SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to buy Roy DLC you know. I know I wouldn't buy Ike if he were a DLC character instead, so... just do the same?

Really people why complain about something you presumably won't buy.

Edit: Also, disliking a character because of how their fanbase treats a totally unrelated character is weird.

Except I'd like DLC that I WOULD buy. I'm not buying Roy, true, but still. And I'm allowed to be disappointed that he's likely going to be DLC.

I said I disliked Roy's fanbase, not Roy himself. Though I can't say I like Roy either, I know very little about him.

EDIT:

also you're a vocal Ike fan who does the exact same thing to Roy that you "claim" Roy fans to do Ike.

Uh, no. You clearly don't know how a lot of Roy fans treat Ike. They hate on him and bash him because he "replaced" their precious red head flaming sword boy without actually knowing much of anything about Ike himself or even bothering to look up possible REAL reasons on why Roy was cut in Brawl. Even Glaceon has admitted to this, saying that one reason she hates Ike is because he's in Smash and Roy isn't (for now). I find it ridiculous. It's not like I hate Lucina because she's in Smash and Ephraim isn't, or that I hate Greninja because he's in Smash and Keldeo isn't (as playable). I don't hate/dislike Roy, so I certainly don't hate/dislike him for stupid reasons like that.

I admit, I'm rather vocal, but I try to be reasonably so.

Edited by Anacybele

Of course you can.

Yes and if the system automatically updated the software already, you CANNOT start the game without updating if you delete the update from the software management menu, even without an Internet connection.

Being reasonable means not pretending to be oblivious to your actions when you accuse others of the thing you're guilty of.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yes and if the system automatically updated the software already, you CANNOT start the game without updating if you delete the update from the software management menu, even without an Internet connection.

There is a setting to turn off system automatic updates download. Kind of too late to do that in this case scenario though.

Being reasonable means not pretending to be oblivious to your actions when you accuse others of the thing you're guilty of.

...What? I don't pretend at anything unless I'm just making a joke.

Glad I know the thread title is always trolling.

That data find has gotten my hopes up.

I have the feeling I'm going to be let down...

;~;

Gotta admit, when I saw "Ryu" I thought of Breath of Fire. Oops~ xD

Except I'd like DLC that I WOULD buy. I'm not buying Roy, true, but still. And I'm allowed to be disappointed that he's likely going to be DLC.

I said I disliked Roy's fanbase, not Roy himself. Though I can't say I like Roy either, I know very little about him.

EDIT:

Uh, no. You clearly don't know how a lot of Roy fans treat Ike. They hate on him and bash him because he "replaced" their precious red head flaming sword boy without actually knowing much of anything about Ike himself or even bothering to look up possible REAL reasons on why Roy was cut in Brawl. Even Glaceon has admitted to this, saying that one reason she hates Ike is because he's in Smash and Roy isn't (for now). I find it ridiculous. It's not like I hate Lucina because she's in Smash and Ephraim isn't, or that I hate Greninja because he's in Smash and Keldeo isn't (as playable). I don't hate/dislike Roy, so I certainly don't hate/dislike him for stupid reasons like that.

Ike being in over Roy just makes me dislike him more than I would have if he wasn't in over Roy. I'd still dislike him one way or another.

In other words, that just made me hate a character I already hated more.

And even then I'm unsure if one person's hate is enough to really go about accusing Roy's whole fanbase of it.

If Roy is coming, are they keeping his original design or that amazing Awakening redesign?

Considering Marth uses his FE12 design and Ike his FE10 one, I'm guessing the FE6 design is what will be used (unless Nintendo suddenly says "SURPRISE Binding Blade remake!" or something). Edited by Glaceon Lord

If Roy is coming, are they keeping his original design or that amazing Awakening redesign?

probably the original design. Marth didn't use the awakening redesign and godforbid Ike using the Hero design.

And even then I'm unsure if one person's hate is enough to really go about accusing Roy's whole fanbase of it.

Well yeah, one person isn't enough. I've seen a lot of Roy fans hate on Ike. They go on posts relating to him on Facebook and chant "ROY'S OUR BOY" and say nothing more, for example. I don't see them do this on Marth posts or other Smash posts. And then, I've seen people outright say Ike should've never replaced Roy, screw Ike, Roy was better, etc.

I want to like Roy, believe me you, because of his cool flaming sword (I don't care much for his design though). But his fanbase isn't making it easy in the least bit.

Edited by Anacybele

:facepalm: Once AGAIN, I do NOT dislike Roy. Just his fanbase. Just because I say I don't like Roy doesn't mean I actually dislike him. I'm neutral to him as a character. I just don't like him as a choice for the Smash roster right now as well.

Simply put, his fanbase makes me WANT to dislike him, but I don't because that would be silly. His flaming sword, on the other hand, makes me want to like him. So neutrality as a result.

Edited by Anacybele

Well yeah, one person isn't enough. I've seen a lot of Roy fans hate on Ike. They go on posts relating to him on Facebook and chant "ROY'S OUR BOY" and say nothing more, for example. I don't see them do this on Marth posts or other Smash posts. And then, I've seen people outright say Ike should've never replaced Roy, screw Ike, Roy was better, etc.

I want to like Roy, believe me you, because of his cool flaming sword (I don't care much for his design though). But his fanbase isn't making it easy in the least bit.

Even if I'm on the opposing side here, you should probably ignore them. Especially if they haven't actually played FE6/9/10 and thus can't form opinions beyond SSB.

That said, people can like/dislike what they want to. And they're free to express it. So it's mainly being kinda bitter, and I'm guilty of it myself as a fan of both Roy and the GBA FE games in general.

So, uh, yeah, something something fanbases and opinions are like that on the Internet and people just gotta accept it and all.

Like I'm a fan of Touhou Project yet hate the hentai in the fandom.

Reimu for SSB4 pls

Yeah, I can understand why they would be bitter, I'd be upset if Ike had been replaced by Chrom as some people expected, since I don't like Chrom. It's how they express that bitterness, really. But yeah, best I can do is ignore them...

EDIT: Not really, I can't truly judge Roy as a character and such unless I play through his game. I'd get the biggest taste possible of him that way. But I don't want to play it because I'm personally not interested in it. Yes, I started watching a Let's Play of it (something Glaceon recommended, I think). I got bored by chapter 3's end.

Edited by Anacybele

>not liking things because of their fanbases

Okay.

Pretty sure this applies to like a bajillion things, like drinking [alcohol] and football for instance

and touhou

Edited by Sara.

I'm part of the Roy fanbase, but I don't bash on Ike. I like Ike. So am I still disliked, since I'm part of Roy's fanbase? Or is the fanbase being split up into two groups? Or...?

Sorry, I meant a generalization. Not that "I dislike Roy's fanbase" means I dislike every single Roy fan in existence. Glaceon's a cool gal sometimes, for example. She's come to my defense before even, and we disagree on just about everything.

I guess by this logic it should be hard for me to like Ike again because his fan base isn't making it easy in the least bit.

EDIT: From what little I know of Touhou, I actually wouldn't mind getting Reimu in SSB4 even though I know it will never happen, since Reimu seems to be a good example of a strong female protagonist.

Edited by Sunwoo

I guess by this logic it should be hard for me to like Ike again because his fan base isn't making it easy in the least bit.

Well, I guess that's true then. I'm sorry that you ran into some unreasonable Ike fans though.

Yeah, I can understand why they would be bitter, I'd be upset if Ike had been replaced by Chrom as some people expected, since I don't like Chrom. It's how they express that bitterness, really. But yeah, best I can do is ignore them...

EDIT: Not really, I can't truly judge Roy as a character and such unless I play through his game. I'd get the biggest taste possible of him that way. But I don't want to play it because I'm personally not interested in it. Yes, I started watching a Let's Play of it (something Glaceon recommended, I think). I got bored by chapter 3's end.

Funny, Chapter 4 is where FE6 really starts picking up its feet. Collapse of the Alliance is a really cool challenge, so much that FE7 had an expy chapter of it (Chapter 14 I think, whatever the number is, it's False Friends).

They're gonna announce a 3DS remake of his game and use that design, obvs

Clearly it'll be an experiment on Wii U.

Pretty sure this applies to like a bajillion things, like drinking [alcohol] and football for instance

and touhou

"Drinking fandom." That's a weird way to put it. I never thought of alcoholism as a fandom.

Also Touhou is cool I just don't like sexualizing the characters for no reason since ZUN, you know, doesn't

Sorry, I meant a generalization. Not that "I dislike Roy's fanbase" means I dislike every single Roy fan in existence. Glaceon's a cool gal sometimes, for example. She's come to my defense before even, and we disagree on just about everything.

You're cool sometimes too.

EDIT: From what little I know of Touhou, I actually wouldn't mind getting Reimu in SSB4 even though I know it will never happen, since Reimu seems to be a good example of a strong female protagonist.

Eh, she's pretty lazy, greedy, and pretty much has all her talent handed to her by natural gift. She'd be really fun to play as though. Marisa would be kinda fun too, especially with "Magiccannon ~ Final Spark" as a Final Smash. Edited by Glaceon Lord