SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micaiah would have had a completely unique moveset

Er, Ike shares nothing but Counter with Marth. Is one move really such a big deal?

Why should it matter to you whether Roy comes back or not? You're not forced to buy his DLC, or even play as him if you were, so what's the big deal?

Because I'd like DLC that I actually WOULD buy?

EDIT: If Ryu gets to be shirtless, Ike should too! :P

Edited by Anacybele

In a completely unsubtle attempt to tell everyone that I'm bored with the current topic, how's everyone finding the other characters in the update? A few of the top tier peeps have been nerfed, aside from Yoshi, so I'm wondering how the tourney crowd will adapt.

RIP Link's jab-lock, you were much loved.

Sonics Bthrow and side b nerf aren't too noticeable to my style.

Uh, yes I do. I don't want Roy back. :/

I probably wouldn't be playing FE at all if Micaiah had gotten in over Ike. Ike got me interested in FE because I thought he looked cool and I looked up his game. I don't think Micaiah looks that cool. She has a nice design, but not nice enough for me to go all "she's cool!" and look up the game she's in.

Why would more content disappoint you? I can get not liking a character and thinking there are better choices but Roy isn't stealing anyone else's places. If they put him in a major reason will be the same reason Lucina got in there, because he's easy to include. Even if you don't like the character there's no real reason for disappointment for extra content you don't even have to buy if you don't want it.

Er, Ike shares nothing but Counter with Marth. Is one move really such a big deal?

He's also a blue haired sword user

Micaiah is not.

Kon said moveset, not aesthetics. Hair color means shit as shown by all the blondes we've got. I can't believe I have to repeat myself again... :facepalm:

He's still a sword user. Micaiah would use magic, which would function WAY differently than swords. Not to mention that unlike Robin she is purely magic.

EDIT: I mean, I'm not opposed to having more sword users in Smash, but Micaiah would be a lot more unique than Ike by virtue of being completely magical. Plus, I think Zelda is the only other completely magical person in Smash if my memory is off so she'd be more unique in that regard as well.

Edited by Sunwoo

He's still a sword user. Micaiah would use magic, which would function WAY differently than swords. Not to mention that unlike Robin she is purely magic.

EDIT: I mean, I'm not opposed to having more sword users in Smash, but Micaiah would be a lot more unique than Ike by virtue of being completely magical. Plus, I think Zelda is the only other completely magical person in Smash if my memory is off so she'd be more unique in that regard as well.

Vote Black Mage for Smash DLC?

Ike's a swordsman but he still filled the niche of a heavy hitter with good range but with a (comparatively) light weight. I do think the roster should have a few more magic users but if they put Micaiah in there she'd probably be more similar to Zelda than Ike is to Marth. Not that that's particularly a bad thing. I just don't want Ike's importance on the roster from a design standpoint to be understated.

Edited by Jotari

Vote Black Mage for Smash DLC?

Nah, if I cared enough to vote I'd be giving mine to an EO character. They have lot of magic in EO.

I love samus's faster missiles, but I also hate it. Faster super missile is cool.faster homing missile is not.

Kon said moveset, not aesthetics. Hair color means shit as shown by all the blondes we've got. I can't believe I have to repeat myself again... :facepalm:

The important part of my post was "sword user"

Boron put it quite nicely, Micaiah is more unique as a fighter for being completely magical.

Can we please stop fightinng? I'd like to have reasonable discussion about a series I love.

Not bile thrown every which way. If you lot REALLY want I'll make a thread for the Ryu&Roy DLC discussion so we get it the hell out of here.

Jotari makes a good point. Ike fills the role of a heavy and hard hitting sword guy. His sword even feels more like a club than an actual sword in Smash. :P

And yeah, now that I think about it, Micaiah would be similar to Zelda, who is also completely magical, only with all light instead of wind, fire, and teleportation. More magic users would be nice, but I like Micaiah even less than I do Roy. So if another magic user must be in, well... Remember who I voted for in the ballot? lol

WIND MAGE VAATI

Edited by Anacybele

I really would have liked Micaiah over Ike as the FE rep in Brawl, though I would have liked Roy returning more than the both of them. Micaiah would have had a completely unique moveset and no one would have complained about all the blue-haired sword dudes in Smash.

Why not both Ike and Micaiah in Brawl, and Roy, that would've been awesome yeah Tellius bias idgaf

Tbh we just need an FE spinoff like Hyrule Warriors or something, then everyone could have their favourite character playable, and the ones that use mounts wouldn't be as awkward as they would be in Smash. Maybe if SMTxFE does well enough that FE spinoffs become a regular thing.

I suggest we promptly shift topics by discussing the merits of Leif and how he'd be the most appropriate Fire Emblem lord to be included in Smash due to him having the most realistic hair colour.

Why not both Ike and Micaiah in Brawl, and Roy, that would've been awesome yeah Tellius bias idgaf

Tbh we just need an FE spinoff like Hyrule Warriors or something, then everyone could have their favourite character playable, and the ones that use mounts wouldn't be as awkward as they would be in Smash. Maybe if SMTxFE does well enough that FE spinoffs become a regular thing.

I started a topic on that idea. Sadly it didn't gain as much steam as I'd hoped it would.

Edited by Jotari

I suggest we promptly shift topics by discussing the merits of Leif and how he'd be the most appropriate Fire Emblem lord to be included in Smash due to him having the most realistic hair colour.

He nearly made it into Melee that's a thing!

Never played FE5, but doesn't he have a prf 1~2 range sword? That would be cool of him to use!

Fire Emblem Warriors would be EPIC. :D

I also really want FE to crossover with Zelda. <3

I don't really know much of Leif, but I do like his design way better than Roy's.

He nearly made it into Melee that's a thing!

Never played FE5, but doesn't he have a prf 1~2 range sword? That would be cool of him to use!

Leif can promote to Master Knight. He's basically the FE equivalent of Link, he can wield EVERYTHING.

You people, wow.

Honestly, I'm not at all big on Roy, but if I get Dixie, Ice Climbers, and Wolf I really won't care who else is added. Hopefully Roy is a sign that Sakurai wants to bring back all the veterans and will find some way to include Ice Climbers.

tbh Ice Climbers can go crawl in a hole and die

I want Wolf doe

Also, we're probably not getting any DLC after Ryu/ballot character because how the hell are they gonna do the spacing for them on the 3DS version? Unless they put all the DLC characters into one slot and then we select the one we wanna play as from there, a la WWE 2K.

I never said anything about Ike having the same moveset as anyone, I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. He's still a blue-haired swordsmen from the same series as all the other blue-haired swordsmen. Not to mention that Counter was at the time almost exclusively a Fire Emblem thing, since Roy and Marth both had it.

It's impossible to please literally everyone. If you don't want to buy it, you don't have to. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean that no one else will like it.

I guess the best thing to do in this situation is just deal with it. Being unhappy with completely optional content is pretty silly, don't you think?

That really isn't a fair comparison to make. Shiek and Zelda are the same person, as are Link and Toon Link to a lesser extent. Samus and Shulk are from entirely different series, and only three of them share any similarities in weapons (obviously being that Shulk, Toon Link, and Link all using swords). Fire Emblem, on the other hand, has every single rep wielding a sword, and three of them had blue hair. In Brawl both of the FE reps had blue hair, and we had the possibility of having two more blue-haired swordsmen in Smash 4. Thankfully only one more blue-haired sword lady was in as a fighter, but we still have yet another blue-haired sword dude in Robin's final smash.

When most of the characters from a single game share the same weapon type and similar attributes, people start getting tired of it. Imagine if all of the reps from LoZ were all different forms of Link. Wouldn't you get sick of that?

Until people started bitching because the super niche series has 4 reps before its popularity boom. As much as I would have liked it it would have been a bad move to introduce that many FE reps when all of it's popularity was still from Smash.

Too bad Meg would never be playable ;-;

tbh Ice Climbers can go crawl in a hole and die

arr. Its not happening anyway. There was a reason they were cut in the first place. Otherwise, we'd likely have them by default.