoken or that Power of Nothingness thing

I don't mind Ryu since I like his and Ike's resemblance... :P

But I don't recall seeing him as one of the popular choices on the poll. What was the point of the poll then? :/

Looking past current relevancy and lack of moveset originality, the existence of Roy Koopa is really fucking with FE Roy's claim to a spot on the Sm4sh roster. Not only did Sakurai just straight up name him "ROY" as if no character by that name has ever existed in Smash before, but even the crowd has gone and shamelessly accepted the turtle as their new boy. I have no problems with the red-haired lord's inclusion one way or the other, but I am really curious as to how the game would possibly dig itself out of this hole if he were indeed put back in. Append the word "Koopa" to the end of all 7 of the Koopalings' names?

EDIT: Ugh people are misinterpreting my comment. I didn't mean that I don't want Roy in or that he doesn't have a chance of getting in, sorry if it sounded that way. I just thought that if they keep the Koopa's name the way it currently is, having two characters with the exact same name (read: not "variations" like Mario/Dr. Mario or Link/Toon Link) could potentially cause issues in certain places, such as if they have to refer to a character by name in a situation where the character's image can't be seen. Now that I think about it, just adding Koopa to the Koopalings' names would be a pretty easy solution. I am NOT trying to use this as an excuse that Roy shouldn't be in the game; he is as much my boy as he is yours :Roy:

Edited by Bovinian

But I don't recall seeing him as one of the popular choices on the poll. What was the point of the poll then? :/

If these two were planned enough in advance for their files to be included in this update then I think they were picked before the poll.

I imagine there will be a few DLC characters in addition to whoever gets picked based on the poll.

Looking past current relevancy and lack of moveset originality, the existence of Roy Koopa is really fucking with FE Roy's claim to a spot on the Sm4sh roster. Not only did Sakurai just straight up name him "ROY" as if no character by that name has ever existed in Smash before, but even the crowd has gone and shamelessly accepted the turtle as their new boy. I have no problems with the red-haired lord's inclusion one way or the other, but I am really curious as to how the game would possibly dig itself out of this hole if he were indeed put back in. Append the word "Koopa" to the end of all 7 of the Koopalings' names?

The straws, they are being grasped! This seems like such a silly reason not to include a character.

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

Is there any real problem with both Roys being our boys? Sure in coding terms having to characters with the same name is a pain but in terms of gameplay why does there have to be a 1 Steve limit?

Like I said, I'm not against his inclusion. I'm okay with having two Roys, I just think the accommodations they would need to make might be awkward and am wondering how it will be done.

Thinking the same thing. His FS will either be a giant Hadoken or that Power of Nothingness thing

The Dark Hadou transformation or the Shinku Hadoken are probably likely. If this is legit.

What's this talk about Ryu?! Did something happen?

Somebody decrypted the Smash 3DS update and found files suggesting Ryu and Roy are planned for DLC.

Like I said, I'm not against his inclusion. I'm okay with having two Roys, I just think the accommodations they would need to make might be awkward and am wondering how it will be done.

Really I think all you'd need to change is maybe the crowd chant. I think it'd be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that Roy and Roy are not the same character, so the name and the announcer name thing aren't an issue.

I'm questioning why they'd even have to make accommodations? What's wrong with the announcer/crowd just saying Roy for both characters?

Wait, these files were only found in the 3DS update? Why would they only be there and not in the Wii U update if Ryu and Roy are planned to be playable? I'm now thinking that they're just going to be assist trophies in the 3DS version. Roy IS from a handheld game, and I believe Street Fighter is on handhelds too.

I'm questioning why they'd even have to make accommodations? What's wrong with the announcer/crowd just saying Roy for both characters?

Then who would we know who's being cheered on? Can't the announcer guy just pronouce Roy slightly different?

Edited by Advance Gamer

Wait, these files were only found in the 3DS update? Why would they only be there and not in the Wii U update if Ryu and Roy are planned to be playable? I'm now thinking that they're just going to be assist trophies in the 3DS version. Roy IS from a handheld game, and I believe Street Fighter is on handhelds too.

I'd imagine that the 3DS update is just easier to decrypt.

I dunno if anyone has tried to decrypt the Wii U one due to that.

Also assist trophies don't have victory themes.

What Glac said. I don't believe people have the ability to decrypt/dump Wii U stuff yet.