SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

...I wanted to record all my replays before I updated to 1.0.6 on the Wii U. But it forces you unlike the 3ds and broke all my replays. You can't even start the game without updating if you delete the update under system management. Like what the hell is even the point of letting you manage that then? ONLY freeing up space?

I'm a little miffed. Forced Updates for smash wouldn't be so bad if it didn't break 60+ replays.

Damn man that sucks. Although I'm not connected to the internet at school and the game still starts up without asking to update.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, i dont even care if fucking Mr Magoo shows up in Smash. The more the merrier, i say.

No we need Droopy

Do you guys think Ryu's palette swaps will have references to; Ken Masters, Akuma, and Dan? Heck, even Sean?

Possibly.

Also one more Ryu vid, a fight from one of the anime movies showing some other possible moves and such

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IGBVXLfmm8

Edited by Jedi

Huh.

If memory serves, anime Ryu is voiced by none other than Frederick's voice actor, Kyle Hebert. Hebert is good, he sounds so different here as Ryu. :o

Fei Long makes weird noises in a fight... o.O

Edited by Anacybele

Huh.

If memory serves, anime Ryu is voiced by none other than Frederick's voice actor, Kyle Hebert. Hebert is good, he sounds so different here as Ryu. :o

Fei Long makes weird noises in a fight... o.O

Herbert didn't have the job of Ryus va until more recently. That anime clip is pretty old, not Herbert.

Oh, I didn't know that. I just read that Hebert voiced Ryu in anime, didn't say when. ^^;

Oh yeah, Ryu also has a very hard head. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

Sakurai is not stupid enough to make us pay for a goddamn clone character. No one needs three Marths. He WILL update his moveset.

Example: Dr. Mario, a clone character who had enough time to be developed before the games release, as DLC.

If Roy was going to be a clone they would have not made him DLC. I actually think that he will be similar to Marth in a Ness and Lucas kind of way. Like Lucas and Luigi, not pure clone.

Edited by Rabbattack

If Roy gets in, I'd rather them update his moveset.

I really don't know why they made him a Marth clone in the first place, considering... his fighting style really isn't like Marth's at all..?

Especially not with the Binding Blade.

I just want everyone to stop being so bitter and angry. Every time I peek in this thread half the time everyone is arguing :/
Whoever gets in, gets in.

Let the people who want to have their favorite character in be happy.

I don't care who gets in, and I'm happy for whoever ends up getting their favorites in, but really people :/

If Roy was going to be a clone they would have not made him DLC. I actually think that he will be similar to Marth in a Ness and Lucas kind of way. Like Lucas and Luigi, not pure clone.

I wouldn't call Luigi a clone in any sort of way anymore. He shares like...one special, one throw, and a few standard attacks with Mario. And even then, that special works entirely differently from Mario's. In short, he has little in common with his bro now. He used to be pretty cloney though, I hear. I don't know for sure since I never played Smash 64. He was sorta cloney in Melee, but yeah.

Better yet, why not Chun-Li?

"Are u okay?" would fit in perfectly with "I'm really feeling it", "Show me ya moves" and the like.

Chun-Buns would be rad, how about Mike Haggar 8)

I wouldn't call Luigi a clone in any sort of way anymore. He shares like...one special, one throw, and a few standard attacks with Mario. And even then, that special works entirely differently from Mario's. In short, he has little in common with his bro now. He used to be pretty cloney though, I hear. I don't know for sure since I never played Smash 64. He was sorta cloney in Melee, but yeah.

You're greatly understating the similarities here. Damn near half, if not more of Luigi's moves are from Mario, if not based off them. That qualifies him as a semi clone to some degree. Although, given that he does have moves of his own, I'd go with quarter clone, personally

[spoiler=If you want me to name them:]

• The first two jab attacks
  • side A
  • All of his smash attacks, sans side
  • All of his air attacks, sans f air (I'm counting d air, cause Mario used to have it. That, and Dr. Mario has it)
  • All of his throws
  • All of his specials, sans side B. (Though Up B has a different effect from Marios, but other clones were the same in that regard for some of their moves. EX: Shield Breaker/Flare Blade, Falcon Dive/Ganon's Up B [don't remember the name], Fox's Blaster & Reflector/Falco's Blaster & Reflector, Link's Spin Attack/[Young]Toon Link's Spin attack)
Edited by Bacon

Ah, yes, I forgot about the fireball...somehow. When I said a few standard attacks though, I meant the aerials and all. But you're right, my bad.

Also, I meant that Luigi isn't a clone in Brawl or Smash Wii U/3DS. And Mario no longer has Mario Tornado in those games he has FLUDD instead. So Luigi doesn't share down-B anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

ryu and ken are different? don't they both just punch and kick and kill bad guys? *shots fired

Mario and Luigi are Ryu and Ken at this point so it's coolio.

Pretty much.

Aren't Ryu and Ken like Lawful Neutral/Neutral Good or something? They're not ones to constantly pursue evil, yet at the same time, they can't tolerate it either. Also, they don't kill, which is ironic since their fighting style is derived from Ansatsuken (Assassin's Fist), though, Ryu does unwillingly as his evil persona

Edited by Red Fox of Fire